Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 359
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anal dipping with HIV positive person? Risk? Undetectable.  (Read 11514 times)

Offline Damarcus

Anal dipping with HIV positive person? Risk? Undetectable.
« on: March 27, 2016, 12:41:09 pm »
I am the top uncut negative and my partner is a positive bottom. About a week ago,3/20/2016  I engaged in anal dipping with him about 3 times. I stop myself but, soon I started jacking off. When I was about to cum, I stuck it inside him (the head of my penis) for about 3 seconds and ejaculated in him and took it right out. For only three seconds. Most of my cum was on his back then inside him but i know I came inside him for about two seconds. I also gave him oral where he ejactulated in my mouth but I did not swallow it but spit it out. I currently do not experience any symptoms. I will be having a HIV RNA QL test Monday morning 3/ 28/2016. He said is undetectable (cd4 count 717) but I would like to know if I do have it or not from these episodes. We did not have Full sex , just the anal dip in him no more than 3 times plus the small ejactulation in him.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Anal dipping with HIV positive person? Risk? Undetectable.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »
Hi

So TASP has proven highly effective as an aid in preventing transmission.
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP

Also you might want to also consider PrEP as an additional layer of protection going forward. PrEP PEP and PrEP

However if you are having unprotected intercourse (even if it's just brief dipping) I would recommend regular testing. As for this event guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result. 
You can read about testing here:HIV Testing

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions.

If you are sexually active, it is highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Finally use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, to avoid sexually transmitted hiv infection.

Kind regards

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 01:52:00 pm »
I will have the HIV RNA test tomorrow. Is that to early?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
Hi

I can only give the guidelines to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result. Some more modern tests do detect earlier however you would need to talk to the doctor taking/ordering the test.  Testing Information
HIV Testing

Personally I do not know of any test that is accurate within such a short timespan 7-8 days. 

Jim

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:01:29 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:24:35 pm »
Hi

If you do post again can you let me know is this your regular partner as in BF?
(Is this a relationship).

Also if this is between you and your BF how long is he UD? The reason I ask is so I can give you a better risk assessment.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:34:27 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »
We have be dating for about a month. he said his cd4 count is at 717. We did not have full sexual intercourse but just those brief penetration dips. 3 at the most. After that I got and just resumed to masturbate. When I was about to climax, I put my penis head back (for the 3rd dip) in (not deep) and ejaculated in him for no more than two seconds and I took it out. Most of my cum was on his back than in him.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »
Hi

Okay as your dating I am going to move your thread to "Someone I care about" now this also means I am going to adjust your account so you can post in that section of the forum. You will also get input and support in the "Someone I care about" section from other members.

If your not using condoms I stand by my assessment that PrEP is something you should at least think about as an additional layer of protection and I still do recommend regular testing.

TasP has been studied at length before like the HPTN 052 study. One more recent study included gay serodiscordant couples, the "Partner" study and it's looking at the chances of transmitting HIV with an undetectable viral load, and so far there have been no transmissions between either gay or heterosexual serodiscordant partners.  The Partner study included condomless intercourse  htps://www.poz.com/article/transmission-zero-25241-4476

There are however a few if's and buts with the idea of TasP such as the length of time someone is UD, and also it dependents on people remaining UD and being adherent to their HIV treatment. Hence I was probing about how long your new partner is UD.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:58:12 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline AusShep

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »
I will have the HIV RNA test tomorrow. Is that to early?

I'd say it's a bit early.  From a variety of studies I've read.  RNA can be detected as soon as 3 days, most by 10 days, but outliers as long as 21 days.  The study that found a 21 day case suggested a 28 day worst case window.  14 days would be very high confidence, which is the longest time an earlier study found a conversion.

As Jim pointed out, your risk is near zero if your partner has been UD for a year or more, and PrEP is an option you may want to consider.

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 12:58:19 pm »
He said e has been undetectable for 7 1/2 years. I do believe him now since its out in the open with me. I have seen his meds (Atripal) I believe that is how it is spelled. He said he only misses a dose only because no more than a couple of days only because he has to order them through the mail.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »
Look I fully expect you will test negative when you do test and presuming this is all correct than the risk was very, very low. Virtually none. However I can't say it's 0.

PrEP and/or Condoms is still something you should at least think about but also discuss with your partner, regular testing is also important not only for HIV but also for other STI's of course. 

Personally I use condoms for intercourse however my reasons are not so much HIV transmission related. It's more for my own safety in regards to STI's and also avoiding getting anyone pregnant. I love my kids but 2 are more than enough. :-)

Jim.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:57:40 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 11:57:59 am »
I got my results back from Quest Diagnostics from using the HIV 1 RNA QL TMA test and its says : Reference Range: Not Detected. Its says the test is accurate from 7 -10 days after exposure and its is FDA approved. I got the test completed at the 8th day. This test was performed using the APTIMA(R) HIV-RNA Qualitative Assay (Gen-Probe). Is I'm free from HIV and this worry!??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 12:28:26 pm »
I'm just wondering if you told your BF that you are testing, and did he have any reaction or comment on this ?

Based on what you posted yourself it says accurate after 10 days on the test and you took it at day 8. So a follow-up test to confirm. Look just take a swab test at 13 weeks and you will be fine.

You risk was really, really only a tiny risk if what you posted is correct so, no need to panic.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 05:47:03 pm »
My local health department called me ( randomly )and told me to come in to talk about my results. Now, I had a whole STD checkup completed and everything was normal except for HSV 1 (Herpes 1) but that is usually not reported to the local health department. Why would they call me if my results for HIV RNA is negative?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »
You HIV result was negative so the only way to find out what they do want is to talk to them.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Damarcus

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 06:06:32 pm »
But I did my STD check-up at a private clinic, so how would my local health department have that information if my test was taken at a private clinic? I even called the private clinic and they said they did not send anything to my local health department. So how would they even know I got tested?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 01:54:11 am »
The only way to find out what they do want is to talk to them.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 12:55:52 pm »
So at first I thought this conversation would be heading more into you and the relationship. However it's been purely about the risks and this has also run it course.

If nobody objects I am locking this thread, I do wish the OP all the best with the new relationship.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.