Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV in blood on an open wound  (Read 30083 times)

Offline vietnamboy

HIV in blood on an open wound
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »
Dear Doctor
I come from Vietnam, three weeks ago, I have to shave at the barbershop. The barber shaved me with H. He deliberately scraped into acne on my face and cause bleeding. He then used his fingers are bleeding and small 1 or 2 drops of his blood on the wounds of my bleeding. That is his blood from the body after he is exposed immediately to my wounds. I have not thought very subjective situation and do not use PEP. Please help me doctor, I asked about the risk for my high? I was puzzled because HIV is not the time to fully test
Thank doctor

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV in blood on an open wound
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:02 am »
Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:34 am »
Yes, i m sorry.
Please help me with matter above
Many thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:32:43 am »
Yes, i m sorry.
Please help me with matter above
Many thanks

It's OK Vietnamboy,

You don't need to start another thread. Rodney isn't aware that you posted in the I Just Tested Positive forum earlier.

A moderator will merge your threads presently. Until then keep posting here. Don't start a new thread or return to your older one.

As you were told by Jonathan in your other thread, HIV isn't transmitted in barbershops even if you get small nicks or cuts from razors.

HIV Is transmitted by:

Unprotected vaginal and anal sex;
Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes;
In some cases from HIV positive mother to her unborn or nursing infant.

You were not at risk of HIV infection from this incident. You do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:31 am »
thank you share your commitment to help me much more confident. I'm safe right? Although the blood to stick to his wound bleeding of me immediately when it is outside his body? This process takes place at almost the same one.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:21 am »
thank you share your commitment to help me much more confident. I'm safe right? Although the blood to stick to his wound bleeding of me immediately when it is outside his body? This process takes place at almost the same one.

Yes, you are safe. HIV does not live for long outside of the body. It is spread inside the body. For example when people have sex without using condoms.

You cannot catch HIV from shaving, even at a barber's shop.

Please read our Welcome Thread. It contains links to our lessons on HIV is spread.

MtD

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 06:55:03 am »
would like to Thanks for the initial consultation. I did not know I write English is correct and you have misunderstood my situation? my situation is similar transfusion risk from HIV than a haircut. his barber HIV. hands him his cut and grapes 1.2 years drops of blood on the wounds of my bleeding. sample time he was exposed to air is very short. please help me

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:42:03 am »
We have understood quite clearly what your concern is. You are worrying needlessly. HIV is a fragile virus and it is not passed in the manner you are concerned about. You are not going to make history by becoming the first person to ever become infected through a barbershop cut or nick. It just doesn't happen that way.

There is no need for further concern on your part or for testing and certainly not for PEP. You did not have a risk.

If you ever need to write in again please make sure to use only this thread.

Now get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:54 am »
Dear Dr. Andy
Let me be clear about your risk by following step by step and ask your doctor a final word of advice
1. Barber has HIV
2. He won a razor pimples on my face bleeding
3. He used a knife to cut into his bloody hands
4. His hand touched his bleeding wounds and poured my blood 1.2 has that his or her HIV
5. His blood was still wet with the blood of my contacts are when blood leaks out of him out of his body
We wish health doctors

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »
Please doctor help me last times
Thank you!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »
Reread the replies that you have been given.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »
Dear Dr. Andy
Let me be clear about your risk by following step by step and ask your doctor a final word of advice
1. Barber has HIV
2. He won a razor pimples on my face bleeding
3. He used a knife to cut into his bloody hands
4. His hand touched his bleeding wounds and poured my blood 1.2 has that his or her HIV
5. His blood was still wet with the blood of my contacts are when blood leaks out of him out of his body
We wish health doctors

Boy,

Even if the barber had HIV you were still not at risk of HIV transmission. HIV is not spread that way.

Also, we are not doctors.

MtD

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »
Thank you everyone in the forum
May I ask a final question about the transmission of HIV. It is not transmitted this way?
My penis has a sticky vaginal fluids of HIV-infected girls. I have washed, and then seven hours I have sex with my wife I do not use condoms and my wife's vagina has to be scratched. My wife is at risk in this case?
Thanks All

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 05:19:25 am »
Who is answer? Please

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:06:26 am »
As long as you did not have unprotected vaginal (or anal) sex then having unprotected intercourse with your wife would not be a risk. If the fluids on your penis are simply from rubbing your penis against the vaginal lips but without penetration, that's not a risk. Nor is it a risk if the woman touched you with vaginal fluids on her hands. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted by hand.
Andy Velez

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:26:32 pm »
Thanks Andy
I have used a condom when having sex. I just stuck with HIV on vaginal penis. I'm afraid to wash them still living on it and when my relationship with my wife, it will enter the body through scratches my wife in the vagina. Is it a risk?
Regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:38 am »
As long as you did not have unprotected vaginal (or anal) sex then having unprotected intercourse with your wife would not be a risk. If the fluids on your penis are simply from rubbing your penis against the vaginal lips but without penetration, that's not a risk. Nor is it a risk if the woman touched you with vaginal fluids on her hands. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted by hand.

Just keep it simple. If you used condoms for intercourse with the other woman then you weren't at risk and you can't pass HIV to your wife. Stop making the situation more complicated than it really is.
Andy Velez

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:02 pm »
Dear Sir Andy
I know I can not get HIV if a condom is used. And so I can not get infected and spread it to my wife. The risk here comes from an intermediary (penis). My penis is attached to HIV. Then a few hours I had sex with his wife. I'm afraid it's not dead, it still lives and in the process of rubbing my penis with her ​​vagina, it penetrates my wife. Am I too paranoid?
Best regards

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:22 pm »
You had condom protected sex and didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28:03 am »
Boy,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus. When it's outside the body and on your penis, it becomes damaged and cannot infect. It does not "attach" itself to your penis. You cannot infect your wife this way.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we say you have not had a risk, go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 07:38:55 am »
Thanks all for your support!
I would like to sent a best wish for all
Thank again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 09:36:41 am »
OK. Now get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline vietnamboy

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 02:14:17 am »
Hi everyone
Everyone asked me. The triple blood test to look for Down syndrome test during pregnancy have found that if HIV is not a pregnant woman is infected with HIV?
Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 04:51:42 am »
Boy,

Down's syndrome tests look for Down's syndrome, not hiv.

If a person wants to know their hiv status, they have to take an hiv antibody test.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.