Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:22:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 292
Total: 293

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anchor's LIVE Panic Attack  (Read 5444 times)

Offline tednlou2

Anchor's LIVE Panic Attack
« on: March 13, 2014, 12:37:53 am »
ABC News anchor and reporter, Dan Harris, has done a series of reports about the panic attack he had, while anchoring on Good Morning America.  He discusses depression, after returning from reporting in war zones.  He admits to doing cocaine and extacy to self-medicate.  His doctor said the drug use almost certainly caused the panic attack.  I am sure that could happen, but then just stopping using them would seem to solve the problem.  I would think it goes deeper than that, and what he discusses would bare that out.  He goes on a journey to evaluate his life and happiness.  He talks to Deepak and many others, including religious leaders.  He finds meditating worked for him.

For those who've had panic attacks, you will immediately realize what's happening to him in this video.  This has happened to me many times.  I just wish I had just one, like he seems to have.  There is good advice about getting rid of the negative thoughts.  It would take many paragraphs to discuss the origins of mine.  They just got worse after being certain I was poz in 2001, and even worse after the dx.  I would have them at the store.  I kept wondering whether it was about being in a crowded place, or whether it was guilt from stealing as a kid.  I had a bad one while giving a presentation in front of several people.  For me, I do think there is a chemical imbalance component.  But, I know there are other issues, too. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/long-journey-10-happier-22871604?tab=9482930&section=1206872&playlist=12818633

This segment discusses meditation and rewiring your brain.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/rewiring-brain-happiness-22871635

Offline tryingtostay

Re: Anchor's LIVE Panic Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:26:12 am »
I am having them pretty bad and I think it's due to learning about my status around mid March.  I had one yesterday after going through the Memoriam section here.  Then about 3-4 hours later I had another one out of no-where.  I wonder if there is a physiological part about it that I don't understand yet.  I know I've been terribly weak and dizzy and my energy level gets zapped just from doing little things and I wonder if the negative thoughts are zapping my energy or if I'm actually physically sick and they are coming on easier because I'm weak.  There is a connection for sure.  I think some nutritional supplments help.  Like SAMe, and a B Complex but these level of anxiety and panic attacks are completely temporary debilitating for me...

Offline mrtoad

Re: Anchor's LIVE Panic Attack
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:11:06 am »
The coke may have been a trigger but not the cause.It's obvious he had this problem building for some time.I have had several panic attacks.And way more than I can count anxiety attacks.Similiar but slightly different.
Lee
prezista with a kick from norvir,
Truvada, Intellence. celexa,xanax.Revolving statin

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.