Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:51:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 631
Total: 632

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Public Apology  (Read 3491 times)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
A Public Apology
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:20:48 pm »
To the Forums At Large,

I wish to apologize to each and everyone of you for my part in any discomfort present on these pages of late.

I have just posted an apology to Shane in his thread "To Zephyr" in the Gatherings thread.

My private life is very intense right now, and while some events are welcome, others are not.

I am working toward solutions, while trying to remain productive, and ask your forebearance as I travel these roads.

With love,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
Re: A Public Apology
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:43:47 pm »
I prefer not to venture to such areas of this site, lest I take offence at something I sould read. Living with HIV is as intense as I prefer ;) Thanks for the apology, all the same, but I don't think it particularly applies to me. In any case, you've done alot of good stuff, from what I understand, so you likely still have great credit - at least with me  ;D

Grab the bull by the horns, babe, and work whatever room in which you find yourself!

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:42:27 am »
Dear Wellington,

Your kind words mean a great deal to me this day, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It's interesting that you said 'work those rooms', as I did exactly that on Tuesday, in front of a group of professional counselors here in my town.

Four women and I facilitated a precedent-setting presentation on Women and HIV, and the support was astonishing! It will always be a cherished memory of mine, all those interested faces, and the incredible learning that went on there.

Hope you are well.........!

Love,

Zeph :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:05:44 pm »
Dear Zephie,

I don't really go in for public apologies because it doesn't seem necessary in these public forums.  You and I have been here constantly and consistantly for almost a year now.  We have seen flame wars and baiting, some harrassment, the long list of denialists and who knows what all we have experienced in our lives as people living with HIV/AIDS and in our personal PM's as well.

Today is a good time to move on and get back to the business of living with the disease.  I have been asked to prepare a presentation for the annual HIV Planning Retreat in Sonoma County.  The goal is to open a Public Relations firm to empower public support in HIV/AIDS funding issues.  We spoke recently about utilizing my site www.Commission-on-AIDS.org to benefit the Zephyr Foundation and raise public awareness on HIV care and treatment issues, RWCA and fund raising to help get Long Term Non-Progressors to Bethesda for all the tests and lab work.

I am redesigning the site, have until November 4th to show my stuff to the other Commissioners.  The tracking reports show they have not been looking at it for several months and the new improved version has got to sizzle.  I have a lender who will write a loan if the COA supports this venture with a written three year contract.  Some articles as we discussed will be perfect as every member of the Commmission lived HIV/AIDS vicariously through us and you status as a LTNP will certainly benefit the 59,000 + or - people living with HIV/AIDS in California.

The newly redesigned site will be forwarded to each of the 9 Title I EMA's in California, every newspaper, healthcare organization and ASO in California.  We are going to make a difference and I need your help.  Have the best day
Michael

Edited to add...

I just recieved an email from the VP of Sunbelt Properties, a firm specializing in confidential business sales.  We are meeting next week to discuss a listing in one of the three counties Sonoma, Marin or San Francisco.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:36:34 pm by Sonomabeach »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.