Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 454
Total: 456

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Ford Focus died, finally bought a Renault Megane  (Read 8585 times)

Offline blondbeauty

My Ford Focus died, finally bought a Renault Megane
« on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »
Car Buyer Video about the Megane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PKN1zl4Rr8

I would have prefered a Coupe Cabriolet like this onebut its 8.000 euros more and had to wait two months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEcZqMkHy7Q

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:51:50 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline skeebo1969

Re: My For Focus died, finally bought a Renault Megane
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:51:26 pm »

Nice car, hope you enjoy it.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline blondbeauty

Re: My Ford Focus died, finally bought a Renault Megane
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 05:11:37 pm »
This was the other candidate, but the cabin interiors are bad, some parts are plastic painted in silver simulating aluminium.

SEAT Leon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKpDwashfk
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:49 pm »
Hey Blond, you know what they all say FORD= found on the road DEAD  ;D I have a 13 yr old FORD PU w/ 60,001 miles on it, next yr. I want something new and better than what I have now, but, it's gonna cost me, what I want, starts @ $28,000, but I still want it, and I'm gonna get it come hell are high water  ;D I hope
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »
Sweet ride Blond, and it kinda resembles the Focus. Hope it brings you many miles of happiness!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:30:48 pm »
Thank you both. denb45 the Megane Coupe Cabriolet costs the same money you want to spend. I wouldnīt have changed my Focus unless strictly necessary, but the gear box is broken and replacing it is expensive for a car that is 5 years old. It is not worth repairing it.
Yes WillyWump, I hope so and, as you say, it is very similar to the Focus, but I hope its better. The Focus has given me too much trouble.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »
Watch and listen the funny "jungle fantasy" of the C4 :D :D :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTlI7AUA64&feature=relmfu

Offline SunnyFlorida

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »
Thank you both. denb45 the Megane Coupe Cabriolet costs the same money you want to spend. I wouldnīt have changed my Focus unless strictly necessary, but the gear box is broken and replacing it is expensive for a car that is 5 years old. It is not worth repairing it.
Yes WillyWump, I hope so and, as you say, it is very similar to the Focus, but I hope its better. The Focus has given me too much trouble.

The Megane is on the Nissan C platform (Renault and Nissan have a partnership, as you may know) and share parts with the Nissan Qashqai (in Europe), Rogue and Sentra (in the US) among others. To date, I haven't heard of any major mechanical issues with the C platform cars. I drive a Nissan Versa which is a Renault Clio with different front and rear ends and it's been amazing. I think you'll be very happy with your Megane. :)

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 09:21:24 pm »
I am glad to hear that Sunnyflorida. I had a Renault Clio for 3 years before the Focus. No trouble at all. That why I returned to Renault. I will get my Megane on Thursday. I am looking forwar to it, mainly because I donīt have a means of transport now...

Video of Megane (cant wait till Thursday!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9thGFPs13I&NR=1

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 11:36:26 pm »
Watch and listen the funny "jungle fantasy" of the C4 :D :D :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTlI7AUA64&feature=relmfu

Hello to him...the accent makes me melt.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 05:40:51 am »
you know what they all say FORD= found on the road DEAD

That's Fords more than five years old. A younger Ford means Fix Or Repair Daily. ;D

I haven't owned a car in nineteen years. (had one my first year on the Rock) I'm not jealous one little bit - they're just too damned expensive not only to buy, but to fill up with petrol, tax, insure etc etc etc. My daughter has a car and her insurance premium went up by £200 just the other week. She's been with the company for three years now and has never filed a claim or even had a parking ticket. And now her gearbox is on its way out, according to her soldier-boy-mechanic boyfriend. It will cost her £900 to get it fixed and the car itself is not worth much more than that. :-\ I think she paid in the region of £1500 for it about two years ago.

Give me public transportation or my own feet any day. Of course I'm lucky to live somewhere with half-way decent public transportation. Having a few mates with cars and/or trucks helps too for those rare times when a bus, my feet or a taxi just won't do.

PS - Young men in the UK complained (repeatedly) that they were being charged with higher car insurance premiums than young women. They claimed sex discrimination, and rightly so, I suppose. However, when the law was recently changed to where the insurance companies could no longer engage in this practice, instead of lowering the young men's premiums, they raised the young women's. So it kinda backfired - the young men are still paying high premiums, but so are the young women. The only winners are the insurance companies - no big surprise there. >:(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:50:32 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 06:07:30 am »
In Switzerland one can do car sharing - its pretty economical and also environment friendly of course.
They have a lot of Meganes. What I can't figure out is, some models have a lot of power and also there are some snails.  But the newest ones, they are really well done.  
Is your Megane fast and peppy?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »
This was the other candidate, but the cabin interiors are bad, some parts are plastic painted in silver simulating aluminium.

SEAT Leon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKpDwashfk

BB-
   The SEATs are built to a different market, they are price leaders basically, so the material quality is lower than the Renault. I understand they are pretty reliable too. Also, Volkswagen, who owns SEAT, is thinking of sending it to the great beyond to joins Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Tatra and all the others who went before.

Be nice to Fords. My 15 year old F250 pickup has almost 200,000 miles on it, and runs like new still. The only issue is the mileage, getting around 9 mpg or so. But having the 7.6L V-8 combined with a 7,000lb curb weight and the aerodynamics of, say, the Astrodome it actually ain't too bad....

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »

Be nice to Fords. My 15 year old F250 pickup has almost 200,000 miles on it, and runs like new still. The only issue is the mileage, getting around 9 mpg or so. But having the 7.6L V-8 combined with a 7,000lb curb weight and the aerodynamics of, say, the Astrodome it actually ain't too bad....

CaptCarl

Now that's what I'm talking bout  ;D SWEET oh I want that  :P if I must get another FORD ;) if not, I'll have to settle for something  a lot less cheaper, sigh  ::) decisions hummm  :D

http://www.ford.com/suvs/sporttrac/?searchid=426441|28125757|205374971&ef_id=B3hNo28PzzAAAE8Z%3A20110412223603%3As

or THIS:  :P

SWEET, Oh Yeah  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:00:45 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 09:38:53 pm »
or THIS:  :P
 SWEET, Oh Yeah  ;D

Ooooh Baby! Me want one too! But could I please get it in a better color? That Rental Car Racing Beige color just doesn't work for me....

Offline denb45

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 12:26:24 am »
Ooooh Baby! Me want one too! But could I please get it in a better color? That Rental Car Racing Beige color just doesn't work for me....
I'd settle for charcoal black, w/ city ghetto-bling-rims, and a 400 watt sound system , after all, I 'm a city  ethnic slicker ya know, gotta roll w/ my hommies  ;D

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 12:38:48 am »
I'd settle for charcoal black, w/ city ghetto-bling-rims, and a 400 watt sound system , after all, I 'm a city  ethnic slicker ya know, gotta roll w/ my hommies  ;D

RIP Brittany Murphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7UpaKKrOYY

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:08:08 am »

Ghetto Bling rims????? They'd be bent outta shape within the first 100 feet of hitting the trail! Jeeps are meant to go offroading. If you want to do the ghetto thing in ABQ, then you need an Escalade or a Hummer with the optional gun holder for your 9mm.... :-*

CaptCarl

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 08:44:18 am »
I have been unlucky with my Ford. My mother has owned 4 Ford before and all of them were excellent. One of them is still owned by a relative, it is 11 years old and still going.

I like that Jeep! even in cream colour. Whis I could afford one (and drive it on certain narrow streets in Madrid).

As Ann says, having a car is expensive. When I asked for the credit for my first car, I remember the director of the small office of my bank telling me it was like having a disabled child. But it gives you a lot of independence and freedom. Where I live I need a car for everything (that is very common in the USA) but not here. If I had to go to work by other means, I would have to spend almost two hours in public transport. By car in 35 to 45 minutes I am at my workplace.

Offline denb45

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:53 am »
Ghetto Bling rims????? They'd be bent outta shape within the first 100 feet of hitting the trail! Jeeps are meant to go offroading. If you want to do the ghetto thing in ABQ, then you need an Escalade or a Hummer with the optional gun holder for your 9mm.... :-*

CaptCarl

U mean the optional 45. auto holder  ;D Escalade or a Hummer , I'm afraid that's much to rich for my blood
unless I was a mack-daddy- pimp or a drug-dealer  :D

if I wanted to go off-roading or camping, I've have to leave my Ghetto-bling rims @ home, and just use the standard rims  ;D

aint nothing wrong w/ versatility..right  ;)

w/ me you get the best of worlds Ghetto or Country.. my hubby Bob-Bear LOVES my versatility   ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:42:19 am by denb45 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 10:28:26 am »
(and drive it on certain narrow streets in Madrid).

There's a guy on the Rock who has a Hummer. He got it stuck between two buildings in one of the narrow streets in the old section of Peel, where I live. Silly man. He had to get a tow truck to yank him out.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
There's a guy on the Rock who has a Hummer. He got it stuck between two buildings in one of the narrow streets in the old section of Peel, where I live. Silly man. He had to get a tow truck to yank him out.

:D and then you wonder why Ins rate are so high, not only was he silly, he was just plain dumb, he should have bought a motorcycle @ least that way he wouldn't have got stuck  :D  :D :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:43:38 am by denb45 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 10:49:52 am »
Where I live I need a car for everything (that is very common in the USA) but not here. If I had to go to work by other means, I would have to spend almost two hours in public transport. By car in 35 to 45 minutes I am at my workplace.

That's the way it here in ABQ where I live, without a car it would take me 2 hours to get across town on the bus I had to do this when my tranny went out and was in for repairs, cause I was to cheap to rent a car, and I hated being on the bus with a bunch DRUNKS, not fun  ::)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:01 am »
:D and then you wonder why Ins rate are so high, not only was he silly, he was just plain dumb, he should have bought a motorcycle @ least that way he wouldn't have got stuck  :D  :D :D

He was pretty arrogant too. It happened just a few yards from where I lived. I was out in the garden when it happened so when I heard this almighty screeching and scraping noise, I went out into the street to see what was going on. When he first started to get stuck instead of reversing like any sane person would do, he tried to power his way through. One of his wheels went up on the curb and ended up actually being about six inches or so above the ground as he became wedged. That was why he had to get a tow truck to pull him out. Lucky for him, there was a repair garage just another few yards up the road and the mechanic was there instead of being out on a call (which he often is).

I say he was arrogant because he was screaming and yelling that there should be a warning sign at the street's entrance. It was everyone's fault but his own, according to him. Everybody who had gathered around was laughing and saying that if he was so blind that he couldn't see his Hummer wouldn't fit, that he shouldn't have a licence. He really made a mess of the buildings he hit as well as his Hummer. One of them had only recently been repainted - boy was that guy pissed off. I always wondered what his insurance company thought when they got the claim. I saw him driving around Douglas just last week and he's had it repaired, but I bet he doesn't come to Peel very often any more. ;D

There was another time when a fire engine got stuck in another one of the narrow streets here. The driver got in a shit-load of trouble over it too, because he'd been told to not go that way, he was supposed to go the wrong way up the one-way street to reach the address where there was a chimney fire. :D Some people always think they know better.  ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 12:12:16 pm »
Lady Ann-

Hummer drivers around these parts are known for being complete dickheads for the most part. Drive like complete assholes usually. I also think that there is a rule stating that when you drive one of these pigs, you MUST be onthe cell phone at all times while driving. They buy the the most capable 4X4 on the planet, but look at you like a lunatic when you ask them where they go four-wheeling. They're like the guys who buy the baddest Corvette out there, then drive it at 5 mph slower than the posted speed limit. In the fast lane. Buncha Candy-Assed posers, truth be told. And they're too stupid to realize that what they have is essentially a Chevy Tahoe in a really ugly dress that costs an extra $20,000 to boot.

We had a neighbor out here who had a Hummer. Got it stuck in a snow-filled ditch twice last winter. I pulled him out both times. I used my 1986 AMC Eagle station wagon just to rub it in ;D. Just because you have the best 4X4 ever made, doesn't mean you are the best 4X4 driver in the world. Duh!

CaptCarl

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
They buy the the most capable 4X4 on the planet, but look at you like a lunatic when you ask them where they go four-wheeling.

Yep, there's no way this guy goes off-roading - at least not here on the Rock as the only off-road type places are for motorcycles only (aside from private land). He works in an office (finance sector - he worked just down the road from where I used to work in Douglas and I'd see him and his obscene machine all the time), so he probably doesn't have a farm. I don't know if he does it over on the mainland - but I do know that every time I've ever seen him and his Hummer, it's always pristine. Aside from after he was pull out from between the buildings, that is. :D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline denb45

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 12:38:07 pm »
Ybut I do know that every time I've ever seen him and his Hummer, it's always pristine. Aside from after he was pull out from between the buildings, that is. :D

:D well that's always tell-tail sign as well, when you see a 4x4 that always looks showroom new, I' mean come on where is the dam mud & dirt splashed on the side & wheel-wells  ::) posers & fakers, u got that one right  Capt. Carl  ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:40:17 pm by denb45 »

Offline denb45

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »

CaptCarl

Hubby wants that Jeep Wangler, but I want that Ford Sport-trac, sigh, help me out here Capt.Carl, what should we get? any suggestions? a motorcycle is definitively a big fat NO, NO, Bob will NOT agree to that?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:22:26 pm by denb45 »

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 02:54:04 pm »
Hubby wants that Jeep Wangler, but I want that Ford Sport-trac, sigh, help me out here Capt.Carl, what should we get? any suggestions? a motorcycle is definitively a big fat NO, NO, Bob will NOT agree to that?

Personally, I'd get the Wrangler. I think it's way better looking, plus you can pull the top and doors off in the nice weather, which in ABQ is 10 months out of the year. The Sport-Trac is nice too, but on the whole the Wrangler is more to my liking in both looks as well as off-road prowess. The you can bring it to my house, and I'll show you all the neat trails. Get the Rubicon edition...

CaptCarl

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:18 pm »
You can even take the Wrangler swimming.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Basquo

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »
I swore I'd never drive another Ford after the death of my Escort (Either Suck Cock Or Ride Train.) But I eventually settled into a little Mazda truck (same thing as a Ford Ranger) for a decade. Now I have two Fords that are 17 and 11 years old, I've put a bit of money into keeping them running good and safe but they were inherited so they're paid for and they have NEVER completely broken down on me except for the batteries going bad. All in all, I'd say that my experience with Ford lately is pretty good.

Now if I could afford a new car I'd be right up there with some of you big boys looking at trucks and Jeeps...

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 04:37:39 pm »
Personally, I'd get the Wrangler. I think it's way better looking, plus you can pull the top and doors off in the nice weather, which in ABQ is 10 months out of the year. The Sport-Trac is nice too, but on the whole the Wrangler is more to my liking in both looks as well as off-road prowess. The you can bring it to my house, and I'll show you all the neat trails. Get the Rubicon edition...

CaptCarl

WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4-DOOR 4X4
MSRP*   $25,545 That is more within our price range, were cheap we don't need any extra's  ;D

WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4-DOOR 4X4
MSRP*   is $32,790 to rich for our budget way too many extra's ( the built-in-vibrators & and cum-bags) hubby bob & I would NEVER use, a dirty t-shirt to wipe off the cum and some fingers up the ass will do just fine  ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:44:37 pm by denb45 »

Offline SunnyFlorida

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »
Hahaha... you guys and your trucks/jeeps/whatnot. :D I'm happy in my little blue Nissan Versa hatchback. ;) It was brand new, about $14,500 out the door.

Offline denb45

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 06:42:34 pm »
Hahaha... you guys and your trucks/jeeps/whatnot. :D I'm happy in my little blue Nissan Versa hatchback. ;) It was brand new, about $14,500 out the door.

Wait a minute here,  that  Nissan Versa won't save you in a snow-storm, and I can assure you during the winter in some other parts of the country, you'll be out-of-luck trying to get anywhere in that thing, not everyone lives in Sunny ass Florida  :D

Offline SunnyFlorida

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »
Wait a minute here,  that  Nissan Versa won't save you in a snow-storm, and I can assure you during the winter in some other parts of the country, you'll be out-of-luck trying to get anywhere in that thing, not everyone lives in Sunny ass Florida  :D

LOL! I've actually driven through a snowstorm in that thing, gotten stuck on black ice (handled that like a boss, I have to say) and done some pretty fun winter things. I drive around a lot. ;) Granted the Vehicle Dynamic Control isn't nowhere as good as a all-wheel-drive, but it's been perfectly fine for me! :D

This is my car on the mean streets of New York City (W 93 Street and West End Ave in Manhattan, if anyone's curious) during my road trip last summer. So proud of her! :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.