Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 610
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Perfect Food  (Read 9633 times)

Offline Basquo

The Perfect Food
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:47 pm »
If you were allowed to have the perfect dish prepared for you, by the greatest chefs in history, living or dead, what would you want it to be?  It could be anything known or unknown.

Keep in mind that different people and different cultures come up with crazy combinations all the time...and they win awards!  So with that in mind, I offer my dream dish:

Chocolate Lobster Bread.  With Butter.

And yours?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: The Perfect Food
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:48 pm »
Filet mignon with pomegranite sauce.

Does that count?   :P
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:17 am »
Filet mignon with pomegranite sauce.

Does that count?   :P

Oh yes, that actually sounds quite delicious!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:45:22 am »
Lemon sole with a side of tender buttered vegetables!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:48:28 am »
Herb encrusted lamb chops with garlic potato gratin and sugar snap peas, followed by a dessert of chocolate bread pudding and a glass of madiera.

edit:  must add appetizer of Mussels Provencal
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:32:27 pm by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:14:50 pm »
the perfect food would be my comfort food....

home cooked

arroz blanco, frijoles negros, bistec de Palomilla con mucha cebolla y perejil y papas fritas o yuca frita.
(cuban style black beans and white rice, Palomilla steak with chopped onions and parsley and french fries or yuca fries)

Damn....I'm hungry now
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 02:25:36 pm »
New York strip medium rare, grilled on mesquite wood, baked sweet potato w/ cinnamon, salad with bleu cheese dressing.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:47:33 pm »
Shrimp scampi, boiled crawfish (real, southern, straight from the boiler and poured over the table), seasoned baked potato, nice fresh hot home made bread with real melted butter, and warm chocolate truffles.  Oh, and decaf sweet tea to drink.

Mum

Hamburger with ketchup and jello and applesauce and mom's pudding pie.  Oh, and a diet Coke to drink.

Mini
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 03:29:47 pm »
This thread is making me hungry.
Andy Velez

Offline Funkengruven

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 04:18:12 pm »
Medium rare filet mignon so tender you can cut it with a butter knife, garlic mashed potatoes with fresh ground pepper, steamed broccoli drizzled with black truffle oil and a bottle of '97 Bordeaux so smooth it goes down like soft, supple red velvet.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »
  mmmmm I want a bite of every thing above....I also love trashy food , keep hoping some one will come up with a Cheetos and campbells soup casserole
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 06:46:38 pm »

Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, with tater tots. :)  Just kiddin. I would have to think about this.  The best steak Ed and I ever had was at an Argentinian owned/operated restaurant, on Florida's east coast. I have never had anything close to that again.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 07:32:45 pm »
Nothing beats a properly done roast leg of lamb with mint sauce, crispy baked potatoes, baked Kent pumpkin, fresh bioled peas and carrots and pan juice gravy done with the juices of the roast and the vegetables.

This would be followed by a home made apple pie with fresh thick cream from the local dairy.

This would then be followed by a good sleep, while someone else does the washing of the dishes!

I am a man of simple tastes and needs.

Regards
Scuddles

[attachment deleted by admin]
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 08:40:30 pm »
Anything I don't have to cook  ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 12:02:44 pm »
  mmmmm I want a bite of every thing above....I also love trashy food , keep hoping some one will come up with a Cheetos and campbells soup casserole

My ex-roomie, who is very gourmet now, used to make this rather delish ground beef and tater tots casserole when we were in college together.  I *LOVE* tater tots.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 12:50:48 pm »
My ex-roomie, who is very gourmet now, used to make this rather delish ground beef and tater tots casserole when we were in college together.  I *LOVE* tater tots.

My mom made tater tot casserole last week. My doctor knows I don't get out much so he always invites me to his dinner parties. Tonight ,he invited me to come over for dinner. They all have rather upscale taste in food so I think Ill bring that tater tot dish along tonight. They will think its pretty funny I bet. ... and they probably will secretly love it also. Ive seen all they're cars at the local greasy spoon before.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:10 pm »

Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, with tater tots. :)  Just kiddin. I would have to think about this.  The best steak Ed and I ever had was at an Argentinian owned/operated restaurant, on Florida's east coast. I have never had anything close to that again.

Ray

the secrete of Argentinian steak is....

marinate the stake with rock sea salt( option to add 1 smashed garlic clove)....that is it...throw it in the grill....now they usually serve steaks with "Chimichurri"  that is nothing more than olive oil, garlic and parsley (you can also use this as the marinate for the steak)....

yummi...I love Argentian "Churrasco"

Rich

POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »
i'm hungry and there isn't anything here to fix.

unless i want a ketchup sandwich.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 01:53:12 pm »
i'm hungry and there isn't anything here to fix.

unless i want a ketchup sandwich.

you's po child

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 06:09:33 pm »

the secrete of Argentinian steak is....

marinate the stake with rock sea salt( option to add 1 smashed garlic clove)....that is it...throw it in the grill....now they usually serve steaks with "Chimichurri"  that is nothing more than olive oil, garlic and parsley (you can also use this as the marinate for the steak)....

yummi...I love Argentian "Churrasco"

Rich

Hey thanks for that .... I knew there was something in the preparation !! This restaurant was over at Vero Beach.  We tried to go back to it a few years later, when we were doing business in the area, but it was gone !!  :'(
In fact, Ed and I were just trying to remember,... I think the name of the restaurant was something simular to "Churrasco".

Take care----Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 04:03:58 pm »
I had lunch with my friend Marie yesterday.  She prepared a lovely Argentinian Shrimp dish with some impromptu dip and a quiche with all organic ingredients.  It was wonderful.  After lunch, we smoked some purple urkel herbs and discussed the future of our online relationships.  Mine being Walter whom, I have decided to let go in the history section and hers being Stevie Boy Wonder, from eHarmony.  After 4 episodes of Weeds, starring Mary Louise Parker, we decided Steve should be returned to eHarmony, filed under fiction.  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:26 pm »

Hey thanks for that .... I knew there was something in the preparation !! This restaurant was over at Vero Beach.  We tried to go back to it a few years later, when we were doing business in the area, but it was gone !!  :'(

Take care----Ray

Ray,

next time you go to South Florida, if you are near Hollywood  try Beef Eaters...it is an Argentinian Steak House on Hollywood Blvd..very simple and inexpensive but good steak..the menu simply carries steaks, chicken or ribs ...all grilled Argentine style of course...give it a try..

Rich

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 05:11:10 pm »
Kangaroo tail soup.

Kangaroo Tail Soup

Ingredients:

1 Kangaroo Tail, cut in joints
60g Barley, well washed
3 large Brown Onions
2 Bay Leaves
3-4 Carrots
2 Turnips
1 whole Nutmeg
3-4 Stalks Celery
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons lard or dripping
Cayene pepper (optional)
3 Litres veal, beef or good game stock, though water will do
150ml Shiraz or cabernet
Chopped parsley

Method

Peel and cut the vegetables into rough pieces. Melt dripping in a large saucepan. Add vegetables and allow to cook slowly without browning for 10 minutes. Add the tail joints, stock, barley, bay leaves, and nutmeg. Bring to boil and simmer slowly for 2-3 hours.

Cool and remove any scum or fat from the surface, then strain. Returned to washed saucepan, season to taste with salt and cayene pepper and bring to just boiling, then add wine, but do not boil again. Serve with chopped parsley.

This is seriously good stuff. I make it at least once a winter if I can get a kangaroo tail which, generally, I can. It should be noted that kangaroo tails come with the fur still on and have to be skinned by hand. It's generally a two man operation, see attached image.

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 05:20:30 pm »
 Once while on a visit to Australia I ordered kangaroo much to the horror of my friends... I think it was the tail...I liked it.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 06:19:55 pm »
We in Australia have the unique distinction of being the only country that eats its the animals featured on the National Coat of Arms
And it's quite tasty too!!!!!!!!

Regards
Scuddles
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 06:39:27 pm »
  LOL how nice Scuddles... I'm pretty sure we frown upon American Bald Eagle under glass.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:31 pm »
Eagle is stringy and bland. It's not worth the deep lacerations you get trying to strangle the bugger in preparation for the pot.

MtD
(Who has eaten both 'roo and emu)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 06:51:33 pm »
wow Matty. I know from reading your post How intelligent you are ... just got around to reading your Bio. didn't know I was in the presence of of such greatness.... I thought you may have been from the southern united states like me...just from reading whats been on the menu. ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 12:57:50 am »
I have yet to try kangaroo, but I'll eat anything that doesn't get out of my way fast enough, so there is still hope.  ;D

I love all varieties of dead animal, but my personal favorite is pork. If its pork, its got to be good!  ;)

To wit, a meal fit for a queen:

A tossed spring green salad with homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing,

Steamed mussels drizzled with clarified butter infused with freshly minced garlic, all of which is served on a bed of saffron or tarragon rice.

Stuffed doublethink pork chops served with hot applesauce over the top, baked sweet potato drizzled with honey and butter, lightly steamed beet greens served with seasoned rice vinegar and  fresh brussels sprouts served with just a touch of salt and clarified butter.

For dessert, I would make my infamous double layer, fudge-filled cocoa cake with buttercream frosting, dusted with cocoa powder and served with homemade french vanilla ice cream.

Ah, I love to cook - and to eat.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline 31diver

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:14 am »
Here's another marinade I use for Churrasco, (Skirt Steak)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Worctershire Sauce, ( I never could spell it much less say it)
salt
pepper
fresh cut onions
fresh minced garlic
Lime juice
depending on where you live, try Naranja Agria (Sour Orange)

let them marinade for a couple hours in the fridge and grill
I usually make pasta with a light butter sauce and grilled vegetables along with the steaks, also, if you have a Colombian bakery near you, I serve Pan de bono, ( Colombian cheese breads)
Damn, now I'm wanting to fire up the grill this week end.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »

I serve Pan de bono,

Damn....I haven't had Pan de bono since I left Miami...gosh I miss the little Colombian restaurant I had near my job....I LOVE Colombian empanadas (they are made of corn meal, stuffed with ground beef and potato then deep fried...yummy!!!!) and I love Sancocho (vegetalble soup(yuca, malanga, boniato, platanos, maiz) served with whatever meat you want)...I am so hungry now.......

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 02:43:31 pm »
Fried boniato with aioli sauce is divine.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 04:43:24 pm »
After lunch, we smoked some purple urkel herbs and discussed the future of our online relationships. 

Had to share my mental picture. I've never heard of urkel herbs

But I have heard of Steve Urkel.  ;D

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:12:21 pm »
Oh Wendy Dear,

I have shared that Purple Unkel image in the past but had this image in mind  ;D ;D ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »
I'm going to guess that is doctor feel good herbs.

LOL I am so square. I dont know diddly.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 06:29:32 pm »
Oh Wendy,

I have a prescription for that but... the other day, I was sharing a Chicken Crepe with a seagull at the marina and caught it on film  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:31 pm »
Something about their sharp beaks scare the bejesus out of me. LOL

Offline fearless

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:21 pm »
It would not be 1 dish but the degustation menu at Tetsuya's. $195 a head plus drinks.

Currently:

Pea Soup with Bitter Chocolate Sorbet

Smoked Ocean Trout & Avruga Caviar

Leek & Crab Custard

Scallop Carpaccio with Red Wine Vinaigrette

Confit of Petuna Tasmanian Ocean Trout with Konbu, Daikon & Fennel
Seasonal Green Salad

Ravioli of Queensland Spanner Crab with Tomato & Basil Vinaigrette

Grilled Fillet of Barramundi with Braised Nameko, Enoki & Woodear Mushrooms

Twice Cooked De-Boned Spatchcock with Olive & Caper Jus

Grilled Wagyu Beef with Lime & Wasabi

Comte with Lentils

Betroot & Blood Orange Sorbet
Strawberry Shortcake

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with White Beans & Dates

Chocolate Terrine with Mascarpone & Cognac Anglaise

Coffee or Tea & Petit Four

If cooking for myself. Roast lamb ala Scuds suggestion for dinner. Lambs brains and bacon for breakfast.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 07:25:30 pm »
Thank God I already finished eating. :P
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 07:28:35 pm »
 That all sounds so good...except the brains.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline 31diver

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 11:52:13 pm »
My mom used to make breaded cow brains when I was a kid. As disgusting as it sounds, they're actually quite good.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 07:29:47 am »
why soylent green of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 08:15:39 am »
why soylent green of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

:)
I never heard of that movie. It came out in 1973, I was in the military at the time, and probably too wasted to know it was released !  :P

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:12 pm »
I'm going to have to rent that now.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.