Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:13:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 444
Total: 447

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Drag Race 6  (Read 14736 times)

Offline buginme2

Drag Race 6
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:23:27 pm »
Ok.  Who do you like?

The Puerto Rican is just so F'ing cute (as a boy)!  My god.  He's adorable.

The Australian is amazing (in drag).  She looks like.....a hot chick.  She could have a photo spread in Maxim.  As far as her "drag" talent? I don't know.

The one with the voice...ya that voice...annoying when he/she talks but pretty good in drag. 

Ben De La Crem...talented..but the character will get old.  I hope she has more variety.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Drag Race 6
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:29:49 pm »
Ok.  Who do you like?

The Puerto Rican is just so F'ing cute (as a boy)!  My god.  He's adorable.

The Australian is amazing (in drag).  She looks like.....a hot chick.  She could have a photo spread in Maxim.  As far as her "drag" talent? I don't know.

The one with the voice...ya that voice...annoying when he/she talks but pretty good in drag. 

Ben De La Crem...talented..but the character will get old.  I hope she has more variety.

Oh the Puerto Rican is ADORBS. However my fave is Adore, as a boy. (did he get voted off last night?). Also Joslyns ass is freakin amazing, and is the thing dreams are made of.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 04:15:48 pm »
Vivacious got kicked off last episode.  She was...let's just say over confident.  Luckily my Puerto Rican saved himself. 

This is going to be a tough competition this year.

Offline Dan0

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 04:28:33 pm »
Bianca "I'll help you pack, Bitch!" Del Rio is giving me laughs for days.  She'll be around until the end just for the comedy value. 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:30:39 pm by Dan0 »
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
10/2013 Stribild Still UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:33:11 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Dan0

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:14 pm »
BTW - whomever does this blog is pretty on in their remarks. 

Still - Courtney Act could make me straight (well, maybe for a hot minute!)

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/03/rupauls-drag-race-scream-you-bitches-scream/
"Honey, you should never ask advice from a drunk drag queen who has a show to do." - JG

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »
The ones shashaying away on the first 3 episodes were abysmal. The bottom of this heap is really scraping the bottom. How did they even get on?  Do not forget the clever queens who got thrown off quickly in seasons past.  This lot, so very, very dumb, and painful to watch. Girls at the of the heap are a strong lot.

Liking that its all in glorious HD!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »
Anyone else still watching? 

I can't believe Josyln Fox was kept and Trinity kicked off.  Yes, no one can understand a word Trinity says and continuously called Chaz Bono Chad... but her look is so much more developed than Josyln.

And that hippopotamus Darrian Lake..has got to go.

Offline mecch

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02:08 pm »
I liked most of Trinity's looks and she's decent enough under pressure but behind the scenes she is one major debbie downer. It pains me to say I found her spiel on her HIV+ to be deluded or, worse, insincere. She really lacked in confidence. Mind you, the producers "shape" the personalities we see so who really knows the real person for any of these bitches. They are pushed to play roles and a lots seems scripted.
Joslyn Fox is likeable as a guy and nothing special as a drag queen.  I tended to pick favourites this year based on their appeal as guys. When my favourite guy and favourite drag got kicked off, Milk, I latched onto Adore Delano. (April Carrion was sooooo cute, though, no? Trinity is cute a boy, but again, what a chip on the shoulder.) 
Im having a hard time getting excited about any of them and therefore haven't regretted the loss of those kicked off so far.
BenDeLaCreme, Adore Delano, and Josyln Fox all seem like people you could enjoy spending time with as men and as drag queens.  Bianca Del Rio probably deserves to win but who cares, really.  She's not vulnerable, she's not pretty, she's not avant garde or kookie but she's skilful and smart.
Adore Delano is the wild card who I like to watch. She's messy but compelling enough and would probably keep growing and surprising people with her performances if she won.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:06:52 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »
i dont have tv... most of the time that really doesn't bother me... but this i'd be glued to  8)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »
Can you get it via the internet?
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline buginme2

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:31 pm »

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 01:15:16 am »
guys, i just have a thing for traps, crossdressers, and trannies  ;) don't judge me

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:46:53 am »
guys, i just have a thing for traps, crossdressers, and trannies  ;) don't judge me

Were do you keep your thing ?  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 10:29:37 am »
lol, me in drag?!? it doesn't work that way jeff... well, just that one time, and they giggled the whole time, said i don't know how to walk or even talk. i was duly rewarded for letting them play dress up doll with though. totally worth it.

Offline AusShep

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:29 am »
I think someone may come take my gay card away since I haven't seen the the show, doubly so since I had to urban dictionary "traps" to figure out what the heck Zach was talking about :).  Maybe I'll give the show a go.

Offline zach

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 10:45:13 am »
 :-[ blushing... i'm letting yall know wAAAAYYYY to much about how i got myself here in the firstplace. the heart wants what it want, and you can't pick your own kinks

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 11:02:58 am »
I think someone may come take my gay card away since I haven't seen the the show, doubly so since I had to urban dictionary "traps" to figure out what the heck Zach was talking about :).  Maybe I'll give the show a go.

Don't feel bad, I've never heard of the show and also will be googling "traps".  Hell, just a short time ago, I discovered I was an otter after googling.  This is such an informative site.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:28 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D back to prof zach 101, a trap is a pre op tranny, but way above average, smoking hot beautiful, beyond simply passable  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* i still love you tina

so named because poor naive straight boys get trapped, by the time they find the extra credit parts, they just say fuck it all and go for... ah memories of youth

Offline Dan0

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 11:58:29 am »
so named because poor naive straight boys get trapped, by the time they find the extra credit parts, they just say fuck it all and go for... ah memories of youth

Yeah, I don't think that you'll find many "Traps" on season 6 other than Courtney - who should have been genetically tested before being allowed on the show.  I've been around DQ's for years and never heard that expression.  Of course, the ones that I'm around would usually not be mistaken by a nubile young man even in the darkest of light or quantity of alcohol!

It's pure comedy. Already at work this morning, I heard someone screaming in falsetto, "Need Help Packin'?!" And since we've now lost the only contestant in six seasons who was jonesing her way from the start to her elimination, that part of the comedy factor is gone.  Instead, as it gets closer to the end, the claws come out and the one-liners are sickening!

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mecch

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 03:37:12 pm »
It might be nice if everyone made clear that they are aware labels such as trap and tranny are considered by many to be perjorative  -- and that nobody intends to insult or be insensitive..
I think this is another instance in which, for example, the guys on Drag Race can use all sorts of terms to refer to themselves but anyone who isn't in their shoes may not necessarily be allowed to do the same. It all depends on the venue and who's listening?

Yeah, I know all your hearts are in the right place and its just fun and lingo... Peace  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:57:58 pm by mecch »

Offline zach

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:17 pm »
yes, some of the words i've thrown out are taken as insults by some, owned by others, and flaunted by still others. i'm not sure i'll ever be politically correct, i've played on both sides of so many lines. very rarely do i mean harm by my words, i hope i haven't hurt anyone by using that term. in the circles i run with, its funny, said in admiral akbars voice. really its also somewhat of a compliment, it points out how beautiful someone is.

i have loved a transexual. i would never want to hurt her. she had a withering sense of humor.

humble apologies, i'm just a dumb hillbilly with no sense of sophistication

Offline mecch

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »
I KNOW that dear.  I just posted the comment because its a public forum and everyone who reads doesn't know everyones intentions and "position".
(Having to show one is PC, yeah, takes the fun out of stuff sometimes.)

Offline buginme2

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »
Anyway

Courtney Act.....thoughts.  Yes she is hot, ya I'd fuck her but is she a drag queen? Or, it's she a female impersonator and is there a difference ? 

Offline buginme2

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

Based on the shirt your wearing you'll get that gay card back in no time.   ;D

Cute pic btw

Offline mecch

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 05:06:50 pm »
I think Drag Queens and Female Impersonators have both been on Drag Race.  Also transitioning is allowed...   The judges don't deal with Gender Fuck, though.  And according to the script or edits, some of the contestants really don't have a deep drag culture.  Young, but also dumb?

Courtney Act - I don't find her beautiful or "hot" in drag...  She looks like a skinny dude showing her body.  I suppose thats hot - a matter of individual taste.  She's got some talents but not many compelling idiosyncracies. Any? I am reminded of 1st season "these are 400 dollar pants" Shannel.

Milk was young and made some poor choices - always the same - but is a cute dude and a funny and sexy drag.  Updated cockettes, seemed, oddly, contemporary?

I don't see Courtney Act doing any sort of Post-Vegas or post-show girl. Is there any irony? I guess she's just straight forward and god bless her for that.

Offline AusShep

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »
Based on the shirt your wearing you'll get that gay card back in no time.   ;D

Cute pic btw

Thanks.  :-*  it's funny to see the random straight guys with their girlfriends give you a second look if you're ever brave enough to wear it in public.

Got it from your local Seattle based Ajaxx63.  They have a lot of amusing designs.  I think I picked that one up at the leather store between the Cuff and Madison pub on Pike st.

Offline mecch

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »
In the 80s in SF there was a bar on Polk called the White Swallow. I arrived in that city pretty young and green and I walked in and decided not to stick around (my scene was more south of market) and walked out and a straight woman (!) followed me out and followed me down the street aggressively yelling that I was the prettiest man she had ever seen and she needed to eat my load. 

One time I was on a bus somewhere in Nob Hill and a elderly urban cowboy got on. He was wearing a pastel plaid western shirt (open to the navel) a bolo tie, a huge white cowboy hat, jean cut off fringed mini-shorts, his dick and balls were hanging down his leg in full view (balls: obviously weight-stretched, dick: pumped for many years) and white cowboy boots with silver and rhinestone accents.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:42 pm »
Thanks.  :-*  it's funny to see the random straight guys with their girlfriends give you a second look if you're ever brave enough to wear it in public.

Got it from your local Seattle based Ajaxx63.  They have a lot of amusing designs.  I think I picked that one up at the leather store between the Cuff and Madison pub on Pike st.

Oh wow, I've been there a lot. I think it's called dog house leather. I picked up a really nice pair of Nasty Pig shorts there awhile back, so comfortable. 

Classy

Offline mecch

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »
My heart wants Adore Delano or Trinity K bonet.  IMO youth is draw this year. Both are these guys are complex, body centered, unprecticable with hot flashes of transcendence.  Ok I identify with the old pros but I'm looking at the newbies....

Offline Dan0

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 02:08:39 am »
Writing's on the wall...or lipstick's on the mirror. It'll be the final three of the fat one, the pretty one and the funny one!

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mecch

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 04:57:38 am »
who is the pretty one?

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 10:38:31 am »
I definitely enjoy this show and laugh out loud almost every episode. I don't have a favorite contestant but generally just enjoy seeing what they put together, both the triumphs and train wrecks.

I have to say I was puzzled why the black basketball player would participate in a drag wedding makeover when he was so distressed by what his teammates would think he vomited. Had he ever seen the show? Did he think Drag Race involved automobiles?

who is the pretty one?

I'm assuming Courtney Act. I absolutely loved the angel costume with the mechanical wings.

I also love the Scruff Pit Crew.

Offline mecch

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »

I'm assuming Courtney Act. I absolutely loved the angel costume with the mechanical wings.

She's supposed to be so fishy but I smell nothing.  She reminds me of Speed Racer in that shot.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »
Adore was a train wreck last night.  Should have gone home. 

Offline Dan0

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 08:18:56 pm »
I'm just glad to finally be rid of that VOICE....it was somewhere between a cat with kidney stones and Fran Drescher with a head cold. Nauseating! I don't care how fine her ass was, that nasal twang was awful! Bye Jocyln!!!

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mitch777

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 07:07:50 pm »
Finally got caught up. Sorry to see Ben go. 

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »
Ben was sweet.  He's cute man too.
Adore has 3 wins now.....

I love Emma Stone.  Great lip synch performances on Jimmy Fallon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8

Offline mitch777

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 09:30:37 pm »
Bianca "I'll help you pack, Bitch!" Del Rio is giving me laughs for days.  She'll be around until the end just for the comedy value. 

I still can't get this^ out of my head! lol.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2014, 05:12:18 pm »
I don't agree with the choice. It was cruel to throw Darienne Lake off.  And wrong to keep Courtney. I never warmed up to her. She's robotic and very impressed with herself. Darienne gave much better performances recently.
Del Rio deserves it for overall talent but I personally like Adore.

Offline Dan0

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »
Mama Rue always has some twist in store. Remember the disqualified contestant being brought back the other season?  With the talent and fan favorites this year circling around the last four, I wouldn't be surprised to see this stretched just a tad bit longer.

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline Dan0

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »
Yes, blasphemy and all..lol get over it. This was hilarious! Adds new meaning to serving someone's head on a platter! We have a week hiatus - I Think - from RPDR so this is all your going to get.  Of course,if you haven't been addicted to this year, some of the subtle nuances of this recreation may not register.

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Offline mecch

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2014, 08:43:57 am »
Most of them are wearing too much!

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »
To honour Miss Del Rio's crowning, the Herndon mount the greasy pole:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/heres-a-bunch-of-hot-shirtless-navy-freshmen-climbing-a-grea

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:06:58 pm by mecch »

Offline buginme2

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 11:52:15 pm »
To honour Miss Del Rio's crowning, the Herndon mount the greasy pole:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/heres-a-bunch-of-hot-shirtless-navy-freshmen-climbing-a-grea

Oh myyyy

Did you notice there was one lesbian in the crowd....theres always one

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:21 am »
Well, the Naval Academy is 20% female and who knows the percentage of lesbians...  ;D

Offline Dan0

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »
Usually after the season ends, things (and Ru) quiet down until the next competition. A 'Drag Hiatus'. Apparently, not so this time. I've been getting laughs for days about Ru educating folks on the 'T' word and her colorful dissertation on how she's going to say WHAT she wants to say and when.....and anyone who tries to tell her otherwise can go.......well you get the picture.

I have a feeling that there will be no hiatus THIS summer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/22/rupaul-responds-tranny_n_5374897.html
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:14:15 pm by Dan0 »

06/2002 DX
10/2006 Atripla UD
04/2016 Genvoya UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.