Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:17:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blogs; not that it matters...  (Read 4547 times)

Offline krakerjm

Blogs; not that it matters...
« on: August 03, 2006, 04:25:17 pm »
I don't read them anway.  Seems a few select persons have the right to rave on and on about their mundane lives.  Good for them!  Took a few key persons from the forms that were very meaningful, but guess we don't need them or they us.  Couple other nusiance persons also, lol.
I always assumed the  Living with forum was for indepth discussion of any and everything concerning those of us LIVING WITH HIV.  Why blogs? AND then there is the "off topic" forum; if it effects my life living with this crap, whether medical, political, global warming or gas prices(etc)  it's living with!
Don't mean to offend anyone but, perhaps I need to find another home for support or just deal with it myself.  Guess I just got used to the "old" way of things; doesn't really matter, who really cares: except about themselves.
AND, anyone from POZ mag reading this: your mag is like all mags, ads, ads, ads(pharma companies, of course) I just trash it.
Bye yall: live long and prosper!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:33:24 pm by krakerjm »
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Blogs; not that it matters...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:52:50 pm »
Hey Jim,

You really woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, Didn't you? Actually you must have rolled right out the bed and really hurt youself !! :o

Sorry you are having a bad day, But for someone who "don't read them anway", while all the negativity, about the blogs? It's your choice you don't have to read them. And it's not like the blogs are new. They have been around for some time, going back to the old forums.  I am sure you have probably insulted or hurt the feelings of  a few people, But I can almost guarantee you that those same people wish that you have a better day tomorrow, simply because we all understand how difficult it is living with this F----ing virus !!
We're all living With HIV/ Aids, and we all have bad days, but don't you think that maybe you took it just a little too far. I have plenty of crap ass days in my life.

Either way, it's your choice to stay or leave. I think in the long run you will be back. I am sorry you are having a bad day, and hope that things get better, and wish you only the best.

Take care of yourself -- PEACE !!------Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 09:28:10 pm »
Dear Jim,

Sometimes we have better days than others.  It doesn't change anything because we all still live with HIV/AIDS.  I read a lot of your posts, can feel the pain, because I also have pneuropathy and foot drop.  I tripped on a sidewalk the other day and removed a bunch of tissue from both of my arms.  If a piece of sidewalk is a quarter of an inch higher than the previous piece, I usually land on my face.

We all have frustration, you me, another member, there is no exception.  We are stuck with a "manageable illness."  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

poznoregon

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 01:40:42 am »
I don't read all blogs myself but the ones I do read I find to be informative, an insight into a persons life in regards to their life experiences.

To me I see the person that writes them probably enjoys writing and has a great talent for it and this allows them a medium to express themselves. 

The other great thing about blogs or anything else is that nobody is forcing you to read them if you don't want too just like nobody can make you do anything unless you allow them to.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 06:39:55 am »
Except for HealngIraq I don't bother with with blogs either. A bit to self absorbed for my liking. And Zayed is now out of Iraq on his way to NYC, whereI live,  on a writing course, so I will probably drop that.
POZ mag is all over NYC, sometimes I pick it up and mostly I don't. It doesn't appeal to me . What mag isn't full of ads?

So that leaves you, what really is bothering you?

I always assumed the  Living with forum was for in depth discussion of any and everything concerning those of us LIVING WITH HIV.
Well now is your chance to bring one up that is close to you, they seem pretty much the same to me. In fact when I came on board there was alot of in house fighting from  Bush getting elected to guys asking if it is okay to cheat on his b/f because that's what gays do.

I agree with you and was frustrated because  more people would post on who is cuter over say my   post on the the BBC  report of children questionably being used in HIV experiments. C'est la vie. The ones who started those post and fights never stick around.
If you need a breather  get one, if you want a discussion start one, Holding things in  is just not good . I too got fed up in November , before  what you thought  was when the change came. I just took a break .

One of the things I have been noticing with  people on meds - this might be a side effect- is the feeling of either helplessness, under appreciation or being wronged some how, coupled with frustration. It is slight yet over consuming  and in this society even people who aren't on meds  are taught to ignore it.
We tend to mask it with other complaints. It is hard to verbalize. Society forgots the depressing rituals we go through everyday to stay alive. We, ourselves as a coping mechanism just accept it. On top of a media and gov't machine that looks down  at us as second class citizens. It really can be frustrating.

I doubt this will make you feel better but only you can find the answer that.

Sorry if it is blunt -
Cheers
Johnny
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 08:05:04 am by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:27:51 am »
Jim,I'm sorry you feel this way. I for one enjoy reading the blogs when I can. Reading the blogs require time and patients for me because with my vision loss I must copy and paste the blogs into a text to speech program. I don't read every update to every blog but I wouldn't miss an update from Ron and in fact I look forward to his updates. Living with PML his blog has given me an outlet for continued hope. None of us are forced to read the blogs,the forums or POZ to be members here or to be part of the wonderful family we have here. I'm not sure what happened to start this thread but I hope in time and with healing you will once again consider AIDSMEDS.com home where you can find support no matter how you are feeling.  Read what interests you and skip over everything else. Share your ups and downs because you'll never know how your story may affect another reader.

"It's In Everyone Of Us"

Jeff

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 09:46:35 am »
Jim,

I don't read the blogs here, save for two of them. I won't name which two I read because I think that there is something classy in cultivating an air of mystery. ;)

I hope you don't leave us, I like your style.

MtD
(Who has his own blog in Another Place and reads it constantly.)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 01:16:48 pm »
Hope you decide to stay

who really cares: except about themselves.

Based on the connections I've made through this site I will quickly disagree with this and I hope you can see my logic. As friends we support each other because friendship and caring and sharing and teaching add to our lives. It makes this whole HIV experience a lot easier. If there are members here you deem 'empty calories' i.e. unhelpful to your life, then press ignore to declutter your screen. Off topic is for relaxation and laughter but yes you're right - Some posts are posted there which really ought to be in Living with.

Again, I hope you reconnect with the feelings of value you once placed on the site and decide to stay [or come back if you take a break]

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 02:20:12 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:34:41 pm »
I have yet to read any of the blogs on here.  I have read Matty's blog however, and I am now in extensive therapy to get past it.

Come back tomorrow Jimbo!  (At the risk of sounding like my rainbow waving bretheren) SING IT FOR ME MATTY... you red headed step child!!!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.