Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lady Gaga is releasing a new album...  (Read 7857 times)

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
Lady Gaga is releasing a new album...
« on: November 30, 2010, 12:03:36 am »
09/01/2009-neg
mid april, 2010, "flu like illness".
06/01/2010-weakly reactive ELISA, indeterminant WB
06/06/2010-reactive ELISA, confirmed positive.

DATE       CD4     %     VL
07/15/10  423     33    88k
08/28/10  489     19    189k
09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA
09/15/10  420     38    1400
11/21/10  517     25    51

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Lady Gaga is releasing a new album...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:10 am »
Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvv6bnWECqs

Yikes.  Hopefully it won't be out for a little while.  I'm kinda over her and the antics.  Gimme Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj and I'll be fine as far as pop stuff is concerned.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:20:41 am »
Really?  Gaga is the Marilyn Manson of the 21st century.  The joke is on the people who take her seriously, and the talent is in pulling it over on them.  The songs are catchy and good, but probably won't go down as brilliant.  The fashion is hilariously bad.  The message...that we'll buy anything if there's enough hype, that fashion has no sense, that pop stars are entirely too serious...is so topical in the era of Kate Perry that it actually winds up being meaningful.  Gaga transcends the whole pop thing that we're all over by lampooning it.  Watching Gaga strain to relate her meat dress to Don't Ask Don't Tell was absolutely priceless.  Seeing her say it to vegetarian Ellen Degeneres' face was an act which Sasha Baron Cohen has to wish he'd thought of first.

...unless she's serious.  Then the whole thing is just horrifying.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:31:22 am by wtfimpoz »
09/01/2009-neg

09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:30:28 am »
...unless she's serious.  Then the whole thing is just horrifying.

I'm afraid she actually thinks that she is serious (and that she is taken seriously by those whom she's either criticizing or supposedly representing).  Manson on the other hand had some real moments of ironic genius (and some seriously dumb ones as well, but I  forgive him for those).
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:48 am »
I love Gaga, but I appreciate her for what she is.  This song is really bad.  Maybe it'll grow on me, but upon first listen this was just bad.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:59:10 am »
1) I do not believe this is an official gaga song.
2) it seems to be a mix of madonna, britney, and christina, and its a big fat mess.  If it is gaga, she can do better. If its some queeny dj's mix of his favorite divas - ditto.

Please retire the vocoder.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:58 pm »
1) I do not believe this is an official gaga song.

I suspect... I pray... you are correct. :P

Offline wtfimpoz

• Let's make biscuits!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 02:35:26 pm »
I'm afraid she actually thinks that she is serious (and that she is taken seriously by those whom she's either criticizing or supposedly representing).  Manson on the other hand had some real moments of ironic genius (and some seriously dumb ones as well, but I  forgive him for those).

My partner's first reaction upon seeing her interview was "IS SHE FOR REAL?".  I think that like the best performance artists, her talent lies in the fact that she convinces those who appreciate her AND those who appreciate her irony.  Whether she is or isn't...we'll probably never really know.  Regarding manson, mechanical animals was actually a work of legitimate talent.  Too bad about everything else though, especially the post-columbine pontifications on free speech. 
09/01/2009-neg

09/06/10-Started ATRIPLA

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 06:26:46 pm »
Is this the same Lady Gaga CD that contains a truckload of stolen Pentagon data?  :P

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:16 pm »
The wumpy LOVES the Gaga

-Will

PS, and George Strait
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:45 pm »
God has she changed.
Rod, you are an sick sick sick man and should have NSFW'ed that link.  ;) :D

you would have thought by now I would have learned from clicking on the links that other people have posted, to not click unknown links like that, but no, I was foolish and now my eyes are burning  :Dand I'm temporarily blind (thank god I can touch type ;) )

the Gaga song is actually some clip of a song she sang part of (and which will eventually be on the new disc) that people are mixing to hell and back for something to do till the real thing comes out in Feb 2011. Hopefully it won't sound anything like the crap in that utube vid, especially since sir elton is screaming that "born this way" will be THE gay anthem (right. like anything will replace I am what I am. LOL ;D)

maryiln manson? are you kidding? :o :D listen to "mechanical animals". there's no way, even with the cool clothing, that she's in the same league as manson. (and that's if you wanna compare pop/dance to industrial/rock)

But I do agree that Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj are the deal right now (on the male side try Kid Cudi or Cee Lo Green). Sadly Rihanna's only good (new) song (though S&M is cute) is the double dueting with Eminem.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:52 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »

you would have thought by now I would have learned from clicking on the links that other people have posted, to not click unknown links like that, but no, I was foolish and now my eyes are burning  :Dand I'm temporarily blind (thank god I can touch type ;) )

the Gaga song is actually some clip of a song she sang part of (and which will eventually be on the new disc) that people are mixing to hell and back for something to do till the real thing comes out in Feb 2011. Hopefully it won't sound anything like the crap in that utube vid, especially since sir elton is screaming that "born this way" will be THE gay anthem (right. like anything will replace I am what I am. LOL ;D)

maryiln manson? are you kidding? :o :D listen to "mechanical animals". there's no way, even with the cool clothing, that she's in the same league as manson. (and that's if you wanna compare pop/dance to industrial/rock)

But I do agree that Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj are the deal right now (on the male side try Kid Cudi or Cee Lo Green). Sadly Rihanna's only good (new) song (though S&M is cute) is the double dueting with Eminem.
Would you call that video S&M? We know there wasn't any bondage involved. ;)

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! I'm not gaga over Gaga and never would have clicked that link had you not called it out! I'm afraid to go to sleep now for fear of the nightmares that lie in store, you bastage!  ;)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 10:45:10 pm »
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! I'm not gaga over Gaga and never would have clicked that link had you not called it out!
hey! I claimed it should have been NSFW, and that always means the faint of heart shouldn't click. ;)
have you learned the lesson now? I think I have LOL

yes Rod you are a sadist  :-* and leatherman likes that about you ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »
hey! I claimed it should have been NSFW, and that always means the faint of heart shouldn't click. ;)
have you learned the lesson now? I think I have LOL

yes Rod you are a sadist  :-* and leatherman likes that about you ;)

LOL and emoticons, I've got....NSFW I had not

- Dr Seuss

;)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 11:21:43 pm »
I do agree that Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj are the deal right now (on the male side try Kid Cudi or Cee Lo Green). Sadly Rihanna's only good (new) song (though S&M is cute) is the double dueting with Eminem.

I am like fuckin' in love with Nicki Minaj at the moment (her song with Keyshia Cole is da schtuff --and she has two songs with Rihanna that actually give some pop credibility to the pop princess from Barbados).  In my opinion Minaj does with fashion what Gaga has not been able to attain. 

Perry's new album is actually very cute and well produced (I never cared much for her first record, but this one is full of catchy choons, especially that "Teenage Dream" single and the very bitter "Circle the Drain").

As far as males go I am really enjoying Brandon Flowers' solo record, and I must (perhaps shamefully) admit that I find Mike Posner to be rather enjoyable.  And of course there's the new Kanye (hate him all you want, it is actually good).

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:39:18 pm »
I think I'm very scared. We are actually agreeing on a lot of this. LOL

(I never cared much for her first record, but this one is full of catchy choons, especially that "Teenage Dream" single and the very bitter "Circle the Drain").
first disc - ick. well except for hot-n-cold, and that was only for the peppy-flavor
did you see Teenage Dream on Glee? mmmm hot teenage boys. :P
Circle the Drain - awesome! it surely makes up for the Peacock song. puhleeze.  ::)

And of course there's the new Kanye (hate him all you want, it is actually good).
yes, kayne is in rotation with cee lo and cudi

if you're listening to cheryl cole (gone solo from girls aloud) then I'll be really scared. LOL ;D Nothing on that disc is as good as "3 little words" but it's all better than the "3 little words" disc

let's see, since I've dragged this thread off from Gaga, I should also mentioned I got the new B.E.Peas and I'm still waiting on Blondie. "Panic of Girls" is supposed to drop in Dec/Jan. And my brother just gave me the new My Chemical Romance (something something Killjoys) but I just don't know that I can listen to that one yet. LOL

and now I return you from the late Fall music thread to the new Gaga album thread. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:53:23 pm »
I think I'm very scared. We are actually agreeing on a lot of this. LOL
first disc - ick. well except for hot-n-cold, and that was only for the peppy-flavor
did you see Teenage Dream on Glee? mmmm hot teenage boys. :P
Circle the Drain - awesome! it surely makes up for the Peacock song. puhleeze.  ::)
yes, kayne is in rotation with cee lo and cudi

if you're listening to cheryl cole (gone solo from girls aloud) then I'll be really scared. LOL ;D Nothing on that disc is as good as "3 little words" but it's all better than the "3 little words" disc

let's see, since I've dragged this thread off from Gaga, I should also mentioned I got the new B.E.Peas and I'm still waiting on Blondie. "Panic of Girls" is supposed to drop in Dec/Jan. And my brother just gave me the new My Chemical Romance (something something Killjoys) but I just don't know that I can listen to that one yet. LOL

and now I return you from the late Fall music thread to the new Gaga album thread. :D

Forget Gaga... A Fall music thread is actually more interesting...

Yes, the Glee cover of TD was surprisingly good (I don't care for the show, but their version of Katy's single and of Cee-Lo's "Fuck You" were pretty good).

Cheryl Cole, so totally yes... "Promise This" is in my Fall playlist... ugh... I can't believe I'm agreeing with you...   Girls Aloud should have been promoted in the States; talk about good pop shit.  And don't get me started on Sugababes (before Mutya left)... our girl groups, with the exception Destiny's Child perhaps, are often times so lame.

That new My Chemical Romance is getting some serious play in Europe.  I just got back from Barcelona and it was on the radio and on MTV every 10 minutes, I'm not exaggerating (that, and Shakira's "Loca" with Dizzee Rascal).  I wonder if it will get a decent push over here (hopefully, since Neon Trees has been surprisingly successful).

Lastly, there's Pink's "Raise Your Glass."  Effin anthem  ;D

And just let me say that I hate that song "Like a G6"... such rubbish.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 12:01:28 am »
it's a small world Rev. LOL
Cheryl Cole, so totally yes... "Promise This" is in my Fall playlist... ugh... I can't believe I'm agreeing with you...   Girls Aloud should have been promoted in the States; talk about good pop shit. 

And just let me say that I hate that song "Like a G6"... such rubbish.
yes and yes
Girls Aloud  :-* (esp the "tangled up" disc)
Far East Movement - bleech!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:13 am »
Lady Whowho?

Never mind, tt:dr.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline next2u

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:56 am »
Lady Whowho?

Never mind, tt:dr.

what the hell is ttdr?

and hello ms ann
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 01:14:33 am »
what the hell is ttdr?

and hello ms ann

It's tl:dr's cousin - too tedious : didn't read.

And hello Ms D. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:57 am »
Lady Whowho?
oh, I think we quit talking about her a while ago and Rev Moon and I (whodathunkit? :D ) turned this into the Fall Music thread ;D

I'm listening to My Chemical Romance now, and pleasantly surprised to find that all their protestations about not being an Emo band have finally panned out, coz they're rocking some tunes without so much gloom and doom. well, singing "everybody dies" over and over at the end of "Scarecrow" is making me want to put on the black eyeliner and slit my wrists  ::) so maybe they are still a bit Emo  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline elf

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 03:45:27 am »
I like Kesha better cus she's off the wall.  ;D

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:10 am »
Let's assume this forum is a REALLY safe place where I can make a complete moron of myself--and not get bashed about TOO hard for doing so...

But...

What is a Lady Gaga???

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 10:55:07 am »
What is a Lady Gaga???
even though google is honoring Rosa Parks and not sporting a red ribbon today (boo and hiss to google),
always remember that google and wikipedia are your friends

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga
"Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American pop singer"

google images of Lady Gaga
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:34 am »
To catch my attention you must be able to play the guitar like Carlos Santana or Steve Ray Vaughn .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 12:46:28 pm »
even though google is honoring Rosa Parks and not sporting a red ribbon today (boo and hiss to google),
always remember that google and wikipedia are your friends

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga
"Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American pop singer"

google images of Lady Gaga

Thanks!  I do sometimes use the 'interwebs'  :D  And do realize that when it comes to pop culture--I'm a TOTAL ludite.  I've heard people talk about Lady Gaga--but I've never seen her or heard her music.  Thanks for not making me feel like a total moron :-)  Now when I hear people mention her, I can nod and smile and at least pretend I know something  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.