Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:46:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Drug List Page  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
New Drug List Page
« on: April 12, 2007, 03:15:04 pm »
Hey gang:

After many years of having a rather boring drug list page (the first page that appears after clicking "drugs" in our navigation links), we've finally upgraded it.  Instead of just showing the drug class categories -- forcing users to pick NRTIs, PIs, etc. first before seeing a list of those drugs -- we've now listed every drug on this page for easier navigation.

I'm sure Newt will find something wrong with it (which is one of the reasons I'm posting this thread), but I think it's a huge improvement over the previous version.

Check it out here:
http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml

Peter

Offline keyite

Re: New Drug List Page
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:26:51 pm »
Definitely an improvement, thank you. What would make this list somewhat more navigable for those of us not in the US would be an inclusion of non-US brand names, where they do differ. For example, Epzicom is called Kivexa in EU countries (I know it is mentioned somewhere on the actual page for Epzicom but that really is assuming the user gets that far). Just a suggestion...

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:55 pm »
Definitely an improvement, thank you. What would make this list somewhat more navigable for those of us not in the US would be an inclusion of non-US brand names, where they do differ. For example, Epzicom is called Kivexa in EU countries (I know it is mentioned somewhere on the actual page for Epzicom but that really is assuming the user gets that far). Just a suggestion...

Good suggestion.  I've added Kivexa, Stocrin, Aluvia and Telzir.  Am I missing any?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:25:19 pm by Peter Staley »

Offline keyite

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 04:31:17 pm »
Can't think of any other brand names but I'm sure Newt or someone else will step in. From a usability point of view these additional brand names are kinda hard to find on the list. No doubt because the eye invariably is drawn to hyperlinks.

Instead of:

Epzicom (Kivexa, abacavir + lamivudine, ABC + 3TC)

I would suggest:

Epzicom / Kivexa (abacavir + lamivudine, ABC + 3TC)

And perhaps the non-US brand name appearing in the headline of the target page too? I think it would help to emphasise the international nature of this site.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:49:55 am by iana5252 »

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »
We're not going to go that far right now.  The fact is, our content as a whole is very U.S.-centric.  We use the NIH guidelines throughout our lessons, for instance.  We might someday choose to do a much more international approach, but that would be a huge undertaking, and involve editing many of our lessons. 

From the get go, we made the decision to present HIV treatment info using a standard of care that most U.S. patients would hopefully be presented with, realizing that this often won't translate to the rest of the world.  But the info would still help inform any patient as to possible options to ask about, however unrealistic those options may be in certain settings.

Peter

Offline Central79

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58:49 pm »
Lol

It seems even Peter has limits! After the long-term survivors forum; resurrection of the lipo forum; and even my suggestion of a sticky at the top of the "Research News" forum I thought there was no limit to his largesse.  ;)

Seriously though, I think the new drugs page is a marked improvement on the old one - I have already had a look.

And British readers might want to check out the British HIV Association (BHIVA) for guidelines on the treatment of HIV in the UK. British or American, they're both good standards of care.

M.
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »
Perfection  ;D (The only improvement (for future consideration perhap) is having a first link for the new and mystified (to a relevant section of the lessons) that says simply "How does anti-HIV treatment work?".  A key question.  I know there is a link to the HIV life cycle etc lower down, but tis nice to help the lost and confused reader, eh?.)

However..

..the "(what are they?)" links might be better served by arriving at pages with the explanation of the drug classes before the drugs table thereon (now there is the new, improved drug listing page).

UK people should deffo check the BHIVA website for UK guidelines but the i-Base guides are in real English (and based on BHIVA standards).

- matt

Now playing: a banana yoghurt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Peter Staley

• AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 05:51:36 pm »
Reordering the drug class pages wouldn't happen fast, since they are database driven, which means it gets added to our programmer's endless to-do list.  However, I updated the "What are they?" links so that they jump to the named anchor on those pages.

Peter

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 06:40:52 pm »
Hello Peter,

By all means, it is certainly a very nice improvement. VERY NICE !

Thanks -------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 04:35:49 am »
Excellent job, Peter! That's a great improvement! Thanks a lot!  :D
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline SASA39

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 04:42:07 am »
Peter , maybe starting a thread " Drug synonims " would help to establish all names for one drug in whole planet ?
                                      Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.