Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:03:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 365
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: new here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8845 times)

Offline shotis

new here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »
hi ladies, l have been reading your forums as a guest for the past couple of years and l have found them interesting and very informative.  In the past couple of days l took the courage to register and become one of the threads.
l have been positive for six years got it from work(nurse), while l was giving a child his injection he jump and l accidentally pricked myself. Got all the support from my manager, but what the infection has done to me is not great because l lost my partner for 8 years in 2002, he said he couldnt cope with me. Well, l wasnt surprised, l had seen it coming. Anyway, l have now moved on and doing brill, enjoying my life with my two kids and a new poz boyfriend l met on this site. We have been going out/seeing each other for the last 9 months, although the first few months were a nightmare, he used to have these mood swings that myself l couldnt cope with,but now things are great and we seem to understand each other differently. He is the the first boyfriend after my husband left,so l have met any guys or swapped numbers with many guys on the site. When this guy showed interest in meeting up with me l just jumped to the opportunity, cos am a busy person and dont like spending time on the computer. I also find some guys phony and time wasters.

Offline HealthyMomma

Re: new here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:22:47 pm »
Welcome! I am pretty new here myself. How old are your kids?

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:09:17 am »
Welcome Shotis :)  I'm only a few days old to the forum as well but I'm loving it already!!!

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:41:01 am »
Welcome Shotis. I hope you find the increasingly populated(both a sad thing and glad thing), always supportive, often playful and thankfully informative Positive Women forum a good place for you. Em

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:50:22 am »
Welcome to the jungle. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Paulette

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:38:10 am »
I like you just signed up and I'm loving it; there are alot of positive women on this site that has already made difference and giving me hope, I'm so glad that i did, and you will be too. Welcome
Paulette
poz since 11/7/2003
VL-UNDECTABLE
CD4-843
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline Lostgirl

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 10:57:21 am »
Hi there
I am new (just over a week!) here and I couldn't have found a new strength and reason to go on if it were not for the wonderful support here.  I am living in a new country so have no family here and these ladies are my new family away from home!  (The guys on the other forums are great too!). 
I wish you well and every happiness in your new relationship.
Regards
L.
Lostgirl

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37:36 pm »
Welcome to the Forums, Ladies.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 11:50:56 pm »
"Welcome ladies ,
it's always a pleasure to hear from new folks,
you will find that everyone here is really quite friendly.
Feel free to ask any question, or post what you like, some one out will relate..

Hello again,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 01:00:36 am »
Hi there, and welcome to the threads!  I hope to see you posting here a lot more, as this is a great place to share and receive info!  Join us in the Dating Threads!

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline shotis

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:13:24 am »
thankx ladies for your welcome. l will try my best to keep you updated with any information l come across.
l will be going back to university soon, that will take all my time and my son has just started his karate listens (he is sooo excited) l have to take him twice a week (time consuming but enjoyable).

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:49 pm »
Good to hear from you again shotis.  I am going to college full-time also.  I have a child, a daughter.  But she's 23 and has been on her own for quite awhile now.  Anyway, glad you're continuing your education and hope to hear updates from you!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline shotis

please help me l am confused
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 05:47:53 pm »
l met my boyfriend/partner on this site about nine months ago.... and we've been happy, although we  quarrelled a lot first few months, as we were both new to this but have passed that phase now. l have been good to this guy doing things for him and vice verse, my problem is, the guy never mentions his family to me or me to his family, its like l am a guarded secret. l have asked several times about his family,he has told me that he has a sister who lives  in the states and a brother in Canada, truth be told l have never heard him talk to his brother or sister over the phone,unlike me l am always open and talk to my relatives all the time and I've even introduced him to them.

today l asked him about our relationship, what he wants from this and when will he introduce me to his relatives, he tells me l am pushing him, then l said to him what do you mean? is it wrong for me to know your close relatives? He now thinks all l want is  marriage from him,l love him but l don't know whether to continue with relationship with no future or get out before l get hurt further. Ladies do you think he has another girl out there?
what are the signs? Has anyone met a guy,partner,boyfriend or husband from these dating sites? what have you experienced?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 08:46:08 pm »
Well, shotis:

I have never met a partner from the pozpersonals. So I can't say much about that, except that I hear complaints about it from a couple of the ladies on here.

About your boyfriend, I would just give it time.  If you continue to push about meeting his relatives, you might lose him for good.  I wouldn't say he has another girl.  I would just say he is different than you are when it comes to things like meeting the family etc.  Who knows what kind of relationship he has with them.  It might not be a good one.  Just take it easy.  Hope all else is going well for you.

Offline shotis

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 08:23:00 am »
thanks bee! looking yesterday yeah l thought maybe l was asking for too much . ltold myself l will cool down and take one step at a time.

l am well and looking forward to starting my second year at university on Thursday.

Thanks for that.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:38 am »
Shotis

You've asked for input, insight, any experience with men who act like this .

I will preface this by noting, emphatically, this is from my direct experience. This will be a run-on sentence, intentionally.

If I were to ever meet a man who did not speak about his family, individually or collectively, favorably and reasonably frequently (which indicates regular communication) nor would speak about me to them (that I could even verify, mind you), I would be very concerned about him being part of my life.

These are NOT GOOD SIGNS at all. If you want to help yourself, then get analytical. Be the university student you should be. Ask questions!! Ask questions of yourself, look at how you respond to your family and friends. Ask questions of him, but only if need be--meaning, if you can't come up with the answers yourself. Why doesn't he speak of family? Why doesn't he speak of you? Why do you think he thinks you only want marriage? A guess of yours? or is it based in his truth? 

You've had nine months of info-gathering time. Now, give yourself nine quiet minutes to be as objective as possible about this. If things were rosy and feeling good to you, you would not have posed this question to us. You know in your gut something is off. So, go with that gut feeling. Pay attention to what is bugging you. Allow your good instincts to serve you, to protect you.

I'll keep an eye out for posts of your progress.

Em
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:15:17 am by emeraldize »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.