Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 359
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Double the deaths at Columbine...  (Read 30189 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
Re: Double the deaths at Columbine...
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »
I bet you are right , she probably would have handled it differently had she known she was going to be shot during naptime and then her son was going to massacre 20 or so children .  ::) .

As a parent she probably would rather be dead than have to live with this .
I mean she will be blamed and accused.  It may come out that she was mentally unstable.  Whatever, it just "Manna from Heaven" for the media.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2012, 12:42:39 am »
It seems she may have been making moves to have Adam committed to a psychiatric facility and that's what set him off on this rampage. If that's the case, then absolutely the mother is not to blame, and doing so is repugnant.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2012, 02:08:52 am »
It seems she may have been making moves to have Adam committed to a psychiatric facility and that's what set him off on this rampage. If that's the case, then absolutely the mother is not to blame, and doing so is repugnant.

There's an update on this link, saying a friend says she was not planning to have him committed.  There is just so much conflicting info right now. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2012, 02:58:17 pm »

What mother takes her son target shooting if she knows he has mental issues severe enough to cause her to want to have him committed? = does not compute. btw, a 223 Bushmaster is not all that easy to just pick up and use and be comfortable with without prior instruction.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:05:31 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jody

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »
Still a hole in my heart hurting from this awful deed.   :(

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:17 pm »
Still a hole in my heart hurting from this awful deed.   :(

Jody
I wished it never happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline zach

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:02 am »
All of this speculation about Lanza's medical condition is just that, pure speculation. No opinion from an expert in the media who never treated Lanza counts as a reliable source. None of you know if Lanza had a diagnosed illness of any kind. Demonizing people with mental illness is no different that demonizing people with HIV/AIDS.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2012, 12:47:19 am »
What mother takes her son target shooting if she knows he has mental issues severe enough to cause her to want to have him committed? = does not compute. btw, a 223 Bushmaster is not all that easy to just pick up and use and be comfortable with without prior instruction.

The same people with a diagnosis of mental health, past suicide issues, but then think it's fine to still own a gun years later. Think of all the vets returning from war -- it's well known that many (rightfully so) have mental issues from what they have endured, but I'd bet money they still have multiple guns and go hunting, etc.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2012, 12:51:11 am »
All of this speculation about Lanza's medical condition is just that, pure speculation. No opinion from an expert in the media who never treated Lanza counts as a reliable source. None of you know if Lanza had a diagnosed illness of any kind. Demonizing people with mental illness is no different that demonizing people with HIV/AIDS.

Many people never are diagnosed. That's why there are forensic mental health professionals.

Plus he very well may have had mental health relationship(s) with a physician and it just not surfaced in the news due to client privilege, at least until the entire investigation is complete.

ps: I've seen a therapist and psychiatrist now for 12 years -- I do not stigmatize this issue.

Offline zach

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2012, 12:59:54 am »
a talking head on the news isn't quite the same as a forensic expert with access to evidence

there are those here that have expressed anger at the mother. the first victim, a women murdered in her bed while she slept. think about that for a moment.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2012, 01:06:05 am »

I don't want to demonize him.  In fact, I think it is wrong to do so, because no one in their right mind could do something like this, IMHO.  I actually feel sorry for what he was dealing with.  Many would be sickened by any sympathy for him.  I feel the same way about child molesters.  Even though I may be sickened by what they did, I think they are obviously mentally sick.  I don't think a "normal" person is interested in 5 year-olds.  We often view people who commit crimes as being of sound mind.  We view them as if they were mentally healthy and committed the crimes anyway.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2012, 11:31:12 am »
I don't want to demonize him.  In fact, I think it is wrong to do so, because no one in their right mind could do something like this, IMHO.  I actually feel sorry for what he was dealing with.  Many would be sickened by any sympathy for him.  I feel the same way about child molesters.  Even though I may be sickened by what they did, I think they are obviously mentally sick.  I don't think a "normal" person is interested in 5 year-olds.  We often view people who commit crimes as being of sound mind.  We view them as if they were mentally healthy and committed the crimes anyway.

I have no problem demonizing the rotten bastard.   I actually hope there is a hell that he lays in now, feeling every tickle of fiery brimstone as it licks his toes. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »
I have no problem demonizing the rotten bastard.   I actually hope there is a hell that he lays in now, feeling every tickle of fiery brimstone as it licks his toes.

How can you say this??  We need to be sympathetic -- afterall, he, like Hitler and Pol Pot, could not have been in their right minds.  We must demonize their mothers instead.

M

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2012, 03:17:58 pm »
I don't want to see his mother demonized either.  But, I think we can be critical and dumbfounded of choices, without demonizing someone.  Sandusky's wife was demonized.  I was critical that I thought she should have known what was happening in her own home. 

We are critical of many people.  People who leave their young child in a tub full of water and the child drowns.  A parent who leaves their child in a hot car, even though they are devastated their child is dead.  A parent who leaves a child in a running car and the kid puts it into gear and runs over people.  In this case, it appears her negligence was high-powered, military style weapons, instead of a car or tub full of water. 

I realize that all of us make bad choices and things like this could easily happen to many of us, but people have the right to question our bad choices/mistakes.  We could just choose to not question why and how.  I think more parents are careful to make sure they don't leave their kids in a hot car.  Instead of being critical to just be critical, I hope this will cause gun owners to be more responsible with their guns.  We don't know how he got access to them, but we know he did get access and knew how to use them. 

If she really was murdered in bed, this would seem to indicate they were not secured.  I'm sorry, but I have to question why.  Why no gun safe with a combination lock?  Why not keep them in a gun locker at her shooting range.  I've heard friends with guns say many shooting ranges have these.  I have no idea whether this is true or available at most places.  She wouldn't need ready access to a military style rifle during a home invasion.  To answer a previous question, this is why I and others would like to know and why it is our business. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.