Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:35:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37672
  • Latest: Stupy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773436
  • Total Topics: 66364
  • Online Today: 322
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 252
Total: 252

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: **Forum update - Members "avatars" **  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
**Forum update - Members "avatars" **
« on: February 11, 2017, 03:57:10 pm »
Hi All

POZ.com have been updating the forums recently to be more secure, one move was to change protocol from HTTP to HTTPS.

One of the changes from this means it may impact forum members with avatars referencing non-secure links (e.g. HTTP instead of HTTPS). POZ.com had to make some further changes to the site to allow the personal avatar references to be HTTPS and that is now in place. So please check that your personal avatar is indeed a HTTPS link and if not or you are having problems seeing your avatar  than you will also need to set it up again using a HTTPS link.

To help people who do not know how to get a HTTPS link for a profile photo I have worked out the steps below as example. If you do get stuck please let me know I can give you a hand.

This example uses: https://postimage.io/
(Recommend you do "sign up" for best results and picture management)

1) On the main page you will see a box with the text "Do not resize my image" this is a drop-down list, from that list select "100X75 (Avatar)"

2) No expiration (Leave as is or select whatever shorter timeframe best suits you)

3) Next select "choose image", this opens a window so you can select the image from your computer.

4) Once you have located and selected the image it will be uploaded

5) In the next window you will be shown a preview and a number of link options.

6) Copy the "direct link" address. This should look a bit like this: "https://s24.postimg.org/mh5jsy1jp/Bean.jpg"

Back on the forum

1) Click on "Profile"

2) Click on "Forum Profile Information" under "Modify Profile" in the left-side menu box.

3) Select "Specify avatar by URL" and enter the HTTPS direct URL in the field provided

4) Select "Change profile at the bottom of the page to save the change.

Ill add for the non-technical readers that in short HTTP is the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and a website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted adding an additional security layer.

Jim
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:07:18 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: **Forum update - Members "avatars" **
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 06:18:19 pm »
Hi Jim,...

I just want to add,  that any photo's that may have been posted to the site through Photo-bucket , are no longer able to be viewed as well.

As far as I can tell,  Photo-bucket, does not use  an HTTPS for their photo urls. Perhaps sometime in the future they will

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 06:55:58 pm »
Moderators,

Thank you for your work.   Always.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 07:21:51 pm »
Hi Jim,...

I just want to add,  that any photo's that may have been posted to the site through Photo-bucket , are no longer able to be viewed as well.

As far as I can tell,  Photo-bucket, does not use  an HTTPS for their photo urls. Perhaps sometime in the future they will

Ray

CORRECTION

Pictures from photo bucket are being blocked by Firefox version: 51.0.1.  They can still be viewed through internet explorer.  I haven't tried EDGE browser.

I should have checked first with another browser, as a result, I deleted a lot of pictures from Photobucket, that I had posted here.  Oh Well !!  ::)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 07:54:20 pm »
Hi Ray,

Well spotted and called out, so yeah correct some browsers will not display any unsure content over a secured connection, others are more selective for the moment however not sure how long that will last.

No need to bin/remove the content from photobucket however if your sharing here HTTPS links for photo's will show "correctly" (pinch of salt moment) for all. vs. http will not. 

https://postimage.io/ does do HTTPS I am sure over the next few days we an find a few more hosting sites that do offer HTTPS support.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.