Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:21:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bob Beck Proto...comments about it?  (Read 10641 times)

Offline steve69

Bob Beck Proto...comments about it?
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:20 pm »
I just learned about Bob Beck who was a highly recognized scienceist who claims to have found the cure to aids and many other things. 

Of course my first reaction was "Yea right we got another crazy running the streets".  But after watching one of his videos and reading just a few of the hundreds of stories found on the web about this guy.  I am actually wondering whether this thing works...  and has anyone out there used his methods.  ??? 

The link to his video is below...  and if you goggle his name alone will give you pages of articles on this guy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-234247273689402090

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
Re: Bob Beck Proto...comments about it?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:18:27 pm »
If Bob Beck really wants people to believe him....he should go and get himself infected with the HIV virus and document everything from going to a major HIV clinic and testing positive to using this blood electrifier and getting a negative result afterwards....then maybe I'd believe it. Otherwise, it's all talk and no show.

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline robvaz123

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 09:43:34 am »
Don't you love usernames that log onto this forum, "promote" some information about a cure with their very first post? 

I mean it took me 2 years before I even joined this site.  Before that I was constantly reading what everyone was posting. 

I'm still not participating like I should, but I have yet to log onto this forum and say, "Lucky Charms...at first I was skeptical, but after reading 100 claims that blue moons, yellow stars, green cloves, and purple diamonds have cured 100 people, I'm starting to become a believer!"  Give me a break!

The first thing I do when I see a post like this is look at how many times the individual has posted.  If I see someone posting a cure claim on his/her very first post, it's most likely BS.

Offline steve69

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 03:56:45 pm »
WOW! That was quite a performance, robvaz123. 
What's even more impressive is how it took you 2 years before posting your first topic. After all, there is of course, so much to think about with it being your first time, and all. 
What if they don't like me?  Will they think that I am 'promoting' something?  What if, not even one person responds to my post?  .....................I would just die! .....    Die, I tell you!.....

But look at you now!  Your wisdom and experience level can truly be seen in your 11 posts to date.  I don't think I could ever compete with that....even with my Lucky Charms.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:58:29 pm by steve69 »

Offline lostboy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:27:41 pm »
Steve69,

What is your problem?  You come here and post some nonsensical quackery.  Then sarcastically lambaste a forum member.  These boards are to offer support and that kind of post has no place here.

P.S. If you believe in the Bob Beck cure then I have some leaches to sell you.
"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline NYCguy

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:39:22 pm »
I was just wondering...if I get one of those electro muscle stiumlators, does that mean I can exercise my abs and cure my hiv at the same time?  talk about killing two birds with one stone!
11/9/06 = #$%^&!
sometime early Dec 2006:
CD4 530 20%/VL >250,000 (&*$$%!!)
started Reyataz300mg/Norvir/Truvada 12-27-06.
1/30/07 CD4 540 30%/VL <400
4/07 CD4 600+ 33%/VL <50
6/9/07 CD4 720 37%/VL <50
10/15/07 CD4 891 (!) %? VL <50
1/2010 CD4 599 (37%) VL<50 (drop due to acute HCV)
9/2010 - looks like HCV is gone for good! And I'm finally drinking again, thank GOD
2013 - considering a switch to Stribild. but I love my Kidneys (but I hate farting all the time!)...
June 2013 - switched to Stribild.  so far so good...

Offline Jake72

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:50:25 pm »
I was just wondering...if I get one of those electro muscle stiumlators, does that mean I can exercise my abs and cure my hiv at the same time?  talk about killing two birds with one stone!

lol it'd be every marketing agency's dream product, to say the least...

Offline mark86

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 06:10:29 pm »
Hi all,
Just been watching the video on the link..only got to 24 mins then was too tired.. but he did say a few things that caught my attention..

1) AIDS patients on meds who then stop meds die very quickly i.e in days.. is this really true ?
2) one of his testimonials showed a man with a PCR (?) of about 500000 dropping to 100 in a 2 months. Sounds good but then he said 'and so he is cured' Don't think that is cured , only managed to almost undetectable

Would love to believe it works, wouldn't surprise me if it did do something good for HIV+. Me not infected, girlfriend is that why i would really want this to work

Cheers,
Mark86 (UK)

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 06:18:19 pm »
Hey Steve69,

I like your style... if something out there might work then why not find some more information on it.  Hey Lostboy... whats your problem? Steve was just defending his comments.  Get a life.
Infected 01/02/07
03/07: VL<3800 CD4s 506 (Started Atripla)
04/07: VL<500 CD4s 585
05/07: VL<500 CD4s 606
07/07: VL<50 CD4s 1000

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 06:45:24 pm »

1) AIDS patients on meds who then stop meds die very quickly i.e in days.. is this really true ?
2) one of his testimonials showed a man with a PCR (?) of about 500000 dropping to 100 in a 2 months. Sounds good but then he said 'and so he is cured' Don't think that is cured , only managed to almost undetectable

#1 is totally not true.  There are people who take breaks from their medication for months at a time.  You are correct on #2 as well, getting to an undetectable level is not a cure.  That is kinda misleading.  Personally, I would love for this method to work, but I doubt it.  If anyone can prove otherwise, please do so....

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline lostboy

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »
Hey Lostboy... whats your problem? Steve was just defending his comments.  Get a life.

My problem, is with folks who pop up, don't introduce themselves, promote ludicrous "cure" and then clear off, probably never to be heard from again. 

And yes ... er ... I'll have to get a life  - thanks for the advice  ???.
"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline sunzidog

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 12:03:34 am »
You're welcome  ;)
Infected 01/02/07
03/07: VL<3800 CD4s 506 (Started Atripla)
04/07: VL<500 CD4s 585
05/07: VL<500 CD4s 606
07/07: VL<50 CD4s 1000

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:19:00 am »
sorry, electrification of HIV in a petri dish does not translate to a "cure" for HIV.

This assertion made in the first 2 minutes of the video nearly immediately discredits the overall claim that electrifying the blood can disable all parasites and infectious agents, which, buy the way, was more misinformation as Bacteria, Parasites and Virus's all behave and replicate differently. Another immediate error made in the video.

So if the statements are wrong, what else can we conclude?

risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline akcol

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 10:10:48 am »
While aggressively seeking healing opportunities for my beloved HIV+ HCV+ asthma challenged severe Hemophiliac fiance I gathered many outside the mainstream acceptable therapiaes. Some a crock. Some quite important. Rife is one. Sean's HCV leve;s dropped 75% by process of a liver flush in combination with the Rife program for HIV.
But that's beenour direct experience. To get your own opinion and answers, get educated by reading and seeing what folks are accomplishing with this alternative healing source:
 Rifeforum@yahoogroups.com
electroherbalism@yahoogroups.com
Rife@yahoogroups.com
Knowledge is power and healing. Ignorance is ignorant.

I am familiar with Bob Beck's mode of healing: the idea that the mortal oscillation rate of all dangerous viruses, bacteria, parasites and any other toxins hosting  in your body can be removed via single or sweepable groups of single frequencies pulsed through the body via a generator and conductor began more in earnest by DR. Royal Rife, via a cancer experiment.
when the AMA could not get Rife to buy into big business medicine with his therapy, or sell them the patent for their use or for destrcution of it, the AMA systematically discredited Dr. Rife until the man died alone (members of his family were killed, doctors who had seen the Rife machines at work killed, and the man himself died penniless and broken.
If the machine/therapy had no value, why spend 80 years suppressing this technology that has only recently, by the work of some pioneers intent on Rife wellness and choice been offered as an option over Big Pharmacuetical via online plans to build your own?
 Big Pharmaceutical Big medicine.
We've become the generation so inundated with media multitasked fear based fluff, that we now seek first to be offended at the invitation of wellness or new information outside our western thinking. We shoot the messenger before he has a chance to show us his perhaps incredible healing aid because we only like it packaged in that one certain way. Fear should never be our deciding vote in this community ...a warrior group seeking to transform alot more than a virus in a body. There's no room for anything other than greatness that matches the energy of where we've all been with this that transcends it, heals it and us to our now.

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 01:13:15 pm »
Good for you. Go get Hooked up and enjoy!

Bob Beck's presentation is full of errors. That is not supression! It is not a Conspiracy! it simply is wrong!

Ignorance is one thing, Mistakes and Lies are another. So I'm going to believe some "guy" on a shaky video feed, waiving papers around and talking about parasites and bacteria like they are viruses, that this is a cure of everything invasive to the body? Am I to believe that someone is claiming In Vitro or Petrie dish result is a "cure" for aids? There are lots of things that can kill stuff in a petri dish, doesn't mean it is a cure. This is incredibly basic.

So who is being naive?
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline akcol

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 05:53:37 am »
just a followup - while I'm familiar with Beck's therapy, my/our choice, from much research and contact with many others who have used Rife - is Rife. 
Beck's protocol is a small fraction of, and quite different from Rif'ing. Not comparable.
I've not seen the Beck video everyone is referencing here. Based on my research into Beck's protocol, I could see no reason to spend time or energy on it - let alone money in terms of it being the main source of treatment. But hey, I'll bet there are HIV'ers who've seen benefits using Beck's protocol. Just haven't met of heard of any in my searching.
I would encourage anyone who's looking for adjunct therapies to look into Rife. Reiki  as well: a passive, non invasive, but also quite a helpful energy medicine. great for relaxation, reducing blood pressure, feeling a little more balanced...
no one can or should offer a cure all for this virus or any other. we're all clear this is not a 'one size fits all' life or challenge.
the thought of advancing any therapy as a cure all makes me as disgusted as everyone else who posted. i can only hope the poster's intent was hope, action and choice versus  profit or ignorance.
best health all, and thanks for this forum, connection to community,
akcol
ps -sorry for all my typos in an earlier post.  i should never post after taking an ambien....i get all fiesty and forget how to spell ...hard to make a sound point at that point.

Offline David Evans

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 04:32:38 pm »
Specifically, the problem with Bob Beck's product is pretty tremendous---as would be any claims of a cure that talks about doing something to the virus that circulates freely outside of cells in the blood and tissue. HIV is a retrovirus. It's so small that it doesn't carry enough genetic material to even reproduce on its own. Instead it has to hijack the DNA of our cells, specifically immune cells called CD4 cells. At any given time, a significant amount of functional viral material is actually embedded within the DNA of our cells, and not swimming around in the blood stream or the lymph nodes. This means that if you want to clear the body of HIV, you'll have to clear out every single infected cell too. But how do you do that without wiping out the entire immune system? Even if it were possible to safely kill every single viral particle floating around in the blood, how would you get rid of the embedded viral DNA inside millions of immune cells -- of which very little is needed to reseed the body all over again with new virus?

Science isn't perfect and some of the brightest of ideas can sometimes appear out of left field. Because of this, I always try to keep an open mind. That said, it's a good idea to thoroughly investigate claims of a cure for any kind of disease, and to maintain at least a bit of healthy skepticism. Some healthy hints for investigating health claims include asking to see the results of controlled studies that have been vouched for by other experts in the field, typically by publication in a peer-reviewed journal or by inclusion at a scientifically valid conference.

A lot of people (both true believers and scammers) try to confuse the issue by claiming that their idea is supported by such scientifically valid papers, i.e. so-and-so's paper in The New England Journal of Medicine clams that biscuits with butter and jam cause your blood pressure to go down. Therefore, eating a LOT of biscuits with butter and jam MUST protect against heart attacks. And if you want to really cure your heart disease, you'll eat MY biscuits with butter and jam, because 17 noted doctors claim that mine are the purest. But did you actually design and conduct a rigorous study with two groups of identical people and have one group eat three helpings of your biscuits, butter & jam each morning and the other eat a bowl of oatmeal, and then closely follow them for ten years to look for the number of new heart attacks? Did you submit the data from your study to a reputable scientific journal or conference? Was it accepted and published?

If you view the video or look him up through google, you'll find that Bob Beck has no scientifically validated, well controlled studies in humans to support his theory or his product. With Rife'ing - you'll find that the woman behind it is actually in a lot of legal trouble for a similar product, because she defrauded a woman with cancer and possibly led to her death.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.