Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:14:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 451
Total: 453

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LTS and decorating  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
LTS and decorating
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:24:05 am »
On Saturday, friends C & J bought there car and took me to buy paint and related stuff for me to start painting my flat.

This is  (hopefully) the culmination off project -----decorate flat it looks like a dead junkies-----  begun 3 years ago, yes 3 years ago and that's why I have posted this in LTS.   

At this moment it sums up my life with aids, every thing apart from falling asleep takes much much longer and you have to be bloody persistant to get anywhere.

So Today I will mix up filler and attempt to make the kitchen look like its not falling off the end off the house.
Hopefully by the time I go to Orkney in October progress will be made.

Wish me luck
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline bear60

Re: LTS and decorating
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:17:34 am »
Wishing you luck.  I know that having a "well appointed" flat will make you feel better.
I began a program of improvements to my house a few years ago and have finally repainted the whole thing.  I also bought 400 thread count all cotton sheets and every night as I go to sleep, I say to myself.."I love my sheets. "  They make me purr like a kitten.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:26 am »

Everyone has there own idea of what they think a Man Cave should be , for Bob & I it's just that a Man Cave, nothing fancy or frilly for us, functional YES, very much so  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 11:26:36 am »
If you want to see messy come visit my apartment -- there are four places where I began to repair the plaster two years ago and never finished. It's definitely a junkie apartment, albeit with iittala dish ware and Eames furniture.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Since2005

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:44:52 am »
Hey Theyer,

I just wanted say you are such a kind-hearted person! Yes I mean it! I know lots of us here are, sure. I noticed your thread, you are so good welcoming newcomers, very good at empathy, and I just wanted to say that to you. Thanks for being nice to others and making this forum a nice place to be.

Sending you a bunch of positive energy on your way, you will finish up your project soon  :)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:03:24 am »
Hey Theyer,

I have been working on my house since 2001. It still isn't finished.

I am also a sucker for kitsch. I have my eye out for a lamp made from a cholla cactus skeleton. They used to be dime a dozen, now you can't find them.

Hope your decorating adventure brings you much happiness.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:54 am »
Theyer, good luck with the painting.  I have often thought about painting my bathroom, but can just picture it turning into a disaster. 

I'm sure you'll feel better once it's done.  But it is a task, I know.  Good luck sweetie!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Theyer

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:50:18 am »
Oh how I doth ache.

Thank you so much for the encouragements , they have helped in a very concrete way as I really wanted to Post some progress, yes I am that shallow must have others recognition , or as my beloved brother would no doubt say   "its a flat not a picture thing"  the joy off absence off art sensibility. Though I think he really does like a painting I did for him .

So holes and cracks have been filled , furniture moved , friend M helped with the large bed  2TV ,s that the council are taking , space has been opened up . So now washing with Sugar soap .
There will be a break as I am visiting Mama with sister tomorrow , she has managed her move into the care home with great dignity but the number off days that she is free off illness from the cancers are few. She will be 90 in Dec and is determined to reach that .

Again many many thanks, Its 1.45 pm I have sausages cooking for my dinner.

love
Theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline brockhare

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:43:10 pm »
Wish I were close by to help... Without taking my meds. I'm running a little manic.   I've been an Interior Designer/Decorative Painter for about 30 years.  I know how important a visually pleasing space is to your well being.  It will also make you even more organized.  Before you know it, you'll find yourself becoming obsessed with projects.  Maybe the thought of new ones will give you greater energy.  Good luck. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »
The decorating has morphed into complete change  of kitchin , very ambitious proably take 3 years min. Definitely unable to contemplate this sort off project for the last 3 years ,so from that point alone I am pleased. Time to get busy friends and family , and I have to grovel, small price

Offline bear60

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:48:24 pm »
I'm glad to see you are doing well with the reno job.  Starting a kitchen reno is a huge job.  Thats why I have left mine till last....and now I dont have the energy or $$$.  So maybe I should have started with the kitchen. Oh well.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 06:02:55 am »
This dear bear is the simplest off re furnishing , trust me ,my plans are based on me painting friends and family ripping up flooring and moving anything over 20 kilos .

I will however make pots off tea and buy cake and alcohol

theyer

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 09:07:20 am »
progress reports must be documented visually
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 10:05:16 am »
We do need photos in this thread Theyer . As an American I need to see what kind of cake is used to get people to show up for work . I use really good pizza as bait when I need help .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 10:31:22 am »
I use really good pizza as bait when I need help .   

Yeah, a Good Pizza, a 12 pack of Bud-Light, and wave some twenty Dollars Bills @ some Strong Young man always works wonders for me, if I need something Heavy-moved, my Hubby has a bad-back & is a Heart Patient, so he cannot help me move anything heavy, with that combination I always get the help I need  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline bear60

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:20 pm »
He could at least tell us what colours he is using and what kind of floor he is putting in.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »
Bugger

But first I have to buy a new battery and charger for camera

Basically all walls are always white

Have small collection off mid-centuary modern---Wegner/ R&C Eames / Ercol / Dansk

No frills ever/ too much mess always /

theyer who did sod all today
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:56:22 pm by Theyer »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:59 pm »
As an American I need to see what kind of cake is used to get people to show up for work .   

Hash

Then any ole crap

Fortunately where I live there are lots off yum yum cafes

For those who insist on cake cake I can serve lemon drizzle / fruit&nut / Elselfeckin / for sisters, carrot .

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »
Hash

Then any ole crap

Fortunately where I live there are lots off yum yum cafes

For those who insist on cake cake I can serve lemon drizzle / fruit&nut / Elselfeckin / for sisters, carrot .

LOL ... thats they way to do it ! ... I might even fly over for that kind of cake  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Theyer

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »
And you would be most welcome.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.