Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 364
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Clarification only  (Read 23588 times)

Offline Asianboy

Clarification only
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:32:31 pm »
am sorry but would just like to clarify risks with Cunnilingus.  Morgan said there was a risk with Cunnilingus. The risk exists if there is menstrual blood. So if she isn't having her period cunnilingus carries no risk ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: cunnilingus Risks
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 06:43:15 pm »
Asianboy,

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection. There is a theoretical risk when menstrual blood is present.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Asianboy

Re: cunnilingus Risks
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:07:47 am »
Thank you ANN . i read the posts every now and then to learn . was just a bit confused . 

Offline Asianboy

Clarification only
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 03:08:57 am »
Just a question . I have been using the forum to learn on STDs and especially HIV. Everyone says  "just keep using latex condoms and you' ll be fine from HIV infection "  However once in a while i see the moderators saying there is a slight risk with oral sex and i take it to understand that it is from giving oral and not receiving .

Am just a bit confused. So if i may just clarify please and this is with regard to contracting HIV :

1. Going down on a girl is no risk
 2. Receiving (BJ) is no risk
 3. Giving a BJ is with risk . This is confuses me but it really does not matter to me since am a straight male. Am just curious  because i read  advises such as just use  condoms for anal and vagianl sex and you 'll be fine . 

I normally go down on a girl and receive Blowjobs. I also always use condoms for vaginal sex as the moderators here have advised .
  So is this the right thing to do  to ensure i absolutely avoid HIV infection ? 

i hope this question does not offend any of the moderators  but do all the  moderators here  practice what you preach and advise such as going down on a girl , receiving BJs and using condoms  and none of your partners have been infected ?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:21:27 am by Asianboy »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Clarification only
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 04:56:05 am »
Keep all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:06:03 am »
sorry . If i find it how do i merge it ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 06:21:13 am »
Click on your name, then click show last posts. You will not be able to merge your new thread. It will be done for you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 10:14:38 am »
Asianboy,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

I normally go down on a girl and receive Blowjobs. I also always use condoms for vaginal sex as the moderators here have advised .
  So is this the right thing to do  to ensure i absolutely avoid HIV infection ?

YES.

but do all the  moderators here  practice what you preach and advise such as going down on a girl , receiving BJs and using condoms  and none of your partners have been infected ?

In my case, yes. My partner and I have been together over seven years and he remains hiv negative. We use condoms for intercourse and that's it. No barriers for oral whatsoever.

There is a big difference between going down on a woman and giving a blowjob. Even with giving a blowjob, it is extremely rare for a person to become infected this way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:16 am »
 what do you mean when you say there is a big difference between going down on a woman and getting a blowjob ? you mean in terms of risks ?

And when you say its extremely rare for someone to get infected by getting a blow, you inferring it's possible? sorry Ann am just reading your words and trying to understand . Am being realy objective as i want tomake sure i practice safe sex
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:02:50 am by Asianboy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 11:10:30 am »
You don't get HIV from receiving a blowjob. There is a rare to theoretical risk that you might get infected by giving a blowjob.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 11:14:25 am »
You don't get HIV from receiving a blowjob. There is a rare to theoretical risk that you might get infected by giving a blowjob.
you don't get HIV from getting a blowjob but there is a rare risks ? i understand theoretical side  as i read the intro part . Sorry am a bit confused now

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 11:29:39 am »
No, there are NO risks of receiving a blowjob.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 09:44:08 pm »
Asian, in the entire 25 year history of the HIV epidemic and uncounted millions of blowjobs later, there has never been a single documented case of HIV transmission from someone receiving oral sex. Not one.

And you are not going to make history by becoming the first. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 09:49:03 pm »
what do you mean when you say there is a big difference between going down on a woman and getting a blowjob ? you mean in terms of risks ?

And when you say its extremely rare for someone to get infected by getting a blow, you inferring it's possible? sorry Ann am just reading your words and trying to understand . Am being realy objective as i want tomake sure i practice safe sex
[/quote

ANN ; Please clarify . Thank you . and thank you guys for clarifying . ]

So is it correct to say that if i JUST RECEIVE  UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX ( or BLOW JOB ) , GO DOWN ON A GIRL UNPROTECTED  and USE CONDOMS FOR SEXUAL INTERCOURSE am safe from contracting HIV ? i  know you have answered this question but both you and RAPIDROD wrote its extremely rare to get infected from a blowjob so am  just a bit confused. You mean there's a chance ? 

or maybe i should ask , can i go on receiving unprotected blowjobs, going down on a girl and using condoms for sexual intercourse and i will be safe from contracting HIV ?  cause that's what i have been doing from what i have learned from reading all the advices given in this forum unless i missed something since i don't read the forum every week .
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:50:48 pm by Asianboy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 06:40:20 am »
Asianboy,

You need to read more carefully. I said nothing about GETTING a blowjob. There is NO RISK to GETTING a blowjob.

What I said was "with GIVING a blowjob, it is extremely rare for a person to become infected this way" Have someone suck your dick all you like, you won't get hiv from it. There is also no hiv risk to going down on a woman.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Thomasdue

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 07:04:51 am »
The only thing you can get from a blow job is gonareha so I would go and get a test for that. As far as HIV forget it dude. Don't become a regular here. Trust me the people here regularly would rather be somewhere else!! You don't get AIDS from getting your cock throated OK.......

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 08:50:34 am »

that's right ANN I misread your sentence. Sorry . Thanks guys . You guys have done a lot really. Amazing . In time, i will write about the wonderful things you guys are doing here.  Thank you 

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 05:33:04 am »
  that's right ANN I misread your sentence. Sorry . Thanks guys . You guys have done a lot really. Amazing . In time, i will write about the wonderful things you guys are doing here.  Thank you 
[/quote  Hey Guys;

May i ask would any of you know how to get to the Massachusetts site that talks about their views on HIV  ?

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 05:35:09 am »
Hi Guys ,

Can any one of you please lead me or show me how to get to the Massachusetts site on HIV ? Am just curiious cause they seem so advanced
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:37:03 am by Asianboy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 07:23:04 am »
Asian,

You don't live in Massachusetts - therefore what goes on as regards hiv testing in Massachusetts is of no relevance to you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 11:40:23 pm »
 i just wanted to read whatever they have on the Massachusetts site.  I would appreciate it  if anyone can give me their IP address . 

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 02:24:40 am »
  question ... i had protected sex with a girl the other night . When i pulled out i noticed there was blood at the base of my penis . I immediately washed it with water before pulling out the condom . My question is i fingered her before i wore a condom and i obviously used my hands to put on the condom . it was inverted so i had to turn the condom before have sexual intercourse with her .

Since i fingered her prior to wearing the condom  and i presume she still was still towards the end of her menstruation , is there a possibility of getting infected if there was blood on my fingers that i had used to insert the condom on ? it was initially inverted so my fingers touched the inside part and the edge  of the condom . in fact i did touch the edge of the condom that faces the urethra  as i always inspect that part for possible air to nake sure the condom does not  have any air when i insert it . Am i at any risk ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 02:52:57 am »
No you were not at risk. The condom does not touch your urethra.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 05:06:40 am »
Sorry Rapidrod for being persistent . assuming there was blood inside the condom from my fingers ( from fingering her )  since i had to invert  or re wear the condom , would it not be possible that i be infected  since i was pumping so it would go inside the urethra ? Am i asking a dumb question ? 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 07:59:02 am »
Honestly? Yes that was a dumb question. If it worries you so much, next time wash your hands first.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 11:57:02 pm »
 if i fingered a girl who is towards the end of her period ( which meant i had a bit of  her sperm and a little blood on my finger and i had touched the condom especially the tip of the condom i used on her since i had to wear one before intercourse and  had to reinvert it cause when i wore it it was inverted  ) there is no  risk of HIV infection ?  is it  not possible that the blood from my finger that touched the tip of the condom when it was inverted could infect me through the urethra when i re -wore the inverted  condom ?  sorry am just bothered . i figured if infection occurs through semen and blood, then infected  blood on condom can enter the urethra since i initially wore the condom inverted so i had to touch it with blood on my fingers

And am glad to see Jkinatl back.  Ive learned a lot from his postings and from the way he explains HIV  . Am glad you are fine and back sir .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 07:20:11 am by Asianboy »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 10:31:46 am »
Asian,

What you describe is a purely theoretical risk. In real life, hiv transmission will not happen under those circumstances.

However, if you are in any doubt as to your hiv status, the only way to find out is through testing. While I am not recommending you test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 08:19:22 pm »
Asian,

What you describe is a purely theoretical risk. In real life, hiv transmission will not happen under those circumstances.

However, if you are in any doubt as to your hiv status, the only way to find out is through testing. While I am not recommending you test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

so does this mean i did have a risk ?  so blood exposed  outside the body is infectious ? sorry am a bit confused Ann
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:30:17 pm by Asianboy »

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 08:29:31 pm »

MODERATORS may i ask ?

is blood exposed infectious ? so you can get HIV from outside the body ?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:33:43 pm by Asianboy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 08:31:53 pm »
Reread Ann's reply. She was clear about what she said.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 04:49:22 am »
So does it mean what i just described is a no risk event ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 04:51:10 am »
No risk, one has never been documented.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 04:37:24 am »
so that means am good to go ? no risk whatsoever ?

Offline Asianboy

re : cunnilingus and unprotected BJ
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 03:19:29 am »
 hi ;

Just wanted to make sure am doing it right .  i can  do unprotected cunnilingus and receive unprotected BJ s and use condoms for intercourse  and i am safe and  won't get HIV . Is that correct ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 05:14:06 am »
Asian,

Yes, that is correct. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 03:55:20 am »
hi Guys ;

just checking if there are any new developments since i last posted  7 months ago . 

To be safe from HIV i can do unprotected cunnilingus and get  unprotected blow jobs .

As long as i wear condoms for intercourse am safe from contracting HIV . Still holds true right ?   just making sure am doing it right .

am just concerned  just in case you may have discovered someone being infected this way in the last 7 months that's why am just asking again.

i just want to make sure in case there have been  any new developments .

thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 11:53:11 pm by Asianboy »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 04:16:43 am »
Nothing has changed and it won't.

Offline Asianboy

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 09:35:56 pm »

thank you Rapidrod . just wanted to make sure

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.