Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Different Question  (Read 8236 times)

Offline ToScared

Different Question
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:38:44 am »
Here is my story.

I know you guys answer these questions everyday but to here it on my personal story will help me a great deal.

I am a male.  I recieved Oral Sex from a girl I didnt know too much about, and I also fingered her anus.  I did not ejaculate in her mouth or anything, and the oral sex was for less than a minute.

Also, I once inserted my penis around the the outside of another girls vagina.  Do you think that I am at a high risk. 

My current partner has tested Negative, I just got tested on Monday, I live in Canada so I have to wait 1-2 weeks for my results. 

I am having a really difficult time sleeping, thinking and working.   My job is so stressful and this is adding to it, I dont know what to do.  I have a vacation coming up this week, and i probably wont have my results by then, but I need someone to take my mind off of it.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please Help Me..Im Scared
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:26 am »
You had a zero risk of HIV from the situation you have provided.

Offline ToScared

Re: Please Help Me..Im Scared
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:31:03 am »
If anyone on this forum is from Canada and has had a full HIV test...can you tell me how long it usually takes..i know they say 1-2 weeks, however my Dr said it could be more..

thanks rapid rod for the quick response..if there is anyway I can support this site (donation etc) I will do it.  I have vast experience in IT if that helps.

Offline ToScared

Different Question
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:50:56 pm »
I just wanted to know the following:  When they do a full STD test how many vials of blood do they take 2 or 3?

Someone told me they had 2 done...but i had 3

If it helps i live in Canada.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Different Question
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 10:14:15 pm »
I was told by a nurse (here in the US) at a free clinic, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that one vial of blood is for one solitary test only.

As in, one vial of blood for HIV, another vial for syphilis, and another one for another specific test. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:17:14 pm by aupointillimite »
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline ToScared

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:32:31 pm »
Ok...so I know for sure that they tested for HIV and they took 3 for me...and i asked for a full panel.

Does anyone know what the other two would be for.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:23 pm »
The best thing to do would probably be to ask them what they tested for.

Offline ToScared

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:42:27 pm »
yeah see the girl i dated...said she had an STD test, but she wasnt sure if they did HIV.  So out of curiosity I asked her how many viles did they take and she said 2.  Which made me wonder, because they took 3 from me.  The worst part about it..is her DR. is away for 2 weeks

Once again..im not sure if it matters but i live in Canada

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 10:47:10 pm »
toscared,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

The only way to know for sure what tests you are having done is to ask. Your girlfriend may be able to find out by ringing her doctor's office, whether he is present or not.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ToScared

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:51:45 pm »
THanks Ann.

She has left a message, waiting for the call.  However she thinks that the whole office is closed..because there is only one doctor.

So, my risk has possible changed since the first thread.  I always use a condom, however this one time my penis entered her vagina for about 1 minute, then i got freaked and put a condom on.  I know this is risky, but do I need to lose 2 days of sleep/and food over it, and smoke 2 packs a day.  Btw this was almost 6 months ago

Offline ToScared

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:59:06 pm »
I keep reading the risk is low...is this TRUE?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 12:03:55 am »
To,

Put it this way - you're very unlikely to have been infected form such a short insertion. I'm fully expecting you to collect a negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 07:33:00 am »
I was told by a nurse (here in the US) at a free clinic, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that one vial of blood is for one solitary test only.

As in, one vial of blood for HIV, another vial for syphilis, and another one for another specific test. 
I am a supervisor in a clinical lab.  I also do bench work and have had experience in the research lab setting.  Anyhow, drawing one vial of blood per test is ludicrous.  I shudder to think how much blood we'd have to get for people who have tons of blood work.  It is true that we like to err on the side of too much blood.  This is in case an accident happens or we need to rerun for some reason.  I remember one time I had moved to cap a tube of serum and ended up dropping it--these things tend to happen.  But testing procedures have gotten much better to where you often need just a tiny drop of serum or plasma, so we can often combine many tests in one tube--good for those who don't bleed well or have bad veins.  So it's not to get too excited about the number of vials--just find out what was tested for.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
Thank you for clearing that up! 

Why I would have been given such patently incorrect information by a medical professional is beyond me.

Offline ToScared

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 04:36:17 pm »
Do you think my risk was even high enough to get tested for this?  Meaning unprotected penile-vagina for a minute.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »
Please don't play two forums. You have already been given your assessment. NO RISK..

Offline ToScared

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 04:53:05 pm »
Sorry Rapid,

But my original question was outer penis-vagina.  Just recently i found out that a girl who I had 1 min unprotected sex with, does not know if they actually tested for HIV or not, but i think she is OK.

I just need to ease my mind

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 07:27:08 pm »
To,

A one minute unprotected vaginal insertion - if you actually did put your penis INSIDE her body - is a tiny risk and under the circumstances you were wise to test. I'm fully expecting your test to return with negative results.

You're just going to have to keep yourself busy while you wait for your results. Please don't come here everyday and feed your fear. Not only will you not do yourself any favours, but you will also wear our patience thin if you keep asking the same questions over and over again. The answers aren't going to change.

Getting a blowjob is NO risk and a brief vaginal insertion is very low risk, but not entirely no risk. I'm expecting your result to be negative. Now chill out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ToScared

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 10:55:48 am »
Hi All,

I just wanted to give everyone an update.  My test came back negative as you all predicted, I thank you all for trying to keep me sane. 

This incident happened almost a year ago, and it took me that long to realize that I put myself at risk. 

I will not be logging onto this site anymore, as I have seen that people after there NEGATIVE results, become more afraid after reading more and more posts. 

This site is great, and I know you all do not take donations hence i have donated to another AIDS foundation and will continue to do so yearly. 

This was one of the most scariest times in my life, but the one good thing that came out of it is that I have the chance to change my life and the way I do things and better protect my health

I hope everyone else who has a scare, gets a result of NEGATIVE, and more importantly they learn from there mistakes and only have to be on this "AM I Infected" board once in there lives.

And all those who are living with HIV, I commend you on your strength and for your efforts on this board.

ToScared...signing OFF

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.