Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:06:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 401
Total: 401

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This site is my therapy...  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Texan38

This site is my therapy...
« on: June 05, 2008, 05:28:19 pm »
I don't have many friends - hell, to be honest, I only have one my curious-bi-sexual-lesbian but she's constantly working so when I want or need to talk to someone, I have no one to talk to. I don't have a computer at home which doesn't make things any easier and I work at a clinic for a mental health program that monitors people living with depression and anxiety so when I have time to check out the forums here - it's a great therapy for me.  I get to make silly comments, express some feeling and just lighten up and relax!
Reading other threads here have helped me keep my sanity and even with no one to talk to, this site has made me feel that I'm not all alone here.

Thank you all for just being you!  :-*
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: This site is my therapy...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:12 pm »
You're welcome. I've been saying similar things for quite some time now. For example if you tell another poz person you're a little under the weather today they're like 'oh okay' whereas if you tell a neg person, their face drops and the drama queen within them overthinks/overreacts (like, 'omg, the hiv guy is falling into sickness' hello, no (rolls eyeballs), we fall under the weather sometimes just like everyone else)

Simply put, pozzies understand pozzies, generally speaking.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:38 pm »
Hey Texan,

Good to know you're getting comfort from hanging out here.

What's doing in your area as far as HIV resources and services? Any possibilities there? Fill us in a little more if you will.

Meanwhile you are sure welcome here.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:50:01 pm »
Texan, these forums have definitely been my support through a lot of things. I'm glad you're finding the same thing.

Is there an ASO (Aids Service Organization) nearby where you live or in a nearby town?  They might be able to put you in touch with a support group.  That would give you some people to talk to face-to-face.  Just a thought.  You might be able to expand your circle of friends.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:05 am »
Texan -- thanks for posting this!  You made my day.

I'm really glad you've benefited from these forums.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline dixieman

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:52:52 am »
Texan, Its always good to read and listen to others who have the same challenges in life as onesellf. This disease islolates too many for fear of rejection. Although there maybe opposing opinions no one on this site can judge and or makes judgements against someone else. Everyone on this site has a story to tell... sometimes its just great to see how others are dealing. sincerely, John

Offline Texan38

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:49 pm »
Well, I've been going to Planned Parenthood for my services and many years ago I did inquire about a support group.  Someone did call me a couple of days later and asked if I spoke Spanish, I told her I did and she explained to me that the support group was in Spanish - when I told her I wasn't interested, she asked if I had a problem expressing my feelings and I said I had no problem expressing my feelings just not in Spanish. She said she was sorry to hear that - and hung up.  So I just left it alone, never questioned it or pushed it any further and after all these years I've just had to cope by myself.
Then I found this site....and there were and are so many stories I can relate to. So many feeling being expressed - I honestly felt I was the only person who had any kind of mixed feelings, who felt there was something wrong with me....I didn't feel so alone anymore.

Peter, a huge hug going out to you because I now know it's okay to feel what do....it's okay to feel and express those feelings...I'm not alone. This site has made a difference in my life - Thank you!  :-*

Wow, talk about going into a Hallmark moment!  :D
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 05:15:26 pm »
That's great, Texan. Being exactly who you are is what you are/will be best at. So stick with that and express yourself as honestly and fully as you want to.

Here's to your Friday! And all of the other days as well.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 07:24:17 am »

Reading other threads here have helped me keep my sanity and even with no one to talk to, this site has made me feel that I'm not all alone here.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But having lived with this virus for 23 years, and a large portion  of those years without internet HIV forums in my life, you should still try to connect with people one on one. It is still the best way to go !

Take care---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51:45 pm »
You know Texan38, I have to say, that I too have found and still find a great deal of support here. There a ton a great folks here, and it is they who make this place great.

Being here, I find some good support and I am happy to lend my support when it's needed.
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.