Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:00:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 661
Total: 661

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Re: What is my level of risk - PEP?  (Read 6171 times)

Offline baylong

Re: What is my level of risk - PEP?
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:41:13 am »
Hi every body,

I m from France. This is the first times I post. I don't know where to start, so sorry to enter in this place.
I 'm now so scared if i'm infected by HIV. 8 september 2007, i have sex (vaginal) with a callgirl, intercorse with condom just in about 3 minutes. I didn't get out the "liquid".Then she gave me a paper tissus. By being so terrified at that moment of being infected by the virus HIV in the area around my penis, I wrapped my penis by the tissus. Then I jummed into the toilet, shaved and washed the area around the penis with detergent powder.

After 40 hours, I went to hospital and demand a treatment of Combivir and Kaletra. I used Combivir and Kaletra for 33 days. At the 30th day, I tested negative,then also negative at 58th day (8weeks after). During the use of combivir and Kaletra I have had diarrhoea (from 3th week to 4th week). At the beginning of the 8th week, I had something like flu, I am a bit certain because there was 2 person in my company had flu too. After that, I thought the flu ended at the end of the 9th week, cos I am a bit healthy. Then 2 days later, I had aching muscles and aching bones, at the arm, the finger, then the legs. It last until now. I thought myself the first one is the flu that I ve had, and the second one is the syndromes of infection by HIV?????

Someone can help me?  I think of it every minute, i'm so terrified. Is there any case where the syndromes of infection by HIV occurs at the 8th week,especially when using combivir and kaletra for a month?Does it relay the seroconversion?

Help me please,please!

bL

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Re: What is my level of risk - PEP?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:07:29 am »
BL,

You never had a risk for hiv infection and you certainly didn't need to take PEP. The diarrhea you had during treatment is a side effect of the treatment.

Condoms prevent hiv infection. It's the head of your penis that needs to be protected, not the shaft nor the base. You didn't have a risk.

Talk to your doctor about your physical problems. It's nothing to do with hiv. You did NOT have a risk. Keep using those condoms and you won't have a risk in future either.

I removed your post from someone else's thread. Keep all your additional questions or comments in this thread only. Please read our forum posting guidelines found in our Welcome Thread and follow the Lessons links provided as well.

No risk. No hiv. No kidding.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baylong

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:17:48 pm »
Thank you so much for your quick answer. I must see my doctor. I have read a lot in this forum and I found many things useful for me.

Offline baylong

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:15:08 pm »
Hi Ann,

I ve just received the result of the 12-week- test: negative. After being happy for a while, I am so frightened because I read an article telling that we need to wait 3 months after the last dose of PEP (1month PEP + 3 months) to have an exact test( http://www.pep.chapsonline.org.uk/taken_pep.htm ). On the other hand, in the aids lesson of this forum, according to my understanding, telling we just need 13 weeks despite of taking PEP?

I am so sorry to bother you again. You re telling me not to worry about the infection because I wore condom, but I m still frightened about my aching muscles, and aching pain happening from the 10th week till now, and I had something red on my skin at the 9th week which disappeared 3 days later. I am afraid the tissue the girl gave me which I wrapped my penis had got her secretion. Because at that time I didn't know if she used the tissue herself before giving it to me or not.

Please help me!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:54:02 pm »
Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. Bearing that in mind you never needed to do an HIV test because you weren't at risk.

Yes, if someone does PEP they need to test at 13 weeks after the completion of PEP to get a reliable result. But in your case that doesn't matter because you didn't have a risk. At least not other than in your fearful mind. Which has no basis in HIV science.

As for your physical symptoms -- discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.

And if you decide for peace of mind to re-test again at 13 weeks past completion of PEP, you'll just collection another negative result. 
Andy Velez

Offline baylong

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 04:14:47 pm »
Thank you very much Andy,

I was also scared because in the dark, I don't know what condom the girl gave me to use, if it had a break, has problem of limit date or not.

In my situation, I did PEP for 5 weeks, if there would be symtomps, then it would take place at 7th week to 9th week?

Thanks again for you quick answer.I don't know what to do now, I can't not concentrate on working everyday..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 04:47:54 pm »
Baylong,

You didn't have a risk. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and nothing you bring to us was risky. Condoms prevent hiv infection.

Your test result is not going to change.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baylong

What is my level of risk - PEP?HURT FROM LEMON JUS ON THE PENIS
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 02:26:42 pm »
Hi again!

First, I wish you all Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year.

today, I can't enjoy the Christmas day because being full of scare! We all know that if someone has some small injured on his penis that the eyes can not see, there would be some risk during intercourse with condom. I discover that I must have some hurt in the area near the top of my penis (I don't know if it is caused by infecting STIs ), cos' when I put some LEMOND JUS on it, at the beginning nothing happens, but after about 15 seconds, it hurts. There must be some injured on it. Regarding some symtomps that I had from the 9th week till now, I am terrified indeed. I tested negative at the end of the 13th week (8 weeks after the last dose of PEP, I used PEP for 5 weeks).

Someone ,please, could tell me an 8 -week-mark-test-result after finishing PEP can be considered as an 8-week-mark-test-result of someone not doing PEP? I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH THE HURT FROM LEMON JUS ON MY PENNIS.

I know that everybody is now enjoying Chrismas party except me, sitting alone in my small appartement,doing nothing, just waiting for yours appriciated answers!

Thank you in advanced

Merry Chrismas

Offline baylong

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 06:22:08 pm »
STDs, I meant

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:21:00 pm »
Nothing you have mentioned was even a minute possible risk. Move on.

Offline baylong

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 04:59:21 am »
Thank you so much for your answer .And how about an 8 -week-mark-test-result after finishing PEP can be considered as an 8-week-mark-test-result of someone not doing PEP?

I know that you said I don't have risk, however, the answers "yes" to the questions above could calme me down

Thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 06:50:21 am »
Bay,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. You didn't need to take PEP. You ARE hiv negative.

Whatever is making your penis hurt when you put lemon juice on it has nothing to do with hiv. You don't have hiv. Go see your doctor to find out why your penis hurts when you put lemon juice on it. Or here's another idea - stop putting lemon juice on your penis. Lemon juice is acidic and it's not a big surprise that it would make the head of your penis hurt.

You do NOT have hiv! Your test results show that, conclusively.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline baylong

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 07:57:01 am »
Thank you Ann,

I'll try to accept this test result despite of being full of doubt.

Have a good holidays to all of you. This site is wonderful! God blessed you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 09:52:41 am »
I'll just add my voice to the holiday chorus here and tell you that HIV has nothing to do with whatever is going on with your penis or indeed with any other physical symptoms you maybe experiencing. You're in that HIV jitters mindset which is busily misinterpreting everything that happens with your body as ANOTHER SIGN of HIV. 'taint so.

You never were at risk for HIV in this situation and PEP was totally unwarranted. You need to discuss your physical concerns with a doctor and not with your head. Often we find that men who've been with a sex worker have all sorts of anxious and guilty feelings afterward which get translated into mistakenly believing they were at greater risk than if they'd been with a civilian. It's just not so. It's not whom you are with but rather what you do. And as long as you always use a condom it doesn't matter whom you are with. Condoms provide equal protection for all.

Get on with your life. And see your doctor if your johnson keeps bothering you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.