Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:18:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 625
Total: 625

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Moved back to my home in Virginia  (Read 5070 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Moved back to my home in Virginia
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:09:18 pm »
Well after being away from my home here in Virginia and making the mistake of moving away from here. I have made it back to my home again. My parents are much more supportive of my well being now. They just want me to live a healthy life and too know that there will always be food on the table.

Just one thing this time things are different than they were before. My folks came down to help me move all my stuff back here. I get a home cooked meal each day. I'm taking my meds like I'm suppose too.

Just had had enough of my current livivng situation and with my numbers and my health was not all good I choose to come back here. I have a roof over my head, place to lay my head down at night. Not to mention I don't have to pay rent. Just have to pay the utilities power, cable, internet. No phone but who needs a phone when there is no one to talk too.

Health wise I'm doing ok. Meth well that is another story. Just tried it with a few friends not an addict, don't get me wrong. It's cool to do it with friends but I'm not going to fork out that amount of money to ruin my life. I know it is wrong to do meth. Things were really getting me down to the point I said what the hell I will try anything once.

My next Doctor visit will not be until June of this year. Hopefull the next time I go back my numbers will improve. I am now taking Viramune 200mg twice a day now. Also I have to go every month and take a breathing treatment Nebupent 300mg. So far I have not had any problems with these meds. Just the vivid dreams from time to time with Viramune. ::)

Other than that I'm doing ok. Just glad to be back home. :-*

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Moved back to my home in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 03:38:08 pm »
Hi Jerry, I'm glad you posted, I was just thinking about you yesterday.

Glad you're back home and that all is well for now.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:07:48 pm »
Hey Jerry. Glad you are somewhere better. I know it's hard to live with family,I live with mine but sometimes it's better. Love you. Glad you are okay.  Cristy

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 07:45:53 pm »
Welcome back to Ye Olde Commonwealth!

If you ever mosey on over to Richmond... you know... make the five hour trip from Tazewell county... look me up!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 07:58:40 pm »
Jezza,

Don't fret sweetie, at least you tried it out. :-*

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:08:23 pm »
Hey Jerry,

I'm glad you are safe and sound and in a good place. As far as the playing about with Tina, well, that's something you can now always say, "Been there, Done that, Over it."

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »
Well Mark have been there and done that and kinda liked it in some ways or the other.  :P

I live in an area now that Meth labs are everywhere. This county for sure is bad for alot of meth setups. Everyday there is something on the news about this area that some meth lab was found. Drug stores are robbed at least once a week here.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:50 pm »
Like Dorothy said.."There's no place like home"

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 01:06:05 am »
welcome home my friend.

and forget the meth.  save your money for something far better....SF in September!

robert

Offline Nadine

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 05:40:53 am »
Jerry,

I am happy to hear that you're home, much better living situation than you've been in lately. 
I don't know much about meth use, but I do know that is a road that you shouldn't be traveling. Like Robert said, save your money for SF :)

Please look after yourself

(((((HUGS)))))

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:25:42 am »
I am glad for you.  Must echo the warning about the crystal use. Meth and those dealing it can do damage fast. As you mentioned, they are a ruthless bunch. Careful about drawing it into your peaceful homefront.
Be well, good looking.
xxx,
Mike

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 10:31:58 am »
Jerry,

All I can say is be careful.  Careful not to loose the life you have built after finally leaving home, and careful with the drugs.

You for one, don't have the physical or emotional strength to "be a player" and "partier".   I know you don't, because I have met and talked with you, and you are like me in many ways, and I see a man that is tempting the devil to play with meth.  I won't even touch the shit, and I have tried just about everything out there, but meth, cocaine, and acid are strictly no-no to me.  I did try cocaine one time and it was so very nice, I made sure never to take it again, as I would become hopelessly hooked.

You need to deal more with who you are and becoming self empowered enough to say no to that shit, and living at home is going to make it 10 times more difficult. 

Love you Jerry, please take care of yourself.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline David_CA

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 10:50:07 am »
Jerry,

If things are better, so far, being back at home, then moving away wasn't a mistake.  It might be just what was needed to make folks (you and the family) realize that things at home can't be like they were prior to you leaving.  Remember how miserable you were?  If your first venture away from home didn't work, there will be other opportunities for you to improve your situation once YOU figure out what YOU want and need from life.  Like the others, I'd stay away from Tina.  Nobody starts out planning on being a meth head or a junkie.  It's like smoking.  One or two isn't so bad, but how many stay at that level?  If the temptation is really strong for Tina, I'd think that a move to a place that's no so infested might be beneficial, but you can decide that by just saying "no to drugs" (how quaint and corny, especially coming from a pot head).  I think I may have tried some once, under the guise as coke, but as bad as it burned my nose and made me sneeze, it was definitely something other than coke.  I personally can see no good in adding one more problem to an already complicated situation - living with HIV or AIDS.  Learn to like yourself... no, learn to LOVE yourself and treat YOU like you would anybody else you care  a lot about.  Take care of yourself like you'd take care of them.  Learn to be a good friend to yourself, if not your own best friend.  It's not easy sometimes, but if one can manage to do so, things seem to fall into place so much easier.  Take care and congrats. on the family's support.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
Ok with all the comments on Meth no more for me. It was a one time thing just like Mark said been there done that ain't going back to that. Just feel bad for those that get hooked on it and it can be very addicitive. I have learned my lessons to not get hooked on it and I have a new life to live here now. I will take your advice and stay away from T. :-*

Offline Teresa

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 04:39:55 pm »
So glad you got out of that living situation you were in.

Hope things go better for you now.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Rainbow1

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 08:24:00 am »
i'm So glad to hear your doing better

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.