Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread no. 44. "SISTERS OF THE TRAVELING- NO PANTSUITS !"  (Read 52698 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Ladies Thread no. 44. "SISTERS OF THE TRAVELING- NO PANTSUITS !"
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 12:02:14 pm »
Cindy have you asked your doctor about switching meds?

Queen I didnt get the sense I was peeing. It felt more like my crotch suddenly had its own heater.
Firecrotch LOL

I found a cool spider this morning in front of my house. I took pictures and made a musical slide show to amuse myself.

Ahhh crap my font just got huge on all my screens.

Brandy - I got that crap from my kid plenty of times. She likely is avoiding you so she doesn't have to hear you bitch. Since her phone is no longer going straight to voicemail she is most likely fine but trying to figure a way out of trouble.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 12:06:13 pm »
I fixed my font problem. No clue why it did that all the sudden.
I went to the top of the window and clicked on View then clicked on Text size and changed it back to normal.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 01:34:20 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Wow, a lot's happened.

Cin, I would definitely talk to the doctor about changing meds.  I can tell you that I've taken Sustiva a couple times and stopped it both times due to CNS effects.  They (the side effects) drove me absolutely crazy, so I stopped it (talking with my doctor about another med to switch to of course).  That's my opinion.  To tell you the truth, I can't remember how long Sustiva's been out.

Andrea, I'm glad you made it through your first week.

Queen, glad the CT scan went well.  And I'm glad you had a low electric bill.  That's a relief.  I'm also all geeked up for Obama.  I didn't hear Hillary's speech (damn it) but I did hear Bill's (he kicked ass).  I'm glad you're going to vote.  It's important.

Netta, I had to borrow money the last time I got work done on my car.  I'll be paying that back when I get my student loans in either October or November (hopefully).  Oh, I didn't watch Nancy Grace about Caylee, but I hear the mother is not being any help since being bailed out.

Tendai, omg.  What did you do?

Brandy, I did that when I was a teenager, my daughter did it when she was a teenager.  I agree with Wendy.  She's probably trying to think of a good story to tell you.  I know you can't help but worry though.  I'm sure it'll be alright.  Just try to keep a semi-cool head when she shows up.  Fighting and angry words only drives someone away.

Wendy, I'm extremely phobic of spiders.  Yesterday when I got in the shower, there was a very small one in there.  I almost screamed, but instead I smashed it and let the water wash it down the drain.  Yuck.

I'm going to cook a pork steak on the grill in a few minutes.  As soon as I'm done posting here I'm going to start the grill.  I also have some corn-on-the-cob I'm going to put in the microwave.  I've had the pork steak marinating since this morning, so it should taste pretty good.  It's been marinating in A-1 sauce, because I love that stuff. 

Tonight is an NA speak-a-thon thing I'm going to with my best friend.  I talked to another one of my good friends on the phone this morning.  She just had two discs taken out of her back and two plastic ones put in.  They opened her up in two places on her abdomen and also went in through her back.  Yuck!  (did I already tell you guys this).  I'll tell you, my memory is getting worse.  I hope it picks back up before school starts, which is in just a few days.  Anyway, that's my day so far.  I'm going to fire up the grill.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »
Now I'm sitting here bare foot, wondering if there are creepy crawly spiders running around......hee hee!

I plan on speaking to my doc about a switch or something.  Philly posted in the thread and suggested PN may be the culprit.  I had two docs check me for it, but they weren't HIV docs.  The new HIV doc I have is wonderful, so I am going to ask a million questions when I see him in October.

Betty~  What problems did you have with the Sustiva? 

Who here is on Nuerontin?  Its an anti-convulsant......damn, this is unnerving.  Sometimes I actually feel like I am going to lose control with these episodes.  Ever play Guitar Hero and get that light-headed, unbalanced feeling when you see all of the notes flying at you on the screen?

That's how I feel, to the umpteenth power.  I do NOT want to fall over at work.  I kind of brushed up against the wall in a hallway the other day to steady myself, its getting worse, but nothing profound yet.

I hope to find a solution, you know me "Detective Girl" here.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 02:56:21 pm »
I am totally fascinated with spiders as long as they aren't crawling on me. I don't freak out if its a little one on me but I think a big one might freak me out a little.

I never kill spiders I take them outside.

Cindy - I dont know how you manage. Sounds like a bitch of a problem you have.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »
I forgot to mention. Yesterday was Billy's sons 21st birthday so I am making him a cake and his favorite meal.
He wanted yellow cake with chocolate icing and the favorite thing of his for me to cook is chicken enchiladas.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:03 pm »
I never kill spiders I take them outside.

Cindy - I dont know how you manage. Sounds like a bitch of a problem you have.

I heard its bad luck to kill spiders, I usually find them lurking in my bathroom near the drains.  :D

Yeah, I don't know how I manage either.  I am so exhausted.  My cover is going to be blown soon if I tip over at work!  Its amazing how people look at me at work, and then if I say I can't move something, or I need help, they look at me sideways.  There are a couple of real bitches there, but they are the stupidest people of all.  

Wouldn't it be funny if I had a doctor's note for the next time they thought I was complaining and couldn't do something strenuous?  :D  I'm so damn stubborn, I try anyway.

Betty, (or anyone on Sustiva) did you get really sensitive to temperature, and find it really hard to cool down?

No, I'm not "flashing....."    yet.

Wini I'm coming to your place for dinner.  :D

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 04:37:01 pm »
Win- That spider looks pretty big to me.  I am OK too as long as hey are not going to crawl on me.  Did I tell you guys when my Mother and I took the kid swimming a couple of weeks ago, there were snakes in the water, well 2.  It was gross!  Did you happen to post your enchilada recipe in the recipe forum? I would really appreciate it if you did,  I have always wanted to try them.

100Proof- I agree with everyone else.  I know you must be freaking out.  I hope she comes home or calls soon.

Betty-  I just remembered you asked about cooking a pork steak.  What exactly is a pork steak?  I love A1 too.  Have you tried the Jack Daniels steak sauce?  That is yummy, too.  Have fun tonight!

Mum- Hope you had fun shopping!

Queen- I think it would be more embarassing if he pooped anywhere except his liter box.  I have a closet shiter, I take her out a gazilion times a day and she still shits in the house.  I tried to have my son take a pic of her the other day on the way to my Moms house but the dog is black and so was my shit so it didn't come out.  Anyway, she rode up on my shoulders between my neck and the backrest.  I had a cat once that would get up on my shoulders but never a dog.

Ten-  That is kinda creepy.  What did happen?  Inquiring minds want to know?  ;D

Moon- Hopefully, your ID doc can help you out.  The only reason I know anything about Guitar Hero is from you mentioning it here :)

I didn't do anything today except take a shower, shave my legs and condition my hair.  The kids have been playing outside all day.

Talk to you later.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 05:10:42 pm »

Cindy - I wonder if any of them think you have a drinking problem LOL

I modified a chicken enchilada casserole recipe I have. I basically made the casserole but instead of layering with corn tortillas I placed the chicken mixture inside corn tortillas and shoved a ton of cheese in and on it.
I cooked the corn tortillas for a few seconds on both sides in vegetable oil to make them more durable.
If you don't they will break while you are stuffing them. I found that out the hard way.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole
4--5 chicken breasts
celery salt
onion flakes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 medium yellow or white onion diced
1-2 jalapenos seeded and diced
12 corn tortillas
4 ounces Mexican style cheese "or if not available swiss and cheddar mixed together"

Season chicken with celery salt and onion flakes. Wrap in foil and bake at 325 degrees for an hour.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Save the liquid in the foil .
In a pan sprayed with cooking spray cook onions and jalapenos until the onions get translucent. Add the soups, sour cream, reserved liquid from the chicken, and the chicken and mix.
Tear tortillas into bite sized pieces. Layer tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese twice ending with the cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 05:55:52 pm »
Ugh, just waking up from a nap. I got with my sister smoked a few and had a margarita. It kind of hit me around 2. I am guessing it's because I had been up since 8ish getting ready for the people to come show the house.

I never kill spiders because they eat other bugs. I was seeing big ass black beetles since I moved in. Because of the episode I went through with the last landlord, I bombed right after I moved in, no more beetles!!!!! I am still waiting on fuckface to give me back my deposit but he has until the 6th to do that. He doesn't even owe me a full deposit but I think he is going to try to stiff me for the rest.

Brandy--I agree with the rest of the ladies about your daughter but I understand your concern. And I would be pissed too because you had this discussion with her about curfew. But if you bitch too much, you might just chase her right into the 24 yr olds arms. I am dying to hear what her excuse is going to be. She may try to say her battery died on her phone.

Wini-- I am going to have to try that recipe once I go shopping. I love spicy food.

Cindy--Yeah, my doc wanted to put me on neurontin but I didn't like the side effects that come with it. So, I just soak my feet when they hurt. My doc said my off balance is being caused by the nerves endings going dead in my right foot so when I go to get up or walk, I lose my balance some times. I can deal with the balance but not the feeling that my feet feel like they're going to fall off.

Not going anywhere else the rest of the evening. I am in chill mode.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 06:03:44 pm »
she came home around 1:30pm I told her that I was worried and then I was mad but right I'm glad she is okay and we'll we talk later when things have calmed down and for now she was grounded until I tell her she's not! she say that there was some drinking but SHE only had a little but the 24 yr old got really drunk and was sick and she was being a good friend by taking care of him and his things until everyone left after which She " fell asleep on his couch " and her phone was about to die so she turned it off! some of which maybe true the phone thing is a flat out lie because I'm looking at the bars now its half full and it isn't on the charger so. as it stands we will talk about it this evening when the whole family can sit down and talk about! I haven't had a chance to read how everyone is doing hope all is well
Brandy
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 07:35:02 pm »
Wini-- I am going to have to try that recipe once I go shopping. I love spicy food.

Its not spicy. Kind of kid friendly. But you could add some hotter peppers to make it spicy.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 07:58:54 pm »
Hey everyone! Hope you are all staying cool. It has been kind of humid here and I started leaving the air on all night and I like it! :) Vivian likes it too! LOL! She stays in the bed w/me when it's on. Normally she starts on the bed and ends up on the floor. I have wood floors and it is much cooler. I am in the middle of doing laundry...BORING!!! HATE IT!!!

All this talk about spiders. I don't mind them as long as they don't crawl on me.

Queen- Is the landlord looking to sell the building you are in? If he does that won't effect you will it?

Snow-Is the recipe forum still there? I loved that thing. I got many ideas from there

Brandy- Wow! Maybe she is totally rebelling and testing her boundaries. My sister would probably do something like that. I never did that but then I was afraid of getting in trouble. I was a good girl! I just skipped all the typical teenage stuff and waited till my 20's to start seeing a guy in secret (Mr. Wonderful) and get pregnant. No one in my family saw that coming! Anyways...I hope things work out with you and your daughter.

Betty-What is pork steak? Yeah, I'm glad I made it through the first week. I'm happy now that I am back at work.  :)

Wendy-You are so good at all the computer stuff. Now that the kids have 1-1 laptops we've had to learn so much. I've found that I really don't know how to do much. I guess if I was more interested in the computer I would be more apt to learn. The kids can teach me! I do know how to do Power Point and Movie Maker though...YAY for me...LOL!

Cindy- This problem has been going on for so long now. The doctors still have no idea what it is huh? I remember you mentioning Menear's Disease (sp?) My mom's friend has that and when she gets and attack it's bad. I think she take Valium for it. I feel really blessed that I am pretty healthy except for the obvious... :(

Well ladies, that's all I have. I am sure you will all enjoy your 3 day weekend, I know I am!

Andrea

Oh, Wendy-Is the hurricane coming your way?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2008, 08:31:53 pm »
I'm too close to Oklahoma to get any thing serious with a hurricane. I hope to see some rain but you never know. Dallas is in the upper right area of Texas. There are hundreds of miles between me and the gulf.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2008, 08:40:08 pm »
Thanks, Win.  I think my kids would love that.  I am going to try it in the next week or so.  ;D

Viv- I can't believe your 5th graders have laptops.  Does the school provide them?

100- Glad your daughter is back , safe and sound.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »
Evening ladies,

Cin, when I took Sustiva it made me dizzy, I got anxiety attacks, I could hardly get out of bed in the morning, and I was very depressed.  I do take Neurontin.  In fact, I take 800 mgs 3 x a day.  I have no side effects at all.  I got tons more side effects with Sustiva than I do with Neurontin.  And the Neurontin controls my neuropathy quite well.  Some people are leary of Neurontin because it can cause drowsiness.  But that's only when you first start it.  I've been on Neurontin since the middle 90's from getting neuropathy from AZT, ddI etc.   Not on the dose I am right now, but the diabetes also makes neuropathy worse, especially if it's not controlled.  Everyone reacts differently to meds.  I try to remember that. 

Wendy, that chicken enchilada casserole sounds so good.   Hey, when you put the spiders outside, do you say "Buddha thanks you?"  I have a friend that does that. 

Snow, a pork steak is a certain cut of pork I suppose.  That's what it's called.  It turned out really good.  I made corn-on-the-cob in the microwave and a baked potato (in the microwave).  I have another pork steak in the frig I might grill out tomorrow.  I'm not sure yet.  Oh yeah, I've had Jack Daniels bbq sauce.  It is good. 

Andrea, I'm glad you're happy with your classroom.  I think being happy at work is important. 

Well, I'm back from the speak a thon.  It went well.  There was a main speaker who has 5 years clean.  She did a good job.  Other than that, nothing else happening.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 09:09:48 pm »
LOL No I dont say anything. Except for maybe get out of here.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 09:28:21 pm »
Ok, I am having a fit because I am having technical issues with my games. I have been doing everything possible to try to fix it because I really don't want to have to get on the phone with someone from India. It happens to me all the time. I did email them but it may take 24 hours to get a reply which means I may not hear from them til freaking Tuesday. I may be forced to call... :-\

"Queen- Is the landlord looking to sell the building you are in? If he does that won't effect you will it?"

No, not at all, with us being on Section 8, we are guaranteed money. And they saw both of our apartments and know we are clean. Not sure when we will find out if they bought it. My landlord likes to send all his tenants memos on things. Which is nice, just not use to it.

Its not spicy. Kind of kid friendly. But you could add some hotter peppers to make it spicy.

That is a must, it has to be spicy. I am always buying hot peppers when I go shopping and likes eating jalapenos out the jar.

Well, I am off to do more trouble shooting...

P.S. Brandy--I told you she was going to use the phone excuse. And how adult of the 24 year old to pass out at his own party. Would've served him right if he did get robbed but kinda hard to knock her for being a friend, shows you raised her right.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 09:35:59 pm »
I think I may have used the excuse I was being a good friend by taking care of so and so while they where hammered. Then there is the old stand by excuses.

I couldnt find a phone. Or  They didnt have a phone.
"Like most of us we didnt have cell phones when I was a kid"

Ran out of gas?

I fell asleep on the couch.

Cant think of anymore right now. how about you ladies?

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 10:21:36 pm »
Good evening, my preciouses - is that even a word?  LOL..it is now!  My littlest man crawled into bed with me and fell asleep, so I'm sitting in my bed typing in the dark so I don't wake him up.  He's such a mama's boy ;D 

Shopping went well.  We had to stave off cousin's kids who thought they were entitled to any and everything they put their hands on.  "But my daddy..."  "Do I LOOK like your daddy?"  "If it bothered me not that your happy little butt was going to starve, why do you think it would bother me to leave your yelling flailing butt in this store and walk away?"  I know, I know, they've had it rough.  Well NOBODY is doing them any favors by giving into them and trying to buy  them happiness.   I wanted to knock my cousin (and my aunt and uncle) upside the head and yell "BE A PARENT ALREADY!"

Ok, whew, that felt good ;D.

Moving along, I took the girls to the fabric store to pick out some snuggle flannel so I could make them new PJ pants.  And, yes, I bought the girl some, too. Good grief, I'm not totally heartless.  Then, we ran a few more errands, bought all the kids icecream, and brought them home.  Mini wanted to get into her birthday presents and learn how to cross-stitch.  To make a very long story short, it took her 35 minutes to get 8 stitches done.  I didn't take into account how painfull it would be to teach a dyslexic with no one-to-one coorespondence (counting skills) or short-term memory skills, AND fine motor difficulties how to cross-stitch.  I even started her out with a stamped project to get her used to the movements and make things easier and less stressful.  BULL CRAP!  I was ready to pull out my hair and thank goodness that after those 8 stitches it was time for me to start dinner.  Of course after church tomorrow, we have the whole rest of the day.  YEAH!  Maybe she'll finish the butterfly - she's only got about 20 more stitches to go ::)  Then we move on to the fun part - the other 500 stitches :o.  My cross stitching is my therapy.  Her cross stitching is going to put me IN therapy.

If you are a fan of James Patterson, I just finished his latest book "Step on a Crack".  In it he introduces a new detective named John Bennett. The book is fabulous!!  I fell in love with the man when i read on the back cover that Bennett is a father of 10 - all adopted! ;D  It's a great book.  Walmart has it here for $6.49, so not too bad.

Ok, ladies, I need to hit the sack and get my beauty sleep.  Up until now, it hasn't worked, but I'm the eternal optimist. :P

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2008, 11:09:06 am »
"If it bothered me not that your happy little butt was going to starve, why do you think it would bother me to leave your yelling flailing butt in this store and walk away?" 

Mum, you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have the same sarcastic, dry humor when it comes to spoiled kids. 

Note I don't have any of my own, lol.  I DID speak to my niece in much the same way you thought about "the girl."  LOL  Although my niece knows better than to make a scene in a store.  Goodness, I would've walked away, too!   :o   :o

OK, so I don't have any children, but guess what is happening tonight?!?!?!?!?

I am meeting Iceman's youngest at his place for dinner before she goes back to her Mom's.  The older kid is at the beach, the one who spotted me in the department store last June.

So, I get to meet Iceman's Mini-Me tonight!  I am so excited!  She just learned how to ride a bike yesterday, too, with Dad's help!

Wish me luck, Cheech and I are heading over this afternoon!   :D

Also, Mum, I admire your patience with Mini and the cross-stitching.  Who knows?  Maybe she'll get the hang of it!  I loved arts and crafts at that age!

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2008, 01:36:45 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Queen, I hope your games get fixed without too much hassle from the people from India (ugh).

Mum, sounds like you got your hands full.

Cin, mucho good luck meeting the kid.  I know you'll do fine.  btw, did you see what I posted about the Sustiva/Neurontin?

Wendy, to tell you the truth, I can't remember exactly what I told my mum when I started staying out all night. After awhile, she got the hang of it and just stopped asking (but still yelled).  She sent me to my room one time and I came back in the front door about four hours later drunk off my ass (I went out the window). 

I've got the other pork steak in the oven.  I put some gravy on it, because I didn't feel like cooking on the grill today.  I was thinking about going to church earlier, but didn't.  I slept in instead.  I've got tonight and tomorrow before school starts.  And both classes are on Tues. and Wed. nights, the same days I'm at the Hope.  Oh well, it'll make the days go by fast.

Nothing else going on.  Three more days until the 3rd.  Unfortunately, the tags on my car are due, so that's $62 gone already (besides regular bills).  I have to keep the tags current since my car is parked in the street.  Cars without valid tags get towed and impounded.  I do not want to deal with that mess.  Alright, you ladies have a nice day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2008, 03:30:27 pm »
Good luck meeting Ice's little "cube".  I'd be scared outta my mind.

Betty, LOL about climbing out the window.  Growing up my bedroom was on the 2nd floor.  Right after I hit puberty, my parents built a rock garden under one of my windows, complete with HUGE sticker bushes.  To guard the other window, they moved the chimney in front of it.  I remember complaining that in a fire I would die.  My mom told me to go out the window with the sticky bushes.  Given the choice of getting stuck or dying, I should choose getting stuck.  However, I should keep in mind that if I got stuck sneaking out my window, I would get stuck AND die.  LOL..what a mom! :P

Mini's bugging me to restart her cross-stitch lesson  :-\  Poor thing only wants to be like her mama...like I said, poor thing ;)

We're going to my parents' house tomorrow for swimming and eating.  We leave next Sunday for the beach - oh, joy, joy (that was sarcasm).  At the moment, my dad is sitting on the TX, LA border with his chopper waiting to see if he can be of some help.  So far, the mayor or NO and the governor of LA have both said that he will NOT be allowed to help those who choose to ignore the mandatory evacuation.  They have warned people to get out, or deal with the consequences on their own.  I have to say that, after seeing dad's footage of post-Katrina, I totally agree.  Anyway, we hope he gets out in time to come home before we leave.  If not, we won't talk about the consequences he's going to face :o

Haven't heard from Hubby's family, but as of Thursday, they were leaving on Friday and yesterday.  The phone lines are jammed, so we can't call in.  Not sure where they are heading, but we know (hope) they have scense to get out.

Hope you all have a great Sunday and for those who are off tomorrow, a great holiday!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »
Hi GFs~

Meeting Ice's youngest went well!  She was a little shy, but I got her to open up before too long.  We had fun making fun of Iceman and his obsession with watching golf on TV all of the time!

Ice has to drive 45 minutes one way to one of his stores bec the mgr didn't lock the front door.  The alarm company just called, so Ice is pissed.  He is going to fire some of the guys and write up another one for being such dorks.  None of them would answer their cell phones tonight.

Mum, I hope the family is OK down near NOLA.  I have a coworker from there.  Her entire family, a big family, is down there.  She's the only one that relocated years ago.  Turns out one of her siblings lost everything from Katrina.  Personally, I would move the hell NORTH, but that's not always an option, nor do people want to leave the place they call "home."

Betty, yes, I read about thge neurontin in the other thread, thanks for posting.  Thing is, I have absolutely NO pain from this, just balance probs.  Makes me wonder if its a combo of bad neck and HIV.  Penguin shed some light with her post, mentioning vestibular system and optic nerve stuff.  I am calling my doc Tuesday.

Hugs to all!

~Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2008, 09:48:33 pm »
Cindy-I am glad everything went well tonight. I'm sure it was nerve wracking for both of you. My parents divorced 3 years ago and my mom is engaged to someone else and my dad has dated multiple women and it is still hard and I am an adult! When do you meet the older one?

Mum-Should I say have a good trip? LOL! Maybe it won't be as bad as you think.

Betty-Enjoy your last couple of days!!!

Well it's pretty quite. I'm can't find anything to watch on tv.... :(  Oh well...let the channel surfing continue!

Have a good night everyone!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 08:42:13 am »
Quiet morning here.  I get to meet the oldest in 2 weeks.  I am happy to have the day off today.  I put in for vacation on Friday so I have a 3-day workweek.   ;D

Cheech and I are having coffee and donuts.  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:07 am »
Morning ladies,

First of all, happy labor day to everyone.

Mum, have you heard from your father?  I'm wishing him and your hubby's family the best of luck.  It doesn't look like it's going to be as bad as Katrina (at least not this morning).  Hopefully it won't be anyway.  I hope you have a nice day today cooking out and swimming.  When you say you're going to the beach in a week, do you mean renting a cottage somewhere?

Cin, I'm glad everything went well meeting the youngest one.  I knew it would.    Yes, Penguin is right on when she gives advice.  I read what she said and I'd check into it.   And hey, after I read you're (and Cheech) having donuts, it made me want one!  What are your plans today?

Andrea, enjoy your day off.  Any plans?

In about an hour I'm leaving to go to my best friend's mom's house for a cookout.  I'm going to go by Meijer's to get something to take on the way there (a local grocery store, not sure if anyone else has Meijer's by them).  I'll probably be there most of the afternoon/early evening.  I know my best friend made bbq ribs and chicken, so I'm getting hungry already.

The other night, I was watching this show on BET called "American Gangster."  They were profiling different men who had been involved with crime etc.  Well, the one I watched interviewed and profiled the man who "The Wire" based a lot of its shows on.  I wish I could remember his name.  Anyway, on The Wire in the first couple seasons when the dope dealers used numbers when they called each other, well, that was this man's invention.  It was quite interesting.  When they started filming The Wire, they brought this man on board to consult on how to do things on the show. 

Anyway, I've rambled long enough.  I hope all you ladies have a nice day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 12:27:18 pm »
I'm sitting on my butt relaxing at Iceman's house.  That hot thing rode his Harley to work today, and should be home soon.  Maybe we'll cook out on the grill.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 05:37:21 pm »
Not much going on with me today...I woke up, smoked a couple, drank a margarita, ate some ribs then went back to sleep til about 3:30. My best friend wants me to stop over but I am still pondering it. I am just tired today for some reason. I guess I just don't feel like socializing. Hope you all are enjoying your holiday, it just feels like another Sunday to me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:02 pm »
OM word a lothas happened over the past couple of days.

i am just chilling at the Bf's place. a drama sprinkled weekend i might say. AHHHHHHH i want to vent so much but....................its a long story i cant explain but the short version is i use my real name here and my bf might be joining the blogs..... so my little outlet might be blown. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nway so umm i hv a problem but i will get to it at a later date when i know he has lost interest in the blogs.LMAO

Drag, i am in ontarioi just gave u the province not the city i dont know why maybe i am just paranoid but i am abt an hour outside toronto. who do u know or have u been here before.and ummm whr r u? coz if i evr come out that way i will give her a mouthful. in Canada she would get a bad rep and noone would come near her. even if she ws  the only one in town plus some sort of lawsuit. but i want to give her a mouthful of african words!!!

Brandy!!! i chuckled to myself reading abt yo daughter. its funny how as i was reading it i knew what she would say. no offence but  i m kinda among the younger in the group.........and i hv done all the excuses in the book and evented some till about a few years ago. so trust me the whole story is utter bull unless she is like the one in a million cases which it wld be  true but her fone dying when it actually wasnt...............well she hd some fun alright!!! my advice is just like everyone else's dont get too mad but let her know u know all the tricks in the book and that the rules still apply she agreed to them so she shld stick to them. my mum  alwaya said when a boy has good intentions for u, he wont ask u to do really stupid things, like staying out late past yo curfew. invite th eboy over and explain to him yo expectations. if he has a good head on his shoulders he will help her stay on track with the rules at yo place. if he is a bad boy............. then i am stuck, my advice ends there.........thats how i got my baby, a bad boy!!!

Tendai, tell us what happened? and what r u doing meeting people from facebook? didnt the guy  hv a picture or something,LMAO ahhhh but thats funny tho.

angel thx abt the glasses, i am still nervous..... i havent got them yet.

mum u r hilarious. i hope Mini had a great birthday. u shld PM yo adress or something i will send her a gift. it wont be much but i she looks like a girly girl to me............. she will love presents as much as i do...

to everyone else it took me a whole eveing to read thru the thread so if i missed u i will catch u next time...Betty ,Cindy, Wini, Netta....hugs and kisses and yes, Queen too
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 11:07:12 pm »
oh yes, abt Obama, if i was american i wld vote for him. abt time bush got out of there. i am impressed by Obama, he has humble beginnings, something most politicians might lack or seem to forget. politics is a dirty business, but i feel he will change what needs to be changed. stop  pouring money into the war against iraq and put it use somewhr else. i was at a conference once and the amount of money they spend in week or month or something would be enuff to stop the spread of AIDS in the whole world!!!the entire world...... but wat does bush do???? lets just say i hv strong opinions on that but VOTE OBAMA!!!!!!
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline minismom

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2008, 11:18:04 pm »
Howdy my sweet ladies.  I'm going to start off by wishing my Pozilicious Lady BETTY TACY a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Love you loads, doll.

My dad called this afternoon and all is well so far with him.  He moved the helicopter to Mississippi about 30 miles from the TN border.  Tomorrow he'll go register the helicopters and fill out permits so that he can fly into restricted airspace.  He'll start doing search and rescue and work with the electric company flying in crews and equipment to fix downed power lines.  All airports are closed until at least Wednesday.  They are still saying that he'll be home by Thursday, but we'll see.

My brother lives in Baton Rouge which got hit pretty good, too.  He lives in an apartment just outside of LSU campus.  When my mom talked to him a couple of days ago, he'd already bought 20lbs of ice and provisions for food that didn't need to be cooked (in case of power outtage) and 10 gallons of water.  So, it sounds like he's settled in to wait out the storm.  We heard from Hubby's family today and everyone got out and are well.  It was a relief.

Betty, when we go to the beach, we stay at the Turtle Cay in VA beach.  My mom makes all the arrangements.  We always have what are called "lock out" rooms which gives us tons of beds, 3 bathrooms, and 2 full kitchens.  I cook all the meals (we picnic for lunch and eat out 1x at Fish Bones) and we always have a washer / dryer in the room so I do laundry, too.  Like I said, not much of a vacation for me :-\.  My parents pay for everything but our gas, so it's hard to pass up. Plus it means a lot to my mom, so I don't complain.  I still hate the beach, though.

Well, Mini has her fasting blood work and HIV labs tomorrow morning.  We have to leave our house no later than 6:30am, arrive about 7:45am, off to the lab, then see the doc at 8:30am.  We'll get all her numbers except her VL while we're there.  Then on Friday, we'll go see her PID and WWIII begins. :o.

I am totally exhausted and actually fell asleep at the computer.  I need to head off to bed.  I need my beauty sleep ::).  I'll let you all know Mim's numbers when I get home.

Much love and sweet dreams :-*
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 08:15:48 am »
Good Morning! Didn't really do anything this weekend...enjoyed it!

Betty-I didn't know today was your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ;D

Mum- I'm glad everything is ok with your family. Vacations are always more work then they seem. I always say that you need a vacation from the vacation!

Tatenda- I don't know if I said Hello, so Hi! :)

I hope everyone else is doing well! Talk to you later!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008, 09:39:30 am »

Betty

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2008, 10:07:01 am »
Happy Birthday, Betty!!!

Tendai- Is it yours today too?  If so, Happy Birthday!

Mum- Glad your Dad is OK.  I hope you survive the beach :)

Tatenda- Try not to worry about your bf and keep with us for your own sake :)

I did nothing yesterday but clean.  Our upstairs bedroom was finally ready to move our furniture in so that is what I did all day.  I can't tell you how nice it is now, to get up and pee in the middle of the night and just walk 10 steps in and 10 steps back, PLUS I can hear what the kids up to.
I was laying down resting last night before I had to make supper and my youngest came in and starts squeezing my arm and saying "Let's go to the gargage".  So I say"the garage" and he goes " Yeah, get up, the garage" while he is steading squeezing my arm.  So I sit up and then he goes "lay on your back"  "I was already on my back, you mean my stomach?"  "Yeah" he says.  So I lay on my stomach and rubs and squeezes my shoulders for about 2 seconds and says " See, garage!"  I start laughing and ask him " Your trying to give me a massage?" "Yeah," he says, with a huge grin on his face.  They are all getting so big, I almost started to cry when my oldest went in the school today :-[ 

I hope everyone has a good day!  I will be glad when tomorrow comes, right, Betty?  ;D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:25 am »

To Tendai and anyone else that is having a birthday

LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2008, 10:39:41 am »
Hey ladies,

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes.  And Tendai, if your bd is today, have a great one!

Snow, I didn't know your b.d. was this month also.  Lots of good people born in Sept.!

Anyway, I'm late getting on, and I really have to go.  More later.  Luv you all.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2008, 11:57:11 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY AND TENDAI

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2008, 02:59:09 pm »
Happy Birthday Betty and Tendai. I hope you are enjoying the day doing something special for yourselves. I always pamper myself on my bday. I had a semi date last night, really would be considered a booty call by the time he came over. But I didn't give up no booty, we just talked. We met again for the second time time on a chatline. It's a local one they have here. So, tonight I have another date, I am going over his house after he gets off of work....And he works construction....All I can say is YUM!!!! But I also think it is kind of karma in some type of way too. SO, I am going to ride it out and see how it goes. Neither one of us is looking for a relationship at present, so to me, it's a win-win situation. Did I mention he is 27.... ;) :o ;D

Thursday I go to get trained on how to give myself Lantus shots. Betty or Cindy, does the shot hurt? I have thin needles to go with the pen. Any advice, I could use it. Then after that I have to go to two dietary classes. My clinic just penciled me in for an appointment tomorrow, though it is a busy day for me paying bills, I couldn't say no because I missed clinic last month.

I called the PUC about the gas bill budget plan and how they quoted me one price then charged me another. The woman couldn't understand how they could do that but told me all I needed to pay was the current bill which is $25.00. I kept asking her if they could shut off my gas if I didn't pay the budget plan and she said no as long as I pay the current so that's what I will do.

That's about it for me, excited about my date. I'll keep you posted.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline daisychain

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2008, 03:13:31 pm »
Happy Birthday to those celebrating this month

love
Angelx

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2008, 03:58:17 pm »
Happy Birthday to 2 very special ladies, Betty & Tendai   :-*  :-*

I havent had much time to get online with preparing for my work thing abroad. Im quite tense and overeating for it  >:(. But I'll be fine as soon as its over next week. I just updated myself with the thread. Mucho hugs to everyone

PS Tatenda Im in the Netherlands. but thanks for offering  ;)

PS PS Cindy glad it went so well with the kiddo, i knew it

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2008, 04:07:19 pm »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I don't have the "pen," but I do have very thin needles.  No, the shot doesn't hurt.  You're going to use your stomach?  That's what I use (I have the padding).  It'll be alright.  Before long, you'll be an old pro. ;)    Oh, and good luck on the date.  27, aye?  Girl, you might have just hit the jackpot!

Drag, working abroad?  Did I miss something earlier?  Good luck with it.  Hey, I always overeat on the weekends.  I'm trying to just not get stressed about it anymore.

Keeping and Angel (and Drag and Queen) thanks for the happy birthday wishes.  I'm not doing anything special today though.  This morning/afternoon I was at the Hope for the volunteer job, then tonight school starts (ugh), which I'm dreading.  Well, maybe not though once the class is over.  I'll know more tonight.  I really don't have a lot of time right now, so I'm going to check out a few more threads and take off.  Have a great night ladies.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 07:32:54 pm »
I wanted to wish Betty  A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Tendai, too?  Happy Birthday, I can't keep up with these darn threads.

Queen, the shots DO NOT hurt.  Only thing you're gonna feel, if anything, is the alcohol from where you wipe your skin.  Its nothing, honest.  I don't even use alcohol swabs anymore.  I suggest sitting and using the top of your thigh, its easiest, esp if you have the privacy of your own home most of the time.  Later on you can switch to your upper left arm, or butt.  Stomach was the last place I ever gave a shot, personal preference, but that's where all of the damn nurses train everyone to do it.

I refused to give myself a shot there when I was 11 years old.   ;D

To this day, I think I've only done it once, just for kicks, and tha'ts a lot of shots between 1981 and now, lol.   :-*

Called my ID doc today and will see him on 9/16 regarding the balance/neuropathy/whatever the hell it is....issues.  LOL
~Cindy

Offline netta

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 12:05:41 am »
Happy birthday! BettY and Tendai! hope you enjoyed your day. Just checkingin will write more tomorrow or later today because it is already today ,lol
"to thine own self be true"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:40 am »
Morning ladies,

Cin and Netta, thanks for the happy birthday wishes.  Nothing spectacular happened.  I'm 43 now.

Class went well last night.  I think this might be an interesting one.  We're going to study the national economy and the world economy.  The teacher is really nice.  I've not had him before, but I like him.  His wife's in the class.  So, it may not be as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

Tonight's class is government.  It may be interesting, this being an election year and all.  I'm up early because of this being check day and me having to go to the Hope.  There are a couple things I want to get done before heading over there a little later.  I really have nothing more to report right now.  I'll try to check in later.  Have a good day ladies.

Offline mahalia

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 07:06:06 am »
hiya sweet ladies, howdy?

been a while...well we had no network for almost a week, then had to catch up on days lost!i know i just know wont be catch up on every post but a happy belated to Tendai, Betty and Mini; hope i didn't leave anybody else. it happens to be mine today and m feeling so crappy!pp's of all days, now thats what i call a party pooper!will try make the most of it tho. i think ma BF has forgot ma bday and i aint saying nothin to the dude, wil take maself out tonite...

m out, will pass by later today

Offline mahalia

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 07:09:36 am »
Betty- u 43?m 25, so i wanna try have a nice one, maybe put on sum sexy jeans, makeup, oh ma awesome heels and have dinner(well that wil be just dessert, am a little broke, hahaha!)sounds u'll have an interesting class...

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 10:26:45 am »
Happy Birthday Mahalia!!

hope it turns out nice after all.

(wish I was 25 again... sigh)
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2008, 10:35:26 am »

I'd settle for my 25 year old body back LOL

Offline netta

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2008, 04:34:33 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAHALIA! _ well I guess everyones paying there bills today.You wouldn't believe I go to get my car fixed and it cost twice as much as I had figured, but I had to do it. Now I have to be creative with paying my bills, phone and rent paid, cable will probably get cut off along with internet, :'(
Paid a little on my electric and have to borrow money to pay my car insurance and bankruptcy. It never gets easy! Well I feel like crap today. My sinus is driving me crazy, my head and my whole face hurts, so I have been sleeping , I went and bought some severe sinus by Tylenol, and still waiting for it to kick in, it looks like I may have to go for the Goody powder if this doesn't work. I feel very off balance. I will call my doctor, but i hate taking antibiotics for my sinus, it works, but then next few weeks its back ! I was told hiv causes bad sinuses, one of the things we must deal with i guess.i went to buy a nettie pot but have to wait it cost 16.00 here in Georgia. Well love to all of you and hope you are well. Oh by the way I got two parts in  2 short plays at church during bible study. I have rehearsal tonite, I am part of the drama ministry and did a big production a few years back where i was the lead role. I have been acting a long time in church and local productions and i really like it. Now i don't know most of the people that  tried out but i already feel a little jealousy, because i got two major parts in both skits. we deal with forgiveness this month , the skits are on abortion and rape, real heavy topics, in the church, but it sends a good message of forgiving oneself for these things that have taken place in life. I am a little nervous, and I don't feel great with this sinus but I am going to rehearsal anyway, just one more thing to put in my resume.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:49:38 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.