Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 334
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Secret Service May Not Have Been Secret Enough  (Read 9456 times)

Offline tednlou2

Secret Service May Not Have Been Secret Enough
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:25:02 am »
Just Breaking.... At least a dozen Secret Service agents have been relieved of duty and sent home from President Obama's trip to Columbia.  They are being investigated for having relations with prostitutes.  I didn't know prostitution was legal there.  Ok, everyone needs a little release.  And, they have a very stressful job.  But, if these allegations are true, it would seem to open themselves up to security issues--blackmail or picking up some STD that would hinder their ability to perform the job.  They were on the "advance" team. 

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/13/11190256-secret-service-agents-sent-home-from-colombia-involvement-with-prostitutes-alleged

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Secret Service May Not Have Been Secret Enough
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 06:15:39 am »

Oh crap.... Fox news is going to have a field day with this. The president was just in Tampa yesterday promoting trade,  before making this trip.   Damn !

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/4/13/president_obama_to_s

ARTAGENA, Colombia (AP) --

A dozen Secret Service agents with President Barack Obama at an international summit have been relieved of duty because of allegations of misconduct.

The Associated Press received an anonymous tip that the misconduct involved prostitutes in Cartagena, Colombia, the site of the Summit of the Americas. A Secret Service spokesman would neither confirm nor deny the allegation.

A U.S. official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter and requested anonymity, put the number of agents at 12. The agency was not releasing the number of personnel involved.

The incident threatened to overshadow Obama's economic and trade agenda at the summit and embarrass the U.S. The White House had no comment.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan would not confirm that prostitution was involved, saying only that there had been "allegations of misconduct" made against Secret Service personnel in the Colombian port city hosting Obama and more than 30 world leaders.

Donovan said the allegations of misconduct were related to activity before the president's arrival Friday night.

Obama was attending a leaders' dinner Friday night at Cartagena's historic Spanish fortress. He was due to attend summit meetings with regional leaders Saturday and Sunday.

Those involved had been sent back to their permanent place of duty and were being replaced by other agency personnel, Donovan said. The matter was turned over to the agency's Office of Professional Responsibility, which handles the agency's internal affairs.

"These personnel changes will not affect the comprehensive security plan that has been prepared in advance of the president's trip," Donovan said.

---

Associated Press writer Frank Bajak contributed to this report.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
Okie Dokie.  Here we go....
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »
  But, if these allegations are true, it would seem to open themselves up to security issues--blackmail or picking up some STD that would hinder their ability to perform the job.  They were on the "advance" team. 

Because safesex with a prostitute is an STD risk?  And because if you have an STD you can't do your job?

Ok for the blackmail and maybe just a question of respecting the dignity of the job.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »

What's the issue?? ???

It's always best to get these economic programs initiated as quickly as possible. 8)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »
What I read is only one hired a prostitute and the others kept his secret.  big freaking deal.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:34:30 pm »
Or rather, did NOT pay the prostitute, which caused the problems?!

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/04/obamas-secret-service-detail-colombia-prostitution-misconduct.html

Service detail had been recalled over a scandal involving local prostitutes. The twelve agents relieved of duty face accusations of misconduct stemming from at least one incident, according to former Washington Post reporter Ronald Kessler (and author of In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes With Agents in the Line of Fire and the President They Protect). Kessler first passed on this intel to the Post, which broke the story yesterday, and later commented to CNN that it all began when "one of the agents did not pay one of the prostitutes, and she complained to the police." Or, as former Secret Service agent and current Maryland senatorial candidate Daniel Bongino, who left the agency in May, put it to the Times: "A confrontation ensued, and it didn’t end well."     

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »
Have the TV on in the background, jsut heard a clip about a roomservice maid entering one of the agents room and seeing a line of "white stuff" .

Yeehaw! Coke and Hoes for everyone!  8)

-W

PS- for those keeping track, the Ho count is up to 16.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »
I didn't know prostitution was legal there. 

Prostitution in Colombia (someday my fellow Americans will learn to spell it properly  ;)) is legal in designated "tolerance zones".  Still, some American and European tourists procure these services without ever having to leave their hotel room.  Tourists with money get to do as they wish when they visit the so-called "third world."

Sadly, this event has probably gained more attention in the U.S. than the actual matters being discussed during the conference.  Nonetheless (and luckily), the image that's been tarnished is that of the individuals who decided to have fun with a few working gals and not that of Colombia itself.

Interestingly, the latest issue of the European version of Time magazine focuses on the summit and on the economic/social progress made by this South American nation --they note how it has gone from a nearly failed state to a fast-paced emerging economy.  But who cares about that stuff, right?  The salacious (and the opportunity for Faux News to try and discredit Obama) is always more exciting to the uneducated masses.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
Sadly, this event has probably gained more attention in the U.S. than the actual matters being discussed during the conference.  Interestingly, the latest issue of the European version of Time magazine focuses on the summit and on the economic/social progress made by this South American nation --they note how it has gone from a nearly failed state to a fast-paced emerging economy.  But who cares about that stuff, right?  The salacious (and the opportunity for Faux News to try and discredit Obama) is always more exciting to the uneducated masses.

Sadly, even without this SS blowup, this colombian visit would have gotten only token "top of the hour"coverage. Afterall Kim KArdashain is running for mayor, 'tis much more newsworthy right?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »
Sadly, even without this SS blowup, this colombian visit would have gotten only token "top of the hour"coverage. Afterall Kim KArdashain is running for mayor, 'tis much more newsworthy right?

Oh, honey. Methinks she's going to run for prezuhdant in 2016. Her "first man" will be Kanye-the-Douchebag West.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 08:21:28 pm »
Speaking of Colombia -- there's a new title on tlavideo.com called "Barebacking in Colombia". I bet some of Rev.'s cousins are in it.

(I would provide a link but donchaknow that's frowned upon!)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:31:00 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 08:24:52 pm »
Speaking of Columbia -- there's a new title on tlavideo.com called "Barebacking in Columbia". I bet some of Rev.'s cousins are in it.

Mah Rev is colombian? Swoonz. luv me some coloombians.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:27:50 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 08:29:55 pm »

Actually she's Jewlombian.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:46 pm »
Speaking of Colombia -- there's a new title on tlavideo.com called "Barebacking in Colombia". I bet some of Rev.'s cousins are in it.

Heh, I'd love to see that.  But the only gay cousin on the Colombian side of my family lives in NYC (and he threw himself back in the closet for some reason that I never understood --apparently he REALLY wanted to have a kid, whatevah).

Thought ya knew  :P

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:50 pm »
Heh, I'd love to see that.  But the only gay cousin on the Colombian side of my family lives in NYC (and he threw himself back in the closet for some reason that I never understood --apparently he REALLY wanted to have a kid, whatevah).

Oh please -- you know she'll still be sneaking off here every few months behind the wife's back, then he'll get AIDS and claim the source was of an immaculate nature.

ps: omg MEMORIES http://youtu.be/sUDh-J6aqtI

The Latino gay scene in Queens is just delectably cha cha to the max.

http://youtu.be/vLsGJQdEDnc
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:24:51 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:58 pm »

Thought ya knew  :P

actually thought you were African American. dont know why.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:03 pm »

ps: omg MEMORIES http://youtu.be/sUDh-J6aqtI

The Latino gay scene in Queens is just delectably cha cha to the max.

http://youtu.be/vLsGJQdEDnc

It certainly is!  Love it and miss it.

The one place here in Miami that was as cha cha was the Waterfront (Ozone tried really hard, but it was a bit too reffy).  Sadly it was shut down it in 95 or 96. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »
It certainly is!  Love it and miss it.

The one place here in Miami that was as cha cha was the Waterfront (Ozone tried really hard, but it was a bit too reffy).  Sadly it was shut down it in 95 or 96. 

I'm sure I went to both of those places at one point. Neither was actually in South Beach, right? Wasn't Ozone the place Tenaglia DJ'd at before moving back to NYC? That would have been late 80's though and you were too young. Oh, he just kindasorta announced his retirement yesterday. We'll see how long that lasts.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »
I'm sure I went to both of those places at one point. Neither was actually in South Beach, right? Wasn't Ozone the place Tenaglia DJ'd at before moving back to NYC? That would have been late 80's though and you were too young. Oh, he just kindasorta announced his retirement yesterday. We'll see how long that lasts.

You're correct; neither one was in South Beach. Waterfront was somewhere by the airport and Ozone was a couple of blocks from the U of M. The place where Tenaglia DJ'd for a while was in South Miami.  Its name was Cheers. And yeah, I didn't get to see him there as I was too young (and living in New York at the time).

I have fond memories of everything that he did for Tribal, especially his mixes of Vanessa Daou's music. Little bit of random info: I talked to him several times back in 95-97 when I was a music buyer for the main record shop in Coral Gables.  Though I'm sure you actually got to hang out with him at Twilo and the Tunnel.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »
Though I'm sure you actually got to hang out with him at Twilo and the Tunnel.

Please girl -- I once took her out to some cheesy bar in Jackson Heights to see Puerto Rican strippers.

And then there was that time she made a surprise appearance at my birthday dinner at Odeon to inform everyone she'd just spoke to Junior Vasquez for the first time in years, and magically my name came up in the conversation. Junior had asked Danny if he knew me, and when Danny said yes Junior said I was a nasty bitch. We all got a huge LOL out of that one.

I haven't talked to Danny in years though -- he de-friended me on facebook for making a joke when Michael Jackson keeled over.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 12:26:53 am »
Junior had asked Danny if he knew me, and when Danny said yes Junior said I was a nasty bitch.

as if.  Isn't she like the biggest bitch evah?

I haven't talked to Danny in years though -- he de-friended me on facebook for making a joke when Michael Jackson keeled over.

Well deserved. How dare you?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:28:30 am by Rev. Moon »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »

Clicky here for pictars of "Dania", the working gal at the root of this escándalo.  Worry not, they're all rated G.  I'm sure Philicia will take care of unearthing some NC17 images.

The woman who shamed the Secret Service: 'Colombian hooker' who shook the White House after Obama's agent wouldn't pay for sex

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132293/Secret-Service-scandal-Pictures-Colombian-prostitute-Dania-shook-White-House.html

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:28 am »
I'm surprised that Dania attempted to obtain $800 for a full night -- surely that can't be the normal rate in Cartagena.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »
I'm surprised that Dania attempted to obtain $800 for a full night -- surely that can't be the normal rate in Cartagena.

Maybe that included the "I don't go screaming to the press" fee for international dignitaries, obviously a bargin given the circumstances.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 10:49:11 pm »

IKR? Especially when you consider:

1. The not so fancy locale where she was "hired"
2. The fact that rent in the part of Cartagena where she resides is probably no more than $300 or $400 a month (and if I'm not mistaken she's only renting a room).

Good for her though.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.