Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:43:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 261
Total: 262

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues  (Read 49864 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:55:38 am »
Hey ladies,

Netta, good luck with the move!  You must be excited.

Another week.  Nothing planned for today other than the temp job.  I just thought I'd start a new thread, since it was time.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline camille07

Re: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:58:58 am »
Is it really summer?  Because here in jersey it's still raining  :-\

Queen-  I had hauls cough drops this winter.  They were sugar free but didn't realize it.  I started cramping and before you know it, I had the same problem you were dealing with.
I'm don't know very much about diabetes but I'm guessing you and Betty and Mini all have type 1?

Just posting quickly today.  Didn't sleep very well.  Have a good one ladies.

Camms

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:39:19 am »
Cam, I'm not sure about what type Mim has, but her's is controlled, for now, by diet only.  Betty and Queen have  to take meds.  We've been told that oral meds may be in Mim's future, but they want to wait until after she hits puberty.  When you were on Advair, did it make you sleepy and overly thirsty? What about headaches?  I don't like abuterol. It raises my heart rate and makes me jittery.  I use it as a last (and desperate) resort.

Netta, good luck with the move!

Betty, have fun at work today.  Thanks for starting the new thread.  My pulmonary test is this afternoon followed by my Yoga class.  Boys are mowing the grass so not a very good lung day.  I'd love to have a breathing treatment (even with the jitters)  about now, but don't want to risk messing up the test results. 

Nothing else going on today.  Weather was sunny yesterday, so I did the laundry and hung it all out to dry.  Supposed to be dry here until Thursday - longest stretch of dry we've had so far.  Working hard to keep up with the laundry before it pours the rain again.  I may end up sneaking in a nap before lunch.

Make it a good one, ladies!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:48:26 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Netta, good luck with the move. I'll be doing it soon.

Betty&Mum---I am still drinking the crystal lite. The cramps are basically gone except for every now and then. I think I am actually pretty good with my diet except when it comes to stuff like rice and potatoes. I just love them. I usually don't eat candy much at all. I usually go for fruit instead. I have have type 2 diabetes. Type 1 is when you have it as a child isn't it? I have been diabetic for about 5 years now. It's hereditary so it was inevitable. I bitch a lot but I don't think my high sugar, which is usually in the high 200's is that bad. I use to know people who would run in the 500-600 range. I have increased my insulin to 56 units. It seems to be doing something, yesterday it was 197 and today it was 138.

Not doing much today. I have to tidy up a little bit, the section 8 inspector is suppose to come tomorrow. I also found out that NY section 8 gives you a year to find a place. Here they give you 60 days. But I am sure I will find a place before a year is up. When I go back in 10 days (yep, still counting), one of the things I will be doing is looking for a place. I have already mailed out one application for an apartment building in Astoria.

It's finally warm today. My bff is bbqing so I may go up there later for a burger. Tonight is RAW so I will be watching that. Wonders if Tendai has caught up with me yet. I don't want to give anything away...

Toodles...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:30 pm »
Hey all!

Betty- Thanks for starting the new thread. How did the new temp job go?

Queen- I am sure these are going to be the 10 longest days.... ;D

Camms- We finally snapped out of the "June Gloom" and the sun has come out...YAY!

Mum- I have always wanted to do Yoga and Pilates but I am intimidated since I have no idea what to do.

Nothing really going on here. Went to the gym today, which I have been doing everyday for a week now. I don't have an excuse anymore.  ;) In between that I've just been reading. Right now I am reading The Last Picture Show. I know it was a movie but I've never seen it and the books that movies are based on are usually WAY better. I also gave my dog a bath, which she loves...go figure. That's all.

Have a good evening everyone!
Andrea :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 05:52:27 am »
Morning ladies,

Camms, it's been raining tons here also.  And getting very uncomfortable outside (hot and humidity wise).  I don't know what's going on with all this moisture.  I'm type II diabetic also.

Mum, when will you get the results of your pulmonary tests?  I hope you were finally able to breathe yesterday.

Queen, believe me, I can tell people about how to keep their blood sugar lower better than I do my own.  It's very hard for me to stay away from things like chips and chocolate.  My blood sugar has been running around 90-130 in the mornings, and a bit higher in the evenings (sometimes much higher).  The medical establishment doesn't consider my sugar high unless it gets above 140.     Good luck finding an apartment in NY.  I know you can't wait to get back.

Andrea, wow, I can't believe you're going to the gym.  Are you feeling better as a result?  People who go regularly seem to. 

Something's going on with my computer, and I'm not sure what it is.  The screen is bouncing around when I type.  I don't know what causes that.  I hope I didn't get a virus.  It's extremely frustrating, so I'm going to end here.  I hope you all have a good day.

I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline camille07

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:24 am »
Hey Ladies-

The couch is becoming is real old now.  It's been about 6 days now but I'm getting out for a little while today.  I need to go to unemployment and will daintily have an ice pack in my pants.  I hope it doesn't leak.

Betty-  did you have that computer issue only on the poz site.  The same thing happened to me too just a second ago.  I hit the "page up" button to stop it.  I don't think it's a virus if this is the only site it occurred.

Mum- Advair made me shaky.  A friend uses Advair and she gets a little loopy when she first inhales it.  I think it affects everyone differently.  How are you feeling today?

Andrea-  Good for you.  Are you working specifically on cardio or strength training or combo.

Well, I have to run.  Run is extremely exaggerated btw.

Enjoy the sun if you've got it. 

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:34 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- I just had a major virus problem with my computer. I hope that's not what is going on with yours. As far as working out goes, I am the point where I have to. I do feel good after  :)

Camms- Recovering is always the worst. I would be getting bored too. I'm glad everything went ok. I am doing the whole thing at the gym. I have got to lose weight. I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I can't stand it.

Nothing really planned today. I am going to read another book. I just finished The Last Picture Show. Very good book. Of course I have to hit the gym as well... :)

Talk to you all later!
Andrea

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:33:47 am »
Morning Ladies---

I have this inspection today between 1-3. It'll take a whole 5 minutes. I'm up trying to get the cobwebs out. Actually, my hip was bothering me for some reason. It wasn't a cramp but something else. Hard to explain. I'm guessing I slept on it wrong.

The weather has been nice the past few days. It's suppose to be 80 today and 81 tomorrow. Did anyone know about the debit card you can get from Social Security? They put your payments on the card. I just got mine yesterday. It was right on time for everything that this going on plus my prepaid card expired this month.

Viv- You sure read a lot of books. I remember when I use to enjoy reading..*sighs* Seems like everyone is having problems with their computer. Mine was acting up too. I had to do a System Restore. I can't reformat anymore with the Windows XP disk. It says something about I have a more updated version than the disk or something. And I refuse to get Vista.

Betty-- The last time I saw a doctor, he told me to check just my fasting sugars in the morning when I get up. So, that is the only time I check it. How often should you check it? How many hours after meals? I remember the doctor saying I should eat five times a day. Not likely unless I'm smoking on some good green. That is usually when I eat something I shouldn't. But lately I have really been trying hard to eat/drink the right things. Speaking of which I need to check it now....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:46:25 am »
Morning all,

Camms, yes, the screen was only bouncing around on this site.  It's better right now.   How are you feeling?  I hope the healing is coming along uneventfully.

Andrea, that's good that you like working out.  I can work out, it's the dieting part that I have a hard time with.

Queen, I check my sugar usually twice a day.  Once in the morning right when I get up, and once in the late afternoon, about 4 or 5 hours after I've eaten lunch, which is my biggest meal. Sometimes, if I feel like it's high, I'll check it also.  I've heard about people eating 5-6 small meals a day; I don't do that.  I think more because I was never raised that way, and never lived that way, so it's harder to do it now.  Do you have fast-acting Insulin?  Because I have two different kinds.  I have the Lantus, which is the slow-acting, and I have Humulin-R, which is fast acting.  It will bring down a high sugar within two hours.  I was just wondering, because I have a friend who, until I told him about it, never heard of fast-acting.  I don't know why doctors don't tell some people about it.  I also take Metformin (pills).  1000 mgs twice a day. 

The temp today is supposed to be 92, and they're saying with the humidity factored in, it's supposed feel like 95-100.  OK, the screen is jumping around again, so that's it for now.

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 08:06:00 am »
Betty, that's what's been happening to me for a few months.  My posts get to a certain length and then the screen starts bouncing around.  I can't stand it - makes me motion sick.  Happens with my PM's, too.  Not sure what's up, but I know it's not my computer.

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 01:48:39 pm »
Good morning!

Betty- I am totally the same way. I do not want to give up any food so I figure I have to do something.

Queen- I love to read. Unfortunately, I don't have the same time I used to so I try to get as much in during the summer as I can.

Well, I am babysitting today so I'll be picking up some spending money. LOL! I also found out yesterday that next year I am going to be teaching 1st grade. What a surprise! I have been teaching for 8 years and have only taught 5th grade. It will be a a definite change. I am excited and scared. I am also sad because I won't be working with my partner anymore... :'( I hope I can handle the 6 year olds!

Talk to you all later!
Andrea

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:23:35 pm »
Queen, I check my sugar usually twice a day.  Once in the morning right when I get up, and once in the late afternoon, about 4 or 5 hours after I've eaten lunch, which is my biggest meal. Sometimes, if I feel like it's high, I'll check it also.  I've heard about people eating 5-6 small meals a day; I don't do that.  I think more because I was never raised that way, and never lived that way, so it's harder to do it now.  Do you have fast-acting Insulin?  Because I have two different kinds.  I have the Lantus, which is the slow-acting, and I have Humulin-R, which is fast acting.  It will bring down a high sugar within two hours.  I was just wondering, because I have a friend who, until I told him about it, never heard of fast-acting.  I don't know why doctors don't tell some people about it.  I also take Metformin (pills).  1000 mgs twice a day. 

That's the thing. I don't usually get up like everyone else. I usually sleep in til around 11 and doesn't eat til after 4. Speaking of which I need to get my meatloaf going.. :D I don't know anything about a fast acting insulin. I use to be to metformin but stopped because I was having terrible cramps. And does the fast acting insulin come in a pen like Lantus? I really don't like syringes or needles all like that. The pen is easier for me to manage. Today my fasting sugar which I just took like 20 minutes ago was 87, that's damn good and I don't feel jittery.

Since today was garbage day, I went through some closets and old mail throwing them out. In the end it came to about 3 bags including the kitchen garbage. I really don't have a whole lot to pack. I have already given my livingroom furniture to my best friend. She really needs it and I want something new once I get to NY. 8 days and counting....YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Well, I am off to get this meatloaf started...TTFN
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline camille07

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 07:33:59 pm »
Hey Ladies

Andrea-  That's a big age difference.  Did you put in a request of some sort or was completely a decision made by the administration?

Betty - Today I noticed a big difference on the recovery until my little cat jumped on my abdomen.  When I first got her I had to sleep on my stomach because she has this need to jump on my stomach, from high places.  So for the last 11 years I've slept on my stomach except for the last few nights.  I slept in my bed for the first time since the surgery and I was on my back.  And darn her, she took the leap.  

Anyway I have great news.  I got the pathology report today and it was a benign growth, besides the cysts.  That really made me sooo happy.  

Here's to night of peace and relaxation.

Have a good one,

Camms

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:38:23 pm »
Drug name: Humulin R Pen FDA application number:  018780
Active ingredients:  Insulin Recombinant Human
Company:  Lilly
Original Approval or Tentative Approval Date:  1982-10-28
Chemical Type:  1 New Molecular Entity (nme);
Review Classification:  S Standard Review Drug
Strength:  100 Units/ml
Dosage Form/Route:  Injectable; Injection
Marketing Status: Over-the-counter
RLD: 0
TE code: None
Type: Brand Name Drug

tendai

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 05:09:46 am »
im just going to jump in here. he wants us to go and get tested together. i havent disclosed yet. im thinking we should just do that and get it over with. that way i also know a his status

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 05:57:36 am »
Morning all,

Mum, yeah, it (the typing) only jumps around on this site. I don't know why that is, but it's aggravating.

Andrea, they are just switching you to 1st grade?  That's kind of a big difference.

Queen, I've never used a pen, so I don't even really know what those are like.  I use a needle.  But, the spike is extremely thin, so I don't really feel it except for the initial "pinch."  Your fasting sugar was really good.  When mine gets in the 80's, I start to get a little shakey.

Tendai, I'm sorry, I don't remember what you're talking about.  Good to hear from you though.

I have nothing exciting to report.  Still doing the temp job and enjoying it.  I see a lot of different kinds of people, and I like working with them.  Now if I could just find a regular job, that would be great.  You all have a good day.

Edited to add:  Camms, I am so sorry I didn't say this sooner-great news!!!  Thank goodness that's over.  I read it this morning, but my mind wasn't awake.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:23:47 pm by BT65 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 07:24:13 am »
Great news, Cam!  I know you are relieved.  After my 1st surgery (13 inch incision that started at my sternum and went until it there was nothing else to cut ;)), I couldn't climb the stairs to my bedroom.  My parents rented a bed and put it downstairs in the den.  Everytime I got up to go to the bathroom, our stupid cat, Nigel, would attack my ankles.  He'd grab on with his claws and start biting.  I could hardly walk more than a shuffle as it was.  The more I'd try to get him off, the deeper he sunk his claws.  The idiot would hang on until I got back in bed, then he'd let go.  I think he was sneaking my Demarol.  So, wanting to be helpful, my brother decided one night to lock up the cat.  Problem was - he locked him in the bathroom :-\

Andrea, I like 1st graders better than 5th graders.  At that age, I'm still an adult and they still like to learn. 5th graders now a days are taller than I am and have bad know-it-all attitudes. I think you'll like it much better. (wonder if I'll be eating those words come December)

Queen, in 8 days you are moving for good, or just going to find a place?  Will you be staying in NYC or on the outskirts?  You must be over the moon excited.

Nothing special happening today.  More laundry - story of my life.  The kids have been doing school work in the mornings.  I'll switch it to the afternoons since the mornings are bearable weatherwise and the afternoons are so stinkin' muggy and hot.  Ok, screen is jumping - my signal to sign off.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:32 am »
Good Morning!

Tendai- I'm confused too. Do tell.... :)

Betty- What's the temp job this time? Do you basically do the same things?

Mum- LOL! That cat story was funny! I actually love the 5th graders and yes, most of them are as tall as I am. They think it's funny.

Basically what happened is I went into school to get a list of my student's addresses so I could send out the thank you cards for the end of the year gifts I received...yeah I know, a little late. My principal saw me and called me in her office and asked if I was still interested in going down to primary. I was interested a few years ago but I was told that 5th grade was a difficult grade to find teachers for and so I just resigned myself to the idea that I would probably teach that grade for a long time. That was fine because I totally love the grade and I am comfortable with the curriculum. Well, anyways...she said she was thinking of moving me down to first grade and she would let me know. I told her I was open although I did prefer 5th and low and behold, I got a phone call saying I would be in 1st! I told my partner and both of us are sad. We have worked together for 8 years. I am nervous but I think it will be good. Ok, so I have rambled on enough. I need to finish my coffee. Have a good day! :)

Offline minismom

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:11 am »
Good morning, ladies!  It rained and poured all night last night.  Now it's just hot and muggy. 

I realized that I've never told you all how my testing went on Monday.  Well, it wasn't so good.  It showed that my lung capacity was with in normal limits (79%) :-\  What the test didn't show and the tech never wrote down was that it took me 8 tries to get 4 results she could use.  Also, after each "test", I was light-headed, my heart rate went up and I broke out in a sweat.  The tech said the results were most likely due to me being on meds for a week and shows that they are working.  I go back to see my doctor July 6th.  We're going to talk about allergy testing and an echo.  In the 12 days since I've started my meds, I've only needed my rescue inhaler twice.  Both times were last Saturday when I also had to take major allergy meds and 3 breathing treatments.  The meds are working and making a big difference. It's nice to be able to breathe.

Nothing much happening today.  I need to do laundry, but it looks like rain and I don't want to use the dryer.  Thinking of taking the kids to see a movie tomorrow - not even sure what's playing.  Anyone have plans for the weekend?

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 07:44:40 pm »
Its hotter than hell here. 100 degrees outside right now. yuck

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:37 pm »
Ugh, not a very good day for me. I went to go see my audiologist today. He did another hearing test on me. Long story short, the hearing in my left ear is shot. I can hear sounds but I can't make out words anymore. He says that this could be caused by my diabetes but I have to see Dr. Martin on Tuesday for additional tests. A friend of mine said hiv meds could cause my hearing loss but I am not really feeling that explanation because I wasn't on meds when I lost my hearing 3 years ago. Ed, the audiologist, says now that people are going to have to stand directly in front of me to talk to me so I can read lips. I don't know how to read lips. Or they will have to text message me. The bf and I have been bickering about it as well because he gets irritated when he has to repeat himself or yell in the phone in order for me to hear him. And I have a phone specifically for the hearing impaired.

I am scared and depressed. I am scared about these tests they want to do. All I keep thinking is they're going to be sticking shit down my ear. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to be awake for it but I am sure I will have to be. Depressed because no one can tell me why I lost my hearing in the first place or why I am losing it so quickly in my left ear. Like I don't have enough shit going on right now. Excuse my cussing but I am just really upset.

This sucks on so many levels..... :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 08:26:20 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I can't even imagine the fear you must have.  Know that I'm thinking about you and wishing for the best. :-*

Mum, I'm glad at least that the meds are working.  I hope you can get to the point where you won't ever need your rescue inhaler.

Wendy, it's been extremely hot and humid here as well, but probably not as bad as it is there.  It's been running in the 90's with high humidity.

Andrea, the job I have now is that I take people's information (their personal info, what they've got coming in to what they've got going out), find out what their dilemma is, talk to the boss to see what can be done, and talk to the people to try to figure out how to not get in the predicament again.  I like it a lot.  When I'm done with the temp thing, if I don't have a job, I may volunteer there.

This evening is the monthly NA speaker jam thing.  I'll probably go to that.  I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon.  And a store by me is having a super sale, so I may go to that and see what's so super about it.  The screen is jumping again.  I wish I knew what was causing that.  Anyway, you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 01:43:10 pm »
Queen, I'm so sorry about your hearing loss.  I'm not sure what types of tests they are thinking about, but one of the tests that our daughter had was to see what was causing the loss: cillia damage, nerve damage, ear drum damage, bone damage, ect.  All they did was look in her ear with some high-powered earscope thing.  It looked like what the docs use to check your ears, but it had a small camera inside it so we could see a magnified picture on a TV screen.  Didn't hurt and was really pretty interesting. 

Have you had an ABR done?  It's when they put headphones on you and make a series of beeps.  It takes about 20 minutes but you can't move or talk while they do it.  It sends sounds at different decibel levels into your ear then somehow measures how the brain response to the sounds at different frequencies.  They had to put our daughter to sleep for the test so she wouldn't move around, but adults have the test done awake.  It's a more accurate test and I believe is how they check for nerve damage.  Doesn't hurt, just hard to stay perfectly still for long.

I have another question for you.  You have the biggest loss in your left ear, yes?  Do you notice that ear drains more or that you have more wax in it?  Our daugher's biggest loss is in her right ear and I have the hardest time keeping it clean.  Her left ear is rarely waxy, but her right one has enough to start a candle factory.  Just wondering if there's a coorelation.

Betty, I'm glad you're liking your job.  Any change it will become perminant?  UGGG!  Screen jumping again.  Have a good one, ladies.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 04:56:23 pm »
Thanks Mum and Betty. Yes, Mum, I just had the ABR test done on Thursday. He also did a series of words, like 24. And I had to repeat them back to him. Out of 24, I only got 4 words right with left ear. And yes, my left ear tends to be more waxy than the right. I hope that is all they will do is look in my ear with that thing you're talking about. I can barely sit still when they do clean the wax out my ear. It's really unnerving to say the least. And I am usually clutching the chair for dear life.

Betty-- Your job sounds interesting and you would volunteer? It shows how much you care. You don't see that too often.

I am a bit pissed off with my building manager. I need a letter from her that says the apartment is in good condition and she doesn't want to give it to me til I move. I understand her reason, cause the last tenant trashed the place. I saw that with my own eyes. But she is now causing a problem for me with Section 8. They will not fax my information to NY without that letter. I have even invited her over to see for herself but got no response to that email. I still have to meet with Section 8 on the 16th. So this time I will only be in NY for about 2 weeks. But will be going back shortly after my gyn appointment. Can you tell I don't want to be here anymore.. :-\

I am looking forward to seeing my PCP next week cause I got a lot I want to say to him. My sugar crashed on me when I got up this morning. It was 61 and I was jittery as ever. Mixed some sugar in my crystal light and I seem to be fine. I then went over my bff's house and commenced to eating her out of house and home. Oh, I have food, just nothing sweet... ;D

Now I am going to relax for a bit and cook some dinner a bit later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:36 am »
Hi everyone,
I know it's been a while since my last post. My mother in law was very sick and then died of multi system organ failure caused by sepsis. I miss her a lot. :'(
After that it was make up time with Doctors and Therapists for Lucas. We just got caught up in time to go on vacation. We did the Lincoln Highway from Omaha Nebraska to Salt Lake City Utah. We had a great time and got to see a lot of the country. Then it was make up time again LOL.
Anyway things are going alright here now. Lucas had his evaluation and will be going to a LIU preschool this fall. I'll find out next month how many days. He saw an orthopedist on Monday and has lost a little weight again ???. 24# 12oz and 34" tall. The doctor said things overall looked good, but Lucas will probably need braces at least until kindergarten / first grade :'(.
Well enough about us. I've missed everyone,but haven't had time to read everything I've missed.

Betty - All done with school for good? I'm glad you like your temp job and hope it becomes permanent.

Mum - Still no real answers on what is causing Mims problems? She stays in my prayers. I'll add you and your lungs also.

Queen - I hope you get some answers with these test. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be not knowing what is causing the hearing loss.

Vivyt - Good luck with the grade change. I know you'll do fine ;D.
Well I'm actually doing this at work so I better go. Take care everyone ;).

Amy

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 06:40:44 am »
Mom, good to hear from you.  Vacations are always a good thing even though as moms it's rarely a vacation for us.  Mim has had weight loss issues, too.  She lost 3lbs in about a month.  She'll soon be 9 and weighs 48.7lbs - down from 51.  We see her ID doc the end of July.  He'd like to see her gain back those 3lbs and a few more.  Not sure what's causing the weight loss, though, since she's still eating us out of house and home.  I'm hoping it was just her body adjusting to the new meds. 

Mim also wore braces from the time she was about a year old until she was 5 or 6.  The only reason they "made" her stop wearing them was because they were causing part of her calf muscle to atrophy and part of it to be pushed up behind her knee.  One of her dolls now wears her 1st pair of braces - the foot was only a few inches long.  We found it easiest to buy lace up shoes in a 1/2 size bigger and wide.  Then, we didn't run the laces through every hole.  The shoe has to be tight, but make sure they don't cut off the circulation in his foot (been there, done that).  When Mim had her's, they brought out a big book so that she could pick the color and design.  Her 1st pair were white with purple straps, her last pair were pink with Barbies on it.  She's going back to see a new Ortho guy and a rheumatologist the end of Aug.

Queen, have you tried Debrox?  It's an over the counter drop that you put in your ears.  I put them in our daughter's right ear a few times a week before bed.  It loosens the wax and makes it easier for me keep clean.  I also quit using Q-tips that can impact the wax against the eardrum.  Instead, I put warm water in a syringe, tilt her head over, and squirt in the water.  It takes about 4 or 5 times, but does a much better job .  Might be worth a try.

Not much planned today.  Going over to a friend's house after church for a lupper.  She's making kabobs and corn on the cob.  I'm bringing fruit salad and home made bread.  Should be lots of fun.  Weather is cooler today - 80 - but going to rain, of course.  Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!  take care.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
Hello all,

Mum, I wish this job would become permanent.  But, no, it was originally a volunteer position.  And the place I'm getting paid through isn't the job itself-it's Goodwill.   There's a job placement lady at Goodwill who's trying to help me get a job, but until then, there are a couple "work experiences," (that's what they're called) I can do.  I did one at that church a couple months ago, this one, then I have one more I can do.  Anyway, has Mim grown any?  It could be her weight slimmed for a second if she did grow.

Queen, I hope you get that letter from your building manager.   I hate it when my sugar crashes.  It takes a lot for it to come back up.  I usually drink a regular soda to bring it up right away. 

#1, good to hear from you!  Sorry about your mother-in-law.  I had sepsis about 10 years ago, and went into a coma.  I got the sepsis from a bladder infection that wasn't responding to the antibiotics I was given.  Again, I'm very sorry.  Sounds like you had a good vacation.

Today I have to do laundry and make some brownies.  It's only supposed to be 81 today, which will be a nice change.  I shut my air off for awhile.  That's about it for me.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 02:26:16 pm »
Queen, have you tried Debrox?  It's an over the counter drop that you put in your ears.  I put them in our daughter's right ear a few times a week before bed.  It loosens the wax and makes it easier for me keep clean.  I also quit using Q-tips that can impact the wax against the eardrum.  Instead, I put warm water in a syringe, tilt her head over, and squirt in the water.  It takes about 4 or 5 times, but does a much better job .  Might be worth a try.

Yes, I have tried Debrox, it doesn't seem to do anything. I still have some left. I have been told not to use Q-tips but since the Debrox isn't working I don't know what to do. Someone told me to try peroxide in my ears. I have done that a few times but not regularly. When u use a syringe do you actually see the wax coming out? I never had this problem til I started wearing hearing aids.

Not doing anything today but some laundry. 4 days til I am back in New York. Cindy and Keeping, you ladies need to give me your cell numbers again since I have a new phone now.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 05:09:10 pm »
Hi all back from vacation, the beach was wonderful and the weather held out. I enjoyed just relaxing and having some down time. Work has been crazy and I needed some alone time. I Missed you all and I am reading the new thread to get caught up.  I hope everyone is doing ok.  Mary

Offline vivyt

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »
Hey everyone!

I have done nothing today and it has been nice. I took the dog for a walk this morning but that's it. I was going to do some laundry but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Last night I went to a coworkers wedding and that was nice. Nothing else going on. My mom will be out here this week so I am happy about that.  ;D

That's all. Hope everyone has a good day!

P.S. Betty-Those brownies sure sound good!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:46 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I know you're anxious to get back to NY.  It's almost here!

Mary, glad you had a good vacation.

Andrea, have fun with your mom.  Any plans?

Just another morning for me.  My sugar was a bit high this morning, but that's from eating brownies last night.  Nothing exciting going on.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 07:27:05 am »
HALLELUJAH!!!!  The in-laws have left the country - I'm "safe" for another year (or 2 or 10). ;D

Betty, I didn't know that Goodwill helped with job placements outside of their store.  That's really cool, though.  You could always come live with us and be our live-in counsoler - goodness knows there are days....

Queen, what you see is "stuff" floating in the water (we catch it in a little bowl).  If the wax is impacted, it will come out as a big glump.  When it comes to the ear opening, we grab it with tweezers. I bet you are over the moon about going back to NY.

Mary, glad you had a good time and made it home safely.

Andrea, have a great time with your mom.  I'd love to have my mom to myself for a few days.

Yesterday, we went to our friends' house for lupper.  The food was wonderful and the company divine.  It's been YEARS since we've done anything like that.  They have 2 girls and all 8 kids get along so well - no fighting or territorial stuff.  We'll have them over for supper in the next few weeks.

Hubby built a secretary for my Saturday night.  Now I need to clean out my cabinets and my pantry.  Our kitchen is teeny with hardly any cabinets.  A few years ago, Hubby built a pantry, but it's HUGE.  Hard to get around with our ever-growing table.  We're hoping to be able to move stuff around to the secretary (less than 1/2 the size of the pantry) and cabinets so we have more room.  Other than that and the laundry, nothing going on until Yoga tonight.  Temps getting into the low 70Fs this week.  I can't WAIT.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 01:41:12 pm »
Hello ladies,
nothing much going on here. Just getting settled in. Moving was a horror, it was 102 degrees! and has been very hot since. You can't do anything but move in  slow motion when outside. Me and my dh have been exhausted! unpacking is finally done. the house is in need of some tlc. We are painting. even though we are leasing, we want to bring the house up to par. I
love being here in the quietness.We have only 2 neighbors on our left side. the right side of us is woods and across the street woods. WE are not near the lake, but it is not far. We have a lot of bugs which comes with nature! I am planning on getting a dog. My preference is a german sheppard. I love these dogs. We only have a partial  chickenwire fence, so I would be getting an invisable fence, which cost some money, but most people have them out here.I will have to save up for the dog, but determined to get one. Your dog has to be on a leash when out.have not been able to enjoy outside yet, do to the heat, but we have a deck. houses cost money, we have to buy a lawnmower and all to keep up with the yard. I want the dog to be able to run around in the yard..german shepard puppies are going for 350.00 dollars here! which is not bad , compared to prices Ive looked up on the internet, they go for anywhere from 350. up to 2.000. I would adopt one if I could fine a puppy.,Because of the girls, we need to raise a puppy, the little one is a little scared around dogs, but getting over that. Hope all is well. welcome to the new ladies!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:48:49 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 02:14:04 pm »
HI Ladies!
Queen- Sorry to hear about your hearing, I hope the tests go well. 
Camms- YAAH!  Good to hear on your test results!
BT-The weather here has been crazy, we have been getting rain almost every day and it is humid.
Netta- Glad to hear you survived the move.  When I first moved here, my sister in law watched the kids for us and she got scared when it got dark because of the woods and the only noise she heard was the crickets :)  Check out Craigslist for things you need for the house, you can find some real good deals. Just make sure you go with your DH and meet in a public place.
Viv- Too bad you are not closer, you could practice on my 3some, they are all going into 1st grade next year.
Mum- How have you and Mim been feeling? Your husband must be really talented, he built the whole thing in one day? That is one of the those longish, table like things to put serving plates on with storage underneath?  I might be confused??
#1- Sorry to hear about your MIL.
HI Win, Ten, Keeping and everyone else.
I am hoping it is just a blip but when I went to the docs last week, I wasn't undetectable anymore :-\ Most likely it is due to all the stress I have been under but we will see. I got drawn again and have to call later this week.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 05:53:45 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I'm glad the in-laws are gone.  You didn't say much when they were here, so I'm taking it the visit wasn't too bad?   

Netta, I hate bugs, so I probably wouldn't do good in a property near the woods.  It drives me crazy to get a fly in my apartment.  I'm glad you like it, though.

Snow, I know t-cells can drop a bit because of stress, so I'm assuming maybe viral loads can go up a bit, not sure.  If Ann reads this, maybe she'll chime in.  Hopefully it's just a "thing," and your recheck will be alright.

Well, nothing much going on.  Someone was knocking on my neighbor's door (the ones who live in the middle apartment).  Their door is just outside my kitchen window.  I said "good Lord," when the person knocked, as it's only 5:something in the morning.  The person asked me through the window if the people in the apartment own the Kia out front. I think they do, so I said "yes."  Well, when the neighbor answered the door, the person told them someone busted out one of the windows.  I thought "who the hell would do that?"  I believe it is their vehicle, because I can hear them going in and out of the apartment.  I hope they have good insurance.           Other than work today, I don't think I have anything planned.  Oh, I forgot to mention.  Saturday, I'm supposed to be going to this concert at the ballpark in South Bend.  It's Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, and John Mellencamp.  My brother and his girlfriend got that for my graduation.  I hope it's decent weather, and that we get decent seating.           OK, jumping screen.  You all have a good day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 06:06:39 am »
Snow, Your VL is probably just a blip. VL tests aren't approved for diagnostic purposes because they sometimes come back with false positive results - in other words, the VL comes back with a small number, usually under 1 or 2,000, when the person doesn't even have hiv. The tests aren't perfect all the time.

Betty, that's weird that your screen keeps jumping. You might want to try using the "quick reply" thingy. If you go into your profile (Look and Layout Preferences), you can change it in the drop-down list there to have it always show under the last post in a thread. It's a lot easier - and maybe it won't jump on you.

I've not been posting in here lately - mainly because I have a hard time keeping up with everyone. Yes, I'm lazy. Hey, it's summer. ;)

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »
Betty, they never did come here to visit - thank goodness!  I'm "safe" because now they're home and definately not coming any time soon.  Although, we heard the news about Honduras yesterday morning.  The truth is NOTHING like the media is portraying it.  Hubby called his folks (they're from Honduras and "home" is La Ceiba, Honduras) and they told him what's really happening.  I won't get in to it here, but just suffice it to say that there was NO military coup and unseating the president was done exactly as their constitution allowed and was ordered by the legislature and their Supreme Court.  OK, off my soap box.

Snow, our cabinet looks like a tall bookcase with doors.  We went back today and bought some wire baskets and a closet thingy to organize our cabinets and the livingroom closet that's now an over-flow closet for papertowels, bread, canned goods, and stuff that we keep several of or don't use all the time like the mixer, bread maker, and the like. 

Netta, I HATE moving.  LOL - we moved into our house in January (2001) in the middle of the snow.  It wasn't a picnic, either.  We live in the wild woods and I love it.  We have dead people on one side and horses on the other.  Perfect neighbors and they never complain about the noise or when one of the boys pees off the back porch.

Tomorrow we're taking the kids to see the new "Ice Age" movie - regular version, not 3-D.  Weather here was perfect today - 70F with more promised for the rest of the week.  I LOVE this weather.  It never has to get hot again.  Screen's jumping again, so time to sigh off.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 05:24:24 pm »
Hello---

I went to my ear appointment. I was dreading it and hoping it was going to be the little light thingy Mum was talking about. After Dr. Martin looked over my hearing test and in my ear, he decided to consult with my original ear doctor, Dr. Lipman. It was decided that I should get a tube put in my ear and take steroid drops.Outcome is 50-50 but is a chance I could gain back some of my hearing. I found out I only have 14 percent in the left ear. I was not thrilled about the idea of a needle going in my ear but I felt like I really didn't have a choice and hoping there's a chance that the steroids might help. Now the pain killer is wearing off and my ear is starting to hurt. But the pain is running down into my jawline. I also have to drop an antibiotic in my ear once a day. I also have to get some blood drawn for about 12 tests.

Nothing else going on but Extreme Home Makeover has stopped in our quaint little city to help a 70 year old lady with her house. I believe they said Mary J. Blige was here too. We don't get many celebrities in these parts and especially not around the corner from my house. Did I mention that I gave my furniture away to my bff. Now my livingroom looks so bare. I am clearing stuff out slowly but surely. I still need to sell my dryer and dump this car. And I may not end up leaving for NY til Friday because I am waiting for my rent rebate check to arrive. Last year it came direct deposit but this year I forgot to do it that way s now it's coming in the mail. Technically they are not suppose to get mailed out til the first but sometimes people still manage to get them on the first. I am still trying to figure that one out. I just hope I get mine on the first.Damn, it every time I burp my ear hurts worse, ugh!!!

I would love to comment more but my ear is killing me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 05:55:48 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I heard the news about the Honduras also, but really didn't pay enough attention to know what supposedly has been going on, other than the president being ousted.  Let me know how you liked the new Ice Age movie.  I'd like to take my granddaughter to see "Up," but she's away on vacation right now.

Ann, I put that quick reply thing in my profile, and noticed it at the bottom of people's replies, but I haven't tried it yet.

Queen, I hope you feel better today.  I hate having pain around my face/ears.  I don't believe we have rent rebate here in Hoosierville.  I hope you get it so you can head back to NY; I know you're anxious to get there.

Nothing much going on today.  Just work.  My life has been pretty boring so far, which is alright.  The weather has been so nice the past couple days.  No higher than 70 (we're getting the same weather you are, mum) .  You all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry I've been away for a few weeks.  We had the kids two weekends in a row and I have had no down time, totally exhausted.  Sorry I missed out on all of the diabetic talk.  They make most all of the insulins in pen form these days.  I am on Humalog which is a super-quick fast acting insulin, faster than Humulin R, which I used to be on.

Camms~ glad you made it through the surgery and are doing better.  You've had a great outlook on this entire thing, I say.

Queen~  So sorry about the hearing giving you more trouble.  If you're already at 14% on the left, I agree, give this procedure a try.  You never know until you try.  I will PM you my cell#.

Mum~ I was happy to read that you hadn't been using the inhaler for a few days, but then read about your testing at the docs.  I'll try to keep up and see how you're doing.

BT~  Miss ya, GF!  Whats up with you these days?  I have to catch up!

To Netta, Snow, Viv, Wendy....Happy Summer but its too damn hot, lol!

More soon.  We get to watch the ex's  >:(  dog and goldfish  ::) for a week.  That should be fun with Cheech in the house.  I figure just throw both dogs outside and see who survives.  Cheech is 50 pounds and the other dog is a Bichon.   ;D  Hee!  Cheech gets his summer cut tomorrow.

More soon, I am off work for the next four days and plan to do nothing at all.  Ice has to work on the 4th so we are missing a pool party.   >:( 

Good news is that my TH finally got painted and we have ordered carpet.  Very soon someone else should be paying my rent if I'm lucky.   :D

God Bless all of the "Ms" that we have lost.  Mom says they come in threes.....Who is next?  :(

Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett  "Mrs. Majors" at one time.
MICHAEL

Billy Mays
Karl Malden
?????

Gheez so much loss, and we had that horrible Metro crash here two weeks ago, just horrible.  You know that EMT dude that thought I was "secretly trying to infect" him back in the day was all over the radio and TV.  I flipped the bird at him on TV and radio, lol.  "Who's bad?"   ;)

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 08:41:14 pm »
Hey everyone!

Snow- I wouldn't worry too much about your numbers. I think they pretty much fluctuate

Netta- I definitely don't envy you and the moving process. Good luck finding a dog.

Mum- I'm glad "the visit" didn't happen...LOL!

Queen- I'm sorry that your ear is hurting. I hope the procedure works.

Cindy- Nice to hear from you! Is this the first times the dogs are going to be together? Is the other one a boy or girl?

Betty- Have fun at the concert. Are you still at the same temp job?

Well yesterday I had lunch with some of the teachers from my school which was nice. Today I went to my classroom and started moving some stuff to my other room. I have so much 5th grade stuff that I have to pack up and store somewhere. My new room doesn't have as much storage space. Nothing else is going on. We finally have summer weather. It's in the 80's...no more June gloom. That's all....Betty, you think your life is boring right now, I think I've got you beat!  ;D

Have a good night!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »
Evening Ladies----

Well, no rent rebate today. My sister says by law they can't get mailed out til the first. And she usually gets hers by the second. So, I am hoping that mine will come tomorrow. The trip to NY got pushed back, the ticket now costs over 100 bucks and it just didn't seem logical to go for 12 days then come back for 2 appointments on the 16th. Papi was disappointed, as am I but it just wasn't practical. So, I am shooting for the 23rd of this month. I am going to stay for another month. By the time I get back, I'll have to pack and am going to put my stuff in storage til I get my place in NY.

Today was suppose to be the day I saw my new PCP----wRONG!!!!! They didn't even have me scheduled and has still not claimed me as a patient....WTF? I didn't just pull this date out my ass and I now have this guy on my insurance as my doctor. And to make it even better, I am down to one vial of insulin again with NO DOCTOR AGAIN. Now when I go back to the ER, they are going to be looking at me like I am stupid when I try to explain the situation. I am trying to see all my doctors one last time before I go to NY.

On a good note, my Warcraft is back on, so I can kill something. I have been playing since I got back from the doctor and quit just before posting here. And my ear stopped hurting, I was expecting it to hurt for a few days but I am grateful it isn't.

Well, that is it for me. Did I mention I haven't been to sleep in 24 hours. I just coudn't sleep for some reason. But I got a lot of things to take care of in regards to this move. You know, make sure t's are crossed and the i's dotted. I am going to go back to Warcraft for a few...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:29 am »
hello ladies, i am back!!!! been a while, i missed all of you,. i dont know how much i will be able to catch up with whathas been goin on coz its been months so if i ask questions........ forgive me
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 06:05:21 am »
Morning all,

Cin, that sucks that Ice has to work on the 4th.  When I went to see the dietician a couple months ago, she told me I should take Humalog instead of Humulin-R, but the doctor wouldn't prescribe it.  I don't know why.  I heard the saying a long time ago about death coming in 3's.  Hopefully that's not always true.

Andrea, are you going to miss teaching 5th grade?  I guess you never know-you may get into 1st grade teaching and love it.

Queen, sorry about the doctor's office not having you down for your appointment.  That would piss me off.  I hope you got some sleep.

Tatenda, welcome back!  What's going on?

Yesterday at work, there was a 20 year old mother who came in.  She has a 4-year old and a 1-year old.  The 1-year old's father is in jail.  She was behind $300+ dollars in her electric bill and it has been shut off.  I knew the boss would say we couldn't help her for two  reasons-one is that the $40 we pay towards utility bills wouldn't get her turned back on and two-we usually require a 72 hour notice before the utility gets shut off.  When I told her we couldn't help her, she started balling.  That made me feel terrible, well, worse than I already felt.  But, anyway, nothing else going on.  Tomorrow starts the county fair.  I'm going with my best gay friend.  I'm going for the food. ;D  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 02:43:02 pm »
WTF? I didn't just pull this date out my ass and I now have this guy on my insurance as my doctor.

On a good note, my Warcraft is back on, so I can kill something.

Oh GF, you have me gigglin' over here now, lol.  Leave it to Queen to say something sassy and give me the giggles!  I needed it, I feel like I have been up all day.  Sorry to hear about the insulin mess.  I am officially NOT covered by MADAP anymore -- I did the honest thing and didn't reapply.  Household income now equals me plus Ice, so I don't qualify for the benefit anymore.  I still have my regular health insurance, but MADAP will no longer pick up my copays.  I have been stockpiling Humalog pens since last Christmas, lol.  I had my doc write a 30-day supply at 2 boxes, or 10 pens.  You know I have 10 boxes in my fridge?  I am good until next year most likely.  That's 50 pens.  Queen, if you drive by on your way to NY, I'll give you a few to hold you over.   ;)  

Seriously, if it weren't insulin, and it was a med I could mail to you, you know I would.  Ask your doc if he can up your 30-day supply by one bottle since you're moving, you know "until you get settled."  It can't hurt.  I only needed one box of pens a month when you did the math, but it was close to being two boxes, so I asked for two.  Doc wrote the script for the two boxes.  With the pens, you have to "prime" them to get the air bubbles out, so you're losing 2 units each time you inject.  It adds up.

I went to my PCP on Friday last week and had my blood drawn there.  I called for results today, but no one qualified is there to give me the results, so they will call next week.  The nurse couldn't believe I needed 8 vials of blood.  I told her its always been that way, with the diabetes thrown in.

I got up at 5am today and left the house by 7am with Cheech.  The vet used to be a few miles away, now its a 45-minute drive.  I got him there to be groomed and he is a happy camper.  I'll try to get a pic up soon.  You all know I love my dog.  He is 15 years and 5 months today, born on Groundhog Day, my Groundhog Dog Cheech.  LOL

Rat dog, on the other hand, the male 4yo Bichon we are watching, was a pain this morning.  He kept barking and barking in the basement, and then I decided to let him meet Cheech.  Heh heh.  I had Cheech firmly by the collar and he lunged for the little dog, but I pulled him back.  Shut that little dog up.  I love dogs, but the little yappers that don't ever shut up are just noise pollution.  Oh look, he's sleeping now.  That's cause I'm here with him and he calmed his ass down, lol.  What a trip. ::)  I have a baby gate up to keep the two dogs apart in the house.  Otherwise, Cheech would bite his ass into oblivion.   :o

As far as Ice working on the 4th, that's just how it is with the industry he's in.  We'll have Sunday to go to my old TH and clean up some more, mow the grass, etc.  I am nervous cause there are "For Rent" signs up in my old hood and maybe no one is biting?  Good thing is I have an end unit with a fenced yard and a bsmt, so maybe mine will rent.  Keep you fingers crossed or I will be in some serious debt with all the money Ice and I have put into fixing up the place.

OK, time to go bake some banana muffins.  Doc said I had gained 8 lbs since last March at my previous check-up?  WTF?  My legs look good, but I told him my middle kept getting thicker.  He says its from the protease inhibitors I used to be on for 6 years.

OK, I heard on the news today that if you walk even just 30 minutes a day, it can reduce the chance for heart disease in women by 30%.  I'm thinking about my diabetes, my omentum that has gained momentum, and Billy Mays.

Time to get my ass on the treadmill and listen to "Glamorous" by Fergie.  I can still dream.  LOL   ::)   ;)

"ARE YOU READY?"  Work it , GFs, WORK IT!!!  LOL...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQvcMLll4E

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:44:40 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline missy

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »
GF you are so funny!  I loved  Glamorous" by Fergie maybe it will inspire me to keep going to the Gym.
I had one of those days today too.  I got up at 6:00 (on my vacation day) and went to the eye Dr.  On my way home I washed my car and got the stupid pink soap all over me from the hose.  Then I was still feeling inspired so I hit the Gym.  When I got home I had a message from my Realtor, she is showing my house tomorrow,  so you know I had to clean it!

I then proceeded to go outside and decided to weed the flower beds.......ouch I didn't know I still had those mussels in the back of my legs.  To get the kinks out, I hit the pool it felt great till my Shitzu came slidding in, what a hilarious fiasco that was.  I am not sure who was more surprised me or the dog.....

Hope you enjoy the 4th even if Iceman has to work...make your own holiday.  ~Mary

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 02:36:18 am »
Hey Ladies---

Well, I got my rebate check today so I was a happy camper. After paying my bills with my usual check, I put half my rebate check in the bank. And took the rest to do a little shopping. I bought a wireless router for my laptop. Man, what a big difference..Who needs a roadrunner..*lol*.. But since I am a big gamer, I needed to buy some more RAM for my computer. And Geek Squad showed me how to install it, free of charge. It was overdue. I also bought a 6-piece set of luggage too. And I got my nails redone.

Yeah, Cindy. Doing this emergency room thing is a pain and I am going to request extra. I hope I can get it. After giving up the Pepsi, I lost 8 pounds. But did have some today. I needed a sugar rush, I was up early but I didn't get started til later in the day. Look, woman, my Warcraft keeps me sane. And I hadn't played in 2 months... :D

Missy-- I like Glamorous too but must admit that I loved London Bridges. I also liked Gwen Stefani Luxurious and Holla Back Girl.

Well, just checking in. I may not respond much since game is back on but I will be following from the sidelines...Going t watch the original Friday the 13th, bought it today, then I am going to crash... Nighty night....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:15 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, "rat dog," aye?  That's funny.  Cheech doesn't like other dogs I take it?  Yean, I don't know anything about Insulin pens.  A friend  of mine used to use them, but says she likes needles better.  I guess everyone has their preference.  Good luck working out.

Queen, when people talk about computer things, I get lost.  Anyway, I'm glad you got your rent rebate.

I'm using this quick reply thing that Ann suggested, and I don't really like it.  It takes a couple minutes after I type some words for them to show up on the computer screen.  I guess I'm either going to have to choose between screen jumping or a delay in words showing up.  It's getting very aggravating.

Today I'm supposed to go to the fair later with my best gay friend.  I'm going to try to eat only the minimal today so I can pig out tonight.  That's the real reason I'm going, (the food).  This morning I only have to work for three hours.  You all have a good day.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 07:31:26 am »
I am nervous cause there are "For Rent" signs up in my old hood and maybe no one is biting?  Good thing is I have an end unit with a fenced yard and a bsmt, so maybe mine will rent.  Keep you fingers crossed or I will be in some serious debt with all the money Ice and I have put into fixing up the place.

Hi Cindy: Have you posted your place on Craigslist yet? It is an excellent free resource for in- and particularly out-of-towners looking for rentals. Very popular. Is there a large hospital nearby? If it's a teaching hospital or if they're in a state of growth, you might consider sending a one-pager on the place to Human Resources. Have you put together a one-sided flyer with a couple of photos of interior/exterior, description, proximity to major highways, airport, businesses, etc? If you turn it into a .pdf that you can e-mail to friends, co-workers (whom you trust), they can become agents of a sort on your behalf. Em   I found a link for you for downloadable real estate templates in case you can use one. They have quite a variety. http://www.office.xerox.com/small-business-templates/real-estate-flyers/enus.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:35:27 am by emeraldize »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.