Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 387
Total: 387

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fall Mini Gathering  (Read 22679 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Fall Mini Gathering
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:59:25 pm »
Any ideas?

Have been talking to Lisa about this and we have talked but not really have come up with a good plan yet but would like a mini gathering like we had in Nashville 05.

Something simple not very expensive.

As most of us live in or around the southern states maybe somebody can come up with a good place too meet up at. Too me I would be happy in a Motel 6 very cheap rates and very nice rooms.

I was thinking of maybe after Labor Day since rates usually go down and maybe arrive like on a Thursday and stay till Sunday or Monday.

Any suggestions? Please fill free to add more places to go.

Just a little Mini AMG. Nothing Fancy!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Fall Mini Gathering
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:51 pm »
I can't help you out Jerry but I hope you guys manage to get something together, I just know you will all have a ball.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 09:42:54 am »
I would be very interested in a fall gathering in the south!!
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:53:20 am »

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:15:54 am »
Thanks Hal - was just going to post that.

Jerry, I would be grateful if you wanted to spear head this to be honest as you are in closer contact with Lisa and I think since she is the one who is initiating the idea we should make certain we get her availability (which she had mentioned late summer/fall to me too)

There are a few that expressed interest and all are in agreement with the idea of a simple and not expensive meeting.

Let me know how you want to move forward,

Mark

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:59:32 pm »
I'd be interested, Jer.  I don't travel well, but if it were in Richmond or close to there, I could certainly try.  Maybe my significant other could drive.  Keep me posted!  I'm located 30 miles NW of Wash DC.
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:24:32 pm »
*Bumped*..because I'd like to see this happen for you guys, so start getting your heads together.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:34:36 pm »
I would be interested in attending. I can't make any firm commitments due to family circumstances but would try to work something out.

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:45:44 pm »
Well one suggestion would be Atlanta. Most people don't live that far from Atlanta. There is a International Airport there easy access around the city. As far as gas prices go we can always carpool and meet in different places so others don't have to spend a lot for gas prices.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:43:39 am »

I wouldn't mind meeting up in Atlanta. But, Once again,  I've already scheduled my vacation for July 31st through August 18th.

Ed and I are still debating on possibly taking the Auto-train from Sanford, Fl to Lorton, VA, and heading up to Chittenango, New York, for this upcoming vacation. The auto train for two ( one way) is $434.00. The car is an additional $259.00. OUCH ! I know gas usage would not be that much.  :-\

It would be at least another 45 days after August 18th, before I would be able to take another week off from work, and thats not even a guarantee.

Ray

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:00:15 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:45:36 am »
I'd have to fly or take a lot of time off to get to Atlanta.  My brother is outside of Savannah, but still Atlanta is a ways from there, too.

Keep the ideas coming and we'll see what we can do.

Charlotte in early October, anyone?

Offline Iggy

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:08 am »
Well one suggestion would be Atlanta. Most people don't live that far from Atlanta. There is a International Airport there easy access around the city. As far as gas prices go we can always carpool and meet in different places so others don't have to spend a lot for gas prices.

Jerry,

That is a good idea particularly with the possible carpooling to Atlanta if there are enough people in different areas who want to come and drive together.  Jeromy and I are actually going to visit my sister for the 4th of July weekend later today and it is pretty much a simple four hour drive clear through on the 85.  If we decide to go forward for Atlanta as the site, He and I can certainly have room for two others in the car.

I wouldn't mind meeting up in Atlanta. But, Once again,  I've already scheduled my vacation for July 31st through August 18th.

Ed and I are still debating on possibly taking the Auto-train from Sanford, Fl to Lorton, VA, and heading up to Chittenango, New York, for this upcoming vacation. The auto train for two ( one way) is $434.00. The car is an additional $259.00. OUCH ! I know gas usage would not be that much.  :-\

It would be at least another 45 days after August 18th, before I would be able to take another week off from work, and thats not even a guarantee.

Ray

Ray,

Jeromy has a similar vacation-time off issue and that is why I think just a simple informal weekend gathering might work best for a lot of people.

Charlotte in early October, anyone?

Charlotte all the time here :D If anything happens in the Charlotte area, I'll be happy to do whatever legwork is necessary.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36:32 am »
I really like the idea of Charlotte and with someone in the city willing to do some "legwork" sounds like a good idea.  Of course I would be more than willing to organize something in Louisville,KY and we do have Southwest (although they are not as cheap as they used to be).
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 08:20:16 pm »
Jerry, you and Lisa let me know where it will be. Just as long as I get to see you two again it doesn't matter.

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 05:33:27 am »
Atlanta would work for me. There are usually cheap flights from the DC area to Atlanta.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 04:11:24 pm »
that sounds like a great idea...let me know the outcome, I can always find a way to get to NC

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 05:45:13 pm »
Hello, I love the idea of Charlotte but would be willing to go further, if necessary. Let us  know. Cristy

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 10:53:20 pm »
Well so far it has been Charlotte NC or Atlanta GA.

I like most of you are on a tight budget and can understand what the price can be when it comes to traveling.

First I choose a larger city because most of our forum members can not just get in a car and travel many miles to get somewhere close.

Second to those that are really serious about attend a mini gathering like I have said before there are a lot of us that live pretty close to one another but really did not know.

It really does not matter to me where we decide to go or for how long.

Back in 2005 we had a mini gathering to Nashville TN did not expect to see many to show up but we had up to 15 show up and I was amazed.

So with that said if you seriously wanting to meet somewhere that will be great but if your just reading and thinking well I really would like to go but if so and so is going to be there I guess I will just stay home. Come people we all have HIV. Most all of us here are poor and are afraid to go from point A to point B.

If you know of someone that would like to come with you that is great the more the marryer.

This is not going to be like oh we have to get the biggest and most expensive hotel that has a lounge and indoor pool and room service and bell hop and a restaurant in the hotel. If that is what you choose more power to you. I am just a good ole country boy that lives in the mountains of Virginia.  I really would like more time to see more of you more often but know it is in possible with the price of gas and everything else going up.

You can ask anyone here that has been to a mini to a big gathering that the love and support the tears that are shed the love that is poured out into trying to get it up and going is one of the best experiences you will never forget.

So if you can make it great I will see you where ever. If not I will still see you somewhere down the road. :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 11:13:20 pm »
Jer, you're the best.  I'm driving my Liberty down to the mts of Virginia to see you someday.   ;D

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 09:09:03 am »
Jerry, I would feel privleged to meet any of my fellow forum members. Charlotte is better for me(since I have to borrow a car,mine died) but could do Atlanta if I have to.  Let us know and maybe you and Iggy can figure out what's best.  no matter where , it will be great   Cristy

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 10:12:55 am »
Christy if I can arrange to attend I would be happy to drive.

Ford

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 11:44:29 am »
I would be interested in going, if the price is right.  Flights to Atlanta are much cheaper for anyone who would have to fly because of Air Tran.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 12:14:32 pm »
I would be interested in going, if the price is right.  Flights to Atlanta are much cheaper for anyone who would have to fly because of Air Tran.

Of course that depends where one is flying from.  For me Atlanta is $400+ and Charlotte is >225.00.

It looks like it is between Charlottee and Atlanta. Probably a vote might be in order, but my suggestion is whoever steps up first and says I will organize it in ........, then that is where we go.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:47 pm »
I would love to attend , I  live near Montgomery Alabama ... Atlanta is only a 3 hour drive from here .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 12:50:29 pm »
I really would like to see us all meet up in Atlanta  due that most live in the southeast or international. It is nice to see that most here are responding to the idea of a gathering. So if you can get there great if not we se see you sometime soon.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 02:28:59 pm »
Christy if I can arrange to attend I would be happy to drive.

Ford

Ford, that is really nice of you. More than likely a car will be  no problem for me but if it is, I will let you know. If we are planning for late September or October, I might even have another of my own by then. We might be able to save by carpooling, though. Gas being $4.00 or more per gallon.                                   Hope this all comes together so we can get together. It will be so nice. TTYL. Cristy                                   

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:20 pm »
If newbies are invited [assuming so LOL]. it be great to put some mugs with the names here!

Depending on the dates, I'm very interested in attending, either would be fine ATL, CLT or anywhere in the South.
Atlanta is 1st choice and day's drive from NOLa. But been a long time since I've been to Charlotte.

I'm even toying with going to AMG 08 if I can swing it. Someone offered me miles ... probably won't happen but would be great.

-YaKa
09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Offline Iggy

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 02:59:59 pm »
Overall I am open for either Charlotte or Atlanta.  

Having just returned from a weekend visit to my sister in who lives outside of Atlanta, the trip was a nice drive from Charlotte.

It was about 4 hours and is pretty clear along the 85 for the majority of the drive.   Gas cost us about $150 round trip so it certainly is doable expense wise if we can all find a cheap hotel in Atlanta and just make it a weekend thing.  I also repeat Jeromy's and my offer to drive two others with us to Atlanta if they can get to Charlotte.

Jerry - can you add a poll to the top of this thread (if you can do that - not sure) and we can just all do a vote (we might want to list questions about best dates too)?   If not, I can produce a poll using google docs and post it here as well.

P.S. YaKaMein - just saw your post and all are welcome

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 03:05:05 pm »
Hmmm... this is like AMG 2.0 but without any of the US location proposal hysteria.  Fascinating.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Iggy

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:20 pm »
Just want to throw out one more idea, but there is no rule that there has to be just one Southeast U.S. gathering.

Jeromy and I will likely go to the larger gathering as there are a number of people going who indicated interest and I would love to meet face to face and for us Atlanta is doable.

However if the goal is really just informal and inexpensive day or weekend get together for those within driving distance, then maybe there could be the Atlanta site for the larger Southeast gathering and for those too north of it, something like a Charlotte, or Asheville or even a Virgina location.

Just a thought.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:50 pm »
Hmmm... this is like AMG 2.0 but without any of the US location proposal hysteria.  Fascinating.

Don't see that.  I also don't see what good it is to bring it up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:16:17 pm by Iggy »

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 03:33:18 pm »

Just getting one thing first of all this not a gathering for AMG. This is a gathering of friendship for we all that are living with HIV.

As far as a poll goes I really don't see the need. Most I have spoken too have suggested we meet up in Atlanta.

Also it will give those that can not go to Mexico a chance to really get to know who is here and get to meet old friends and make new ones.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »
Hey, All.

Please stay focused on Jerry's initial proposal to which many are responding positively.

Philly, Iggy, let's not get sidetracked.

Thanks for your cooperation. 
Andy Velez

Offline woodshere

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 04:11:49 pm »
I think a poll would be nice to do for at least a date that would be best for all.  Impossible of course to find the perfect date, but at least one that would generate the greatest number of attendees.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 04:34:14 pm »
Anyone leaving from DAY to Atlanta AirTran Airways has a good round trip fare.

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 04:34:57 pm »
I was thinking of the week of the 7th or the 14th of September.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:50 pm »
Pick a date Jerry. Doesn't matter to me.

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 05:32:16 pm »
week of 14th Sept or after works for me ... it's hurricane season forever anyway

any reason to escape New Orleans and So Decadance [Labor Day wkend] works for me except my guests would revolt :D

09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:34 pm »
I like this idea alot -- after reading Creighton's article I would very much like to meet some folks from here.  The dates mentioned seem fine with me and Atlanta is definately doable for me.  Air Tran usually has some good rates from Richmond.

Mike

Offline David_CA

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09:53 pm »
I was thinking of the week of the 7th or the 14th of September.

I wouldn't make it that close to Labor Day (the 7th).  The later in Sept. the better, I would think.  If it were up to me, I'd consider doing it in early October.  It's much cooler then.  Also, would Raleigh be a better choice than Charlotte?  I'm thinking of all the museums, etc that are available.  I haven't spent much time in Charlotte recently (or in Raleigh, either), but I've never considered it a fun place.  Perhaps it is and I just missed it.  Either of those two cities in NC would be ok with us.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Blixer

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 12:42:20 am »
I'm getting in on this a bit late.  It's been a hectic couple of weeks.  But I'd be interested too.  Atlanta would work great for many of the reasons already mentioned.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 01:47:05 am »
Well the reason I have chosen Atlanta for one have personal never been there yeah  :o have drove around there but never been there. I also picked a day of the week of the 7th or the week of the 14th. I agree it may be hot but just getting away from here for a few days will do some good. Besides this will be my first trip in a long time. I thought maybe the 11th through the 15th or the 18th through the 22.

As far as places to stay well that one is up too you. It would be nice if some of the people that live in or around Atlanta could chime in and let us know of a few good places to go and stay.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 10:02:50 am »
I doubt we'll attend in Atlanta.  We'll have been back from MC for less than a month and from camping for Labor Day for a couple of weeks.  It's a long drive for us (8 hours) and I'd like to recover financially from MC.  If it were up to me, I'd plan this where the most people can attend.  Keep it simple, cheap (unlike MC), and fun and I think you'll have a good group.

David
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:36:38 pm by David_NC »
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 10:52:16 am »
Well, this thread is kind of a big proof about what happened with AMG/MC.  The interest is obviously there, but the affordability and/or location is what has kept numbers participating down.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 02:13:40 pm »
Well, this thread is kind of a big proof about what happened with AMG/MC.  The interest is obviously there, but the affordability and/or location is what has kept numbers participating down.

This is not an AMG meeting, it's just a small get together for those that can make it. If you can make it fine, if not maybe there will be another small gathering in your area that you can attend. Just some people getting together to go out on the town which happens to be Atlanta.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 03:02:01 pm »
You know I am going to have to say that it seems to me there is more interest than just a few friends getting together.  If you look back through those who have expressed interest there is a good list and it's not just those who are a few hours from Atlanta.  The thread was started as a Fall Mini Gathering, I took that to mean that it was sort of a mini AMG, now if I am mistaken then my misunderstanding.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »
It started out that Lisa, Jerry and I were going to get together because we couldn't make Mexico this year. So thinking that there might be some others that would like to get together with us is why we invited anyone that wants to join us if they can. It's not an AMG gathering of sorts but a lot of us have met on the forums. I'm sure we will end up with alot of others from Atlanta joining in. It's just a get together tohave some fun. AMG is a very special event and if you ever have a chance to go to one I would really recommend you go. You'll never regret it.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 03:27:23 pm »
Then perhaps this should be changed from a Fall Mini Gathering to "We're getting together, wanna join us".  To me they are somewhat different and with the cost involved for some of us to travel that difference is important.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 03:42:19 pm »
Yes it's different and it's not the same as AMG. Just a few people getting together to meet one another and to see old friends.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 03:43:41 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.