Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 07:17:51 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773295
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 2
Guests: 592
Total: 594

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Virtual hug  (Leído 2851 veces)

Desconectado Tonny2

Virtual hug
« en: Diciembre 18, 2023, 07:42:29 pm »

ojo.         Hello everyone!… feeling down a virtual hawk would be appreciated. Thank you.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Virtual hug
« Respuesta #1 en: Diciembre 19, 2023, 04:17:41 am »
Sorry to hear you are feeling down and I am sending you a hug. If there is something you want to talk about, let us know.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Respuesta #2 en: Diciembre 19, 2023, 05:48:28 am »
Sending one (virtual hug) back at you! Hoping your spirits will be raised soon!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #3 en: Diciembre 19, 2023, 01:59:31 pm »

ojo.           @ Jim Dublin and @numberguy82, thanks for your virtual hug I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. Sometimes I feel frustrated due to my blindness and if you have read my thread you may know that my mother has been fighting with me this virus since my diagnosis 29 years ago, she was 60 years old now, she is 89. So, sometimes I feel frustrated because and supposed to be taking care of her and he becomes difficult to do to my blindness… right now I’m feeling OK, thanks for reading me and your kindness. I’ve taken the time to send me a mutual hug. Any recommendation would be appreciated…hugs

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Respuesta #4 en: Diciembre 19, 2023, 04:18:46 pm »
Any recommendation would be appreciated…hugs

Yeah, don't be too harsh on yourself. It's not your fault, there is no blame and you are a fantastic son and brother trying to care for them whilst coping with your own challenges in life. Hugs.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #5 en: Diciembre 19, 2023, 05:54:07 pm »

Ojo.          @jimdublin, thank you very much for replying, Jim. I think that we might move down to Texas with one of my brothers so he can help me with my mom. Right now is getting difficult because my vision has gotten worse and definitely his time to ask for help… hey thank you again you are the best…hugs

Conectado leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Respuesta #6 en: Diciembre 20, 2023, 11:04:00 am »
my mother has been fighting with me this virus since my diagnosis 29 years ago, she was 60 years old now, she is 89. So, sometimes I feel frustrated because and supposed to be taking care of her and he becomes difficult to do to my blindness
ugh. you know we did this to ourselves. LOL Yep. All those years of trying not to die, all those meds, all these health issues. It's all because we wanted to live. Now we're paying the price....we've gotten old. :D

Oh, not that I don't get that it's a hassle. While I don't have your health issues (but I foreseen terrible joint issues in my not too-distant future), and my mom is just 80 (but has hearing and vision issues worsening), we're already having our share of dealing with life as older parents and older children. Lucky for us, I've helped my mom through dealing with my grandmother living to an advanced age, so we've worked through how to work together on dealing with health care and other issues.

So I guess that leads to my suggestion. Talk to your mom. Lay it out like it is. You want to do whatever you can to help her out even though you feel bad that she often has to help you out. The upside to the whole mess though is that, no matter the situation, you both still do have each other.

I think back sometimes to losing my first partner Randy. We knew he was dying. For a whole year and a half we knew what was coming and nothing was going to stop it. Oh, it was a struggle for me to keep a happy face trying to make those 18 months good for him. (thank god I had a courier job back then so I had plenty of time to cry by myself in my car so I could put that smile on back home). Looking back now, it's easy for me to think about how horrible and hard those times really were. Hell, I was dying of AIDS too at that time just not as far along and not very sick. But you know what? Knowing what I know, I'd go through all that again, exactly how it was, because we still both had each other.

I felt that way when my second partner passed away. I felt that way when my grandmother passed away. I'd take all troubles again for the time we had. I can already see that happening with me and my mom in the future.

That sort of situation is happening with you right now. You and your mom, each with your own health issues and getting older, are taking care of one another....and that's a beautiful thing. Of course, it's not a perfect situation, but life is rarely if ever perfect. But I bet if we asked your mom, and if you check inside of yourself, both of you would rather muddle through the path of life y'all are on than already be missing one of you.

Sometimes after you've made lemonade with the lemons life gave you, you have to just relax and enjoy the drink you worked to make. If you're going to take the time to worry, take time to make sure you appreciate the good stuff too. Cheers!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #7 en: Diciembre 21, 2023, 03:38:31 pm »

ojo.            @ Leatherman., thanks for taking the time and riding to me. my mother knows about how I feel, I think she’s stronger than me. Sometimes he even tells me that she forgets that I’m blind well, low vision because she sees me normal I even walk my dogs around the block what She doesn’t know that the other way around, my dogs walk me around the block. Lol. Thanks for the suggest and once in a while I feel frustrated and now I want to share with you guys. Life goes on. Thanks again. ..hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.