Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 571
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 569
Total: 570

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: K PAX  (Read 13680 times)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
K PAX
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:03:57 am »
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone here is taking K Pax supplements from Jon Kaiser. I read his book and get the newsletter and his study seems convincing. I already take multivits but would like to know if someone here had noticeable improvements after using kpax. They are now available in the UK and I could get them shipped or buy loads whenever I visit my London friends.

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: K PAX
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:48:20 am »
ah ha, i see...we are talking about the supposed wunder-supplement, as opposed to messrs spacey and bridges and psych patients from other planets...

article here for you, from The Body, might help: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Fatigue/Archive/Vitamins/Q173492.html

hmm...while i'm in favour of all the supplements and natural stuff, this has been marketed in a way which i don't have much time for. yes, multivitamins and minerals and pro/pre biotoics etc can all help improve/maintain health. But you can get the same thing, for a fraction of the price, in your local health food shop. Or, you can just adjust your diet, so's you get what you need without having to swallow zillions of extra pills (says she, bathroom cabinet bulging with natural potions..)

& always discuss with dr/pharmacist first...

Kate

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:49:52 am »
Pat,
We have had discussions on K Pax in the past and while the idea is good there was a concensus that it would be cheaper if you bought the vitamins from your local health store individually.

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 07:54:02 pm »
I went to a seminar with the doctor from the Bay area who "discovered" these vitamins.  While his information was awesome and of course you wanted to "drink the kool-aid" the monthly cost of the vitamins are upwards of $800 a month!  Pretty shitty when someone says that something might help and then makes it totally unattainable for most of us.

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline Jwhite8040

Re: K PAX Vs. Vitamins cheaper elsewhere
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:42:14 am »
I buy my vitamins online at an organization set up specifically for HIV + people with their budget in mind.
It is much cheaper than any place else.  Check it out> http://www.newyorkbuyersclub.org/

Offline sfca415

• love this place
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 06:45:26 pm »
Years ago, when he was advocating not using AZT (the only thing in those days), working with people who had few choices to help them stay alive, Dr Jon Kaiser was not sellling this type of product.  Instead he was providing his recommendations for supplements to help the immune system.  I still have a xerox from his office.  Basically he called for decent doses of most vitamins and minerals, with specific antioxidents, such as Alpha Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and N-Acetyl Cysteine.  I'm still taking these today, but would never buy KPAX due to the price.

cd4+ 617 30% undetec - Jul06
cd4+ 221 17% 32K - Dec01
cd4+ 640 41% 5K - Feb96
current meds: Reyataz+Norvir, Viread, Epzicom, Valtrex, Wellbutrin
+ 1992, first meds 2002: Viramune (nvp), Zerit (d4t), Epivir (3tc) -- (m184v mutation & resistant to non-nukes, so no Atripla)

Offline Brent

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 02:26:24 pm »
I went to a seminar with the doctor from the Bay area who "discovered" these vitamins.  While his information was awesome and of course you wanted to "drink the kool-aid" the monthly cost of the vitamins are upwards of $800 a month!  Pretty shitty when someone says that something might help and then makes it totally unattainable for most of us.

Lisa

Hi Lisa.  $800 a month for K-Pax vitamins?  Don't know where you got that.  I have been taking his vitamins  for 4 years and I pay $120.00 a month.  For anyone under 120 pounds it would be about $70.00 a month.
BTW: A Quote from the K-Pax site:
"As most of you know, our primary goal at K-PAX is to achieve third party coverage for K-PAX Immune Support Formula if it is prescribed by your doctor. We are working toward this goal because we believe that everyone who needs K-PAX to support their immune system should have access to it regardless of their economic status."
For people living in New York:
"If your prescription medications are currently paid for by the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), your K-PAX Vitamins can be paid for by this program as well (effective date 7/15/05). "

Brent

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.