Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:36:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 642
Total: 642

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: anal rub risk????  (Read 34269 times)

Offline JMJ

anal rub risk????
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:12:50 am »
Hey guys, am new to this (Am I Infected) forum. 

Love the way you guys answer important questions regarding HIV. 

On to the concern: 

Got together with a guy of unknown status.  I applied some astroglide to his erect penis and proceeded to masturbate him.  He fingered my ass for a second, and I told him to stop because it didn't feel good.  We proceeded to do some frottage experimentation.  Have never done that before.  He vigorously rubbed his penis head which still had a little lube in it against my ass crack.  Felt some pressure while he did that( he was leaned over while I was on my back -classic missionary position), but didn't feel that there was any penetration, as I CERTAINLY would have felt that.  I'm kinda tight down there.  It did feel as though I was being rimmed wildly.  Didn't think too much of it at the time. But as I think harder on it now....what if he had penetrated even slightly without me knowing it. Somehow, I think that would be impossible, even with his penis slightly lubed.  I certainly couldn't have looked down there to verify it (I'm not that flexible).  Anyways, would appreciate your thoughts on this subject.  Am substantially worried over this incident now.   What is my risk for HIV here? 

JMJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: anal rub risk????
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:08:09 am »
JMJ,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. Frottage is not a risk. The only hiv risk from frottage is if penetration occurs without a condom and if you don't know if he did, you can bet it didn't happen. You'd know.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do not need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JMJ

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 11:26:17 pm »
JMJ,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. Frottage is not a risk. The only hiv risk from frottage is if penetration occurs without a condom and if you don't know if he did, you can bet it didn't happen. You'd know.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do not need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Thank you for the swift reply, Ann.  Definitely more relief here now!

In light of your response, the only concern I have during the incident is that my ass cheeks were spread apart, AND this perhaps exposes the moister part of the anal opening --- a little beyond the drier puckered opening.  Would that area then qualify as a mucous membrane?  So, in connection with my earlier inquiry, does it put me more at risk for HIV? 

Hehe...do tell me if I'm being over-analytical!

Many thanks and big hugs,

JMJ

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:44:03 pm »
JM,

Mate, if you'd been fucked up the bum you'd know. Trust Matty the Damned here honey, he knows all about being dungpunched -- it's not something that slips under the radar.

As Ann notes this was a case of frottage and as such not an HIV risk. Re-read her advice to you and you'll be fine.

Regards,

MtD

Offline JMJ

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 06:55:22 pm »
fantastic....thank you for your response Matty.  Am going to get tested in November, as a routine, anyways. 

JMJ

Offline JMJ

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:52:34 pm »
hello there, again. 

am still feeling concerned with a certain what "if".

1.  I've been reading here about dipping.  What if he had dipped in me without me knowing it?  Would that have gone under the radar as well?  Does dipping hurt?  Remember that he was still a little lubed up.  I do remember pressure with his attempts to push in and the vigorous rubbing, BUT I do know my hole wouldn't take it. I assume there would be the "pain" if he was even just marginally successful at it.  There was no pain.  However, I've just been reading about the more voluntary 1st anal sphincter which can relax more, and the more inner 2nd anal sphincter which is involuntary/more restrictive.  Now, in the past, when I got tongued/rimmed down there, I have learned to relax down there to totally enjoy the experience.  Was I relaxing my first anal sphincter during vigorous frottage? Perhaps.   

Now with his lubed-up-penis-vigorous-forward pressure rubbing, is it possible that my 1st sphincter muscle relaxed to allow the shallowest entry?  All I know is that I felt a wild and perhaps forceful rimming sensation.  Again, let me reiterate though that there was no pain which would be a "flashing red light" indicator for me that there was a marginally successful attempt at opening my "back door". 

I've only bottomed three times in my life - all protected.  I blow guys using an oral sex condom 96% of the time.  The rest is just kissing and j/o. 
This was my first attempt at frottage/dry fucking.  I don't think I'll do it again. 
I do assume that all potential hook-ups are poz, so I take the expected precautions.  However I'm still somewhat concerned about this particular incident, and of course concerned about testing poz as a result. 

Any thoughts?  Ann, Andy, Rodd, Matty, etc??

Big hugs,

JMJ   

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 07:11:37 pm »
J,

We've already told you that we don't think you had a risk. If you need to test to put this behind you (er, no pun intended) then test, collect your negative result and move on. As a sexually active adult you should be testing at least once a year anyway.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JMJ

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:36 am »
hello everyone,

I apologize if I seem a pest, but the guy I mentioned in the above posts just admitted to me that he is poz.  I do assume all partners are poz, but that confirmation just raised my anxiety levels way up, as you could expect. 

Given all the information from my last posts, would I still be ok?  I can't imagine that with all that vigorous rubbing with lube, that it didn't make it in beyond the outer anus. The intention was frottage, but now, I'm not sure what happened.  I felt like he did try to push in a few times, but I know he was unsuccessful with that because there was no pain.  I tried to duplicate the event here at home with a medium small dildo (he wasn't that big 5in with medium width, circumference), and there is a point when you push in that it hurts.  But there was none of that when I was with him. There wasn't even a resistance. It all felt like it was all towards or around the outside.
 Am I correct then in assuming that there was no real penetration if there was no such pain/resistance?  As Ann and Matty said, being entered isn't something that goes under the radar.

Also, he wasn't a precummer, and if there was precum, there would have been very little of it --- like a small dropletl

please advise....

JMJ

JMJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:58:35 am »
JM,

When we do risk assessments here, we ALWAYS assume the other person is hiv negative. Our advice therefore remains the same - you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline JMJ

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »
Ann,

did you mean to say that you always assume that the other person is always POSITIVE or NEGATIVE.  Please clarify.  I assume you meant Positive. 

many thanks,

JMJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 02:15:40 pm »
JM,

Yes, please excuse my typo. I meant to say that we always assess risks while assuming the other person is hiv POSITIVE.

You didn't have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline JMJ

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 11:35:10 am »
hello again,

I'm having cold symptoms - congestion, post-nasal drip, slight headache, plugged ears, and also have a canker sore. My question is: Can ARS symptoms occur at 10.5 weeks post exposure.  It's been that long since my "exposure".  Also, I do remember getting a canker sore near my left tonsil at 5 weeks post exposure. 

many thanks,

JMJ   

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:16:12 pm »
J, it would be extremely unusual to have ARS show up at such a late date.

It would be more than unusual -- it just wouldn't happen to someone like yourself who did not do anything risky.

No matter what symptoms you are having - none of which are in any way HIV specific specific by the way - it still doesn't change how we see your situation. This is not about HIV.

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline JMJ

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 04:33:02 am »
Hello again,

I just sent in my blood sample yesterday (Monday) morning for my FDA approved Express Home Access HIV-1 test.  I should be getting the result tonight (Tuesday).  It has been around 3 months (August 27 to November 26) since the above-mentioned incident for which you all declared as being no risk.   I’m just wanting some optimistic encouragement from you so that I may retrieve my result.

To summarize (one last time) my concerns:  Please review one more time.

1.   Mutually masturbated with a guy using astroglide.  He fingered me a few seconds which I didn’t like, so I told him to stop.  Later, did some vigorous rubbing/grinding on my anus with his erect lubed penis and tried to push in a few times, but with no penetration (I didn’t feel any at least). I told him to stop that, so we finished off with just masturbation.   Major concern is that his lubed penis tip may have facilitated a  contact with the mucosa (anoderm) directly underneath the opening. He wasn’t a precummer, so if there was any, there would have been just a droplet. The big thing is that he later admitted he was hiv-positive. 

2.   It has been a little over year since my last Home Access HIV-1 test.  Since then, my other sexual activities have been confined to:  deep kissing, mutual masturbation, sucking a guy using an oral sex condom, getting rimmed vigorously, getting sucked.  Only once did I suck a guy without a condom, and that lasted for only TWO seconds.  Let’s assume he was poz too.   

3.    ARS concerns during my window period:  1 Canker sore  at 6 weeks. Another canker sore at 8 weeks.  At about 10 weeks, I got cold symptoms.  Another canker sore at 11 weeks. CBC done in October showed elevated liver enzymes three times the high normal. However, an ultrasound showed some gallstones, which can raise liver enzymes.  I tested negative for all Hepatitis types.  Needless to say I’ve been very mentally stressed since August 27. 

4.   My lesson:  I will never have any kind of  penis rubbing done on my anus again, since I feel now that is beyond my personal limits.  For some, that is acceptable.  For me, it is anxiety provoking.       

Here’s praying that my intense fear/premonitions about a positive test result don’t become a reality. 

Appreciate all of your comments and encouragement, once again.  Big hugs.

JMJ   

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 04:36:50 am »
You are wasting enormous resources with your foolishness. You do not have HIV. All of this testing is entirely unnecessary, you will test negative.

MtD

Offline JMJ

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:26:02 pm »
hello matty,

I apologize for my foolishness.  I'm a hypochondriac, I admit.  However I wanted to thank you for all of your help.  I phoned for my results this morning and just like you said, I am Hiv-negative. 

I want to thank the others as well - Ann, Andy for their reassuring advice.

You all do such a great job here on poz.com.  I wish the very best of life for all of you!

JMJ

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 08:55:13 pm »
Congrats on that happy if not unexpected negative test result.

Keep the condoms handy, use them when needed and get on with your life.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline JMJ

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 08:25:14 pm »
hello again beautiful people,

My friend just showed me this nasty video online with two girls eating each other's feces and throwing up on each other.  I think this is called scat.  We were arguing about HIV transmission possibilities with these kinds of sexual practices. 

many thanks, as always,

JMJ

Offline JMJ

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 08:26:25 pm »
I guess my question was that what are your thoughts on this matter?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 08:32:14 pm »
There's no risk of transmission in that manner, which you ought to well know at this point. Instead of spending your time and energy on this kind of speculative nonsense, how about (re)reading our lesson on transmission where you get the basics about the issue.

Neither vomit nor scat provide the necessary friendly environment for HIV transmission.

How about getting on with your life? Or is this kind of stuff what you consider to be doing that?
Andy Velez

Offline JMJ

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 08:34:16 pm »
ok, will do, again.  thank you. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 08:48:11 pm »
JMJ,

If that's the video I think you're talking about, that's not scat, it's a chocolate pudding enema. Seriously. If you need that explained, go ask yer mom.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline JMJ

condomless sucking
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 05:44:11 am »
Hi there again guys,

Well, since my last negative HIV test, I've hooked up a few times ----just kissing, mutual masturbation, sucked guys using a flavored condom....no real concern.  

Last night, I hooked up with a guy.  Did lots of deep kissing. I sucked him off for about one minute without an oral sex condom but I made sure I used a lot of spit. This is unusual for me because I usually use a flavored condom when I suck - my own weird comfort level, I suppose.  So, departing from my norm got me a little spooked.  Then, I fucked (I topped) him with a condom for five minutes.  Condom was intact and did not slip or break.  After that, we proceeded to jack each other off to completion.  

How do you guys think I did?  Should I be concerned for HIV?

many thanks, as always.

JMJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 05:54:06 am »
JM,

Congratulations, nothing you did put you at risk for hiv infection - but you should know that by now.

We're not here to hold your hand everytime you have a sexual experience. If you really need this validation every time you step slightly outside your comfort zone, perhaps it's time to find a therapist who you can discuss these things with on a one-to-one, face-to-face basis. We're not therapists.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline JMJ

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 06:01:45 am »
thank you, Ann...

especially for addressing the need for a therapist.  Specifically, what kind of mental therapist should I be seeking....one that specializes in sexual issues?  I don't know how to go about finding one that specific.   

JMJ

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 06:05:53 am »
Your best bet would be to ask your doctor for a referral to a suitable mental health professional. Alternatively there may be a sexual health service in your area which can provide you with access to an appropriate therapist.

MtD

Offline JMJ

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 06:09:09 am »
thank you, Matty....

hugs,

JMJ

Offline JMJ

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 03:33:21 am »
Dear experts,

I'm sure you're aware of this already .... http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2333

Just wanted your enlightening opinions on it, since it has long been stated that saliva isn't infectious as far as HIV is concerned.   

JMJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 03:48:07 am »
JM,

There's a HUGE difference in what that article talks about and ordinary - or even deep - kissing.

For a start, you're not a tiny baby with an underdeveloped immune system.

This article has NOTHING to do with kissing. Kissing is NOT  a risk for hiv infection.

You're way overdue for a time out. Keep coming back with this kissing stuff and you'll be given one.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.