Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:20:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Guess I'm just not worth knowing  (Read 6718 times)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Guess I'm just not worth knowing
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:08:27 pm »
I got past the bladder infection this week.  I sent an apology to Aunt Rita's Foundation for not being at AID's Walk with no response. I was corresponding with the director last year but he suddenly cut it off.  I'm usually in bed by now and can't be out late like them.

Communication was cut off with no explanation at all. I still stand by my decision about my will but I think that there are other political things going on.  I may be just paranoid but it seems like the Phoenix Gay Community has no need for my support.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Re: Guess I'm just not worth knowing
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:11:56 pm »
please don't read this.  I was just feeling sorry for myself.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline weasel

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

Hey I hope you are feeling better !

I LIKE  knowing you  :)

Be well my friend ,
                                        Carl 
" Live and let Live "

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 08:11:51 pm »
Thank you Weasel!

I had to get my act together to defend on a webex today the system I created in 1989 and is still living in it's third life.

Huntington Beach decided to not kill it next year for now.  There is no other system that does what this does.

Being an old man with HIV and having to justify myself to my Corporation (BOEING) has done a number on me.

Please don't sell your stock.  I'm tired of seeing it go down.  My Salaried Savings and Retirement is hooked on to it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:14:01 pm by lforsyth »

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:23:08 pm »
Erik told me that long term survivors are common. I guess that means a dime a dozen.

I'm dealing with a sociopath and I don't have anyone to stand by me.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:17 pm »
I watch Joseph every day and Oprah but Ellen is just fluff.

I'm of Scot's, Spanish, German and Ho-Hohokam  decent. Mayflower, Spanish Land Grants and my ancestors where here all along.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »
What I hate is being victimized at work. I was on thing t be told I had t work 12 hour day by my manager but having a 24 YO turn people against me is really bad.

I can live with myself but not with people hating me.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 12:02:26 am »
Some people are always going to dislike you. Just like some people will always like you. It's really your choice on which group to concentrate.

I have met and kept some wonderful friends here on AIDSmeds. People I would open my soul to, people who might live a whole planet away from me, but whom I consider close as family. Closer, if you ever got to know my family.

And I am on 'Ignore" by some folks who can't stand my shit.And some people, thought they might not be ignoring me, skip by my messages, and talk shit about me when I do rapse poetic and wistful and thoughtful and philosophical. By the by, haters, I am not always drunk when I do that. Srsly.

Thing is, I could easily latch onto the folks who can't stand me, who probably wish me a shorter life (at least a shorter ONLINE life) and who gleefully wait for the day when I get the Ban Hammer. But that is a HUGE ingredient in a recipe for crazy.

Not the good kind of crazy, either.

So these people hate you. So what? Go OUTSIDE the company, outside your (dis)comfort zone, and find people who value you. Who like you and will respect you and have your back. ProTip: Going on and on about these 20-somethings to strangers is not the way to make yourself likable.

I do not think you will respond to this. Prove me wrong.

I think you have invested too much of your identity in being a victim and being bullied to be brave enough to move away from that paradigm and become a hero to someone, a friend to someone, a source of wisdom and strength and joy to someone.

Prove me wrong.

Or, you know, put me on ignore. Whatevs.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 12:35:36 am »
We are both experiencing LIFE. Thank you and I hope we all have a good New Year!

I'll end this thread with the knowledge that it's their problem, not mine!

I need to concentrate on my house, my animals and me.

Love, Hug's and Tug's. Forever, Larry

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:24 am »
Great comment, lforthsyth! Now that's the attitude!
jkinatl2- Those who put you on ignore are missing out-there loss. You are one of the brightest, most insightful posters in this place.
Thanks again for a brilliant post!
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.