Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:18:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mikie!  (Read 4817 times)

Offline mitch777

Happy Birthday Mikie!
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:11 am »
Happy Birthday Mikie (leatherman)! :)

You share your birthday with Billy Crystal, Quincy Jones, and Albert Einstein. :)

Your birthday was the last one that I could remember on the "calander" before they disappeared.
Must have been changed for personal identity security.

anyway...
WhOOp it up Mikie! :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Happy Birthday Mikie!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:46:48 am »
Happy Birthday my dear boy !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:00:54 am »
...and many happy returns of the day.
Andy Velez

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 09:08:11 am »
Hope it's a joyous day, happy birthday buddy!

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:11 am »
Happy Birthday Mikie
Now bend over and get ready for my birthday swats  ;D

cause I've got very big hands  ;)

Birthday Boy  :)

HUGS

DEN  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:01:11 am »
Hold on!  Now where did I put that leather candle? Oh, here it is!

:) ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:12:28 am by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline RWR

• if You think You can’t you can’t
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 12:26:13 pm »
Happy Birthday Mikie!!! I hope You have a nice one. Next month I will send You the other Net book.  Take care.

Hugs Bobby
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:17 pm »
Thank you all!  ;D ;D

When I was in the hospital at 36 (that was yet another birthday in a hospital with AIDS), the doctors were so certain (and I was really scared that they were going to be right!) that I wasn't going to be any older than that. Yet here I am 15 yrs later!

It sucks a little bit when I think that I am OVER 50 now - 51 to be exact. I know it's only a year; but it's still over 50. I've moved up an age bracket when I check those checkboxes. :o

But it sucks a lot, lot more to have outlived 7 cats, 8 cocker spaniels, and my two partners. :'( :'( However, it's really incredibly nice to still be alive and sure beats the alternative. ;) Losing them has made me really appreciate the "extra" years I have had; and they have been the inspiration and motivation for all the advocacy, education and prevention work I have been able to do these last few years.

I'm looking forward to making it through another year now and I thank you very much for the well wishes  :-* :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »
Thank you all!  ;D ;D

It sucks a little bit when I think that I am OVER 50 now - 51 to be exact.

I'm looking forward to making it through another year now and I thank you very much for the well wishes  :-* :-*

Don't worry about it, trust me, after 50 yrs. of age

you become invisible to the rest of the world anyways

I like being invisible, the things I get away with being in my 50's

I'm now officially known in my neighborhood as being that old man

that lives on the corner  :)   50's is the new 30's  ;D

are we having fun yet  ;)

HUGS

DEN   :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:54 pm »
I'm now officially known in my neighborhood as being that old man

that lives on the corner  :)
oh noes! I already did that - back in the early 90s, just as teh AIDS was striking us down. Randy and I had a house on a corner across from an elementary school. I put in a small in-ground cement fountain; filled my yard (the size of my 94 Ford Taurus) with irises, hollyhocks, glads, and pampus grass; and framed in and screened in the large front porch. I overheard several neighbors referring to me as "that nice gay guy who lives on the corner and has all those flowers". But I'm not knocking that at all. Those were some of the best years of my life so far.  :D

50's is the new 30's  ;D
ok, I like that! I'm going to say I'm only 31 then ;)
(i guess that means I've got to change my profile birth year again Mitch. LOL)

edited to add: I had a piece of cake in my profile

when clearly, on 3/14, it should have been a piece of PI  ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:14:33 pm by leatherman »
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:03 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Wishing ya all the best today, and throughout the year.  Hope it was a good one.

Ted

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 01:05:27 am »
happy belated birthday    8)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 07:59:56 am »
I'm late to the party (not unusual for me), but happy birthday Mike.

Now that you're approaching your dotage, I hope some of the youngin's over at Catawba Care take up the reins and start pestering your State officials about ADAP and doing some of the other things you do for the cause. Far too much of this stuff is being left to us over 50s and it's high time some of the younger ones started ACTing UP. I hope some of them are thinking about how things are going to be when they're over 50. You're at that age now where you can maybe slap a little sense into complacent youth.

But yeah, happy birthday! :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 08:19:33 am »
thanks again everyone!  :-* This thread has brought me many smiles and warm fuzzy feelings in the last 24+ hours.

Far too much of this stuff is being left to us over 50s and it's high time some of the younger ones started ACTing UP.
someone's been listening to JK too much.  ;D LOL

I'm actually hoping to put some of your suggestion into practice this next week. Our Task Force is holding Capacity Building Training sessions and open-to-the-public Community Forums about Medicaid Expansion in 4 cities across the state (Spartanburg, Rock Hill, Greenville and Charleston). Still without a car, the Task Force is renting one so that I can travel to each of these events. Besides getting me there to assist the Chair and to run the information table, I'll be meeting with consumers from the four ASO's that are hosting these events. My hope is to engage them to be more engaged in the work of the Task Force. This will be my change to slap some of those complacent youth with some sense. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »
hope you had a great birthday!   They are all very precious to us now.  Glad you are doing well, and looking great!

HUGS, Alan

PS - thanks for my 'gift'. ;)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 08:52:23 pm »
Hey Leatherman;

A belated happy birthday to you -- you were one of those that welcomed me to the boards, so thanks and I appreciate all you are doing.

Sincerely,
JM
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 10:46:24 pm »
When I was a kid growing up in Charlotte, NC, I always got a kite for my birthday. Of course, there's no wind to be had here; but by the time my b-day rolls around, Spring is definitely in the air. However, when I lived up in Cleveland/Canton, Ohio for two decades, nine times my birthday was literally a blizzard. :o

Although I really wanted to go out for BBQ (aka pulled pork), our favorite local restaurant had closed up :( BUT it was a awesome sunny 76 degrees and not a blizzard in sight, so it was a wonderful birthday!

Thank you again for the kind birthday wishes!
It's definitely great to be another year older!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.