Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:18:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 242
Total: 243

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advice for living alone with HIV?  (Read 19378 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Advice for living alone with HIV?
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »
Wow1969, for what its worth.... Maybe give you some perspective on things.  

I lost my husband twice... He left and 3 months later died.   I am living alone with HIV and that is the absolute least of my worry.  I have friends and family who love me and I am sure you have the same.   Others will come into your life in time as they will for me as well.   Count your blessings that you can still pickup the phone and talk with your x.  I wish I was given the opportunity to correct somethings in our lives.   I wish I could have helped William as he helped me through the meds phase of his disease.   I just was not given the opportunity.   You still have opportunities.  Things are constantly in flux and always changing in relationships... Remember tho, the only person you can change is yourself.   You have no way of changing someone else..  None whatsoever... 

Keep you head up, otherwise you might miss that opportunity..

Hugs,

Eric
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:21:52 am by Life »

Offline wow1969

Re: Advice for living alone with HIV?
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 03:04:53 pm »
Wow1969, for what its worth.... Maybe give you some perspective on things.  

I lost my husband twice... He left and 3 months later died.   I am living alone with HIV and that is the absolute least of my worry.  I have friends and family who love me and I am sure you have the same.   Others will come into your life in time as they will for me as well.   Count your blessings that you can still pickup the phone and talk with your x.  I wish I was given the opportunity to correct somethings in our lives.   I wish I could have helped William as he helped me through the meds phase of his disease.   I just was not given the opportunity.   You still have opportunities.  Things are constantly in flux and always changing in relationships... Remember tho, the only person you can change is yourself.   You have no way of changing someone else..  None whatsoever... 

Keep you head up, otherwise you might miss that opportunity..

Hugs,

Eric

Thanks ... when my ex and broke up it was UGLY ... I never thought this would be the person who was the voice of reason in my current relationship ... Not only the voice of reason, but a healing voice as well ... I have realized that I have carried alot of animosity toward my ex .. It's time to forgive and truly heal from that time ... I think she may have changed as much as I have and we have both changed for the better ...

Right now, my partner and I are talking about our issues .. Turns out this has been a HUGE wake up call for both of us ... I was looking at the whole thing focusing on my partners actions and completely ignoring my own ... I"m very much to blame for the current mess ...

So we are talking, and getting along and ok .. technically, we are still not together... and it could remain that way .. if it does, I will be fine ...I understand what has happened and I can live with it .. regardless, now that things are calm, I realize that I truly love him and that won't change

To those who posted informtion about living alone with HIV, thank you .. I realize that this thread ended up being about a relationship, and that was actually not the intent ... i was just so nervous about living alone with HIV ... I'm still nervous but I dno't think it will be as bad and I was envision ... I love the analogy about life being like playing a piano, that you don't just take lessons and then one day you play the piano, you learn to play the piano by doing it ... LOVE IT!!!

As I said, we are figuring stuff out ... no decisions yet, just figuring ... we'll make decisions in the next few weeks once we get it all sorted out ... I'm so glad to be in this position ...

LIFE I am so sorry for what you went through .. what a way to lose someone .... it provides no closure so I bet you have lots of unaddressed questions, issues and possibly some guilt ... my heart goes out to you ..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.