Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:52:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 694
Total: 695

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First appointment today to see my Dr.  (Read 4386 times)

Offline MiniPozToyota

First appointment today to see my Dr.
« on: April 11, 2011, 06:44:40 am »
Well it's my first appointment to see my doctor today I had to drive 6 hrs to come to this hospital hope everything goes well with it. My cd4 is 346 and vl 46855 about 2 weeks ago. Today i heard they are going to run more blood teat give my vaccines for everything  I don't have already and genotype I really don't know what else sorta nervous about this trip and what they are going to say. I haven't had any symptoms or lyphnods get bigger haven't been sick except one time and they said it was strep thoat, gave me Meds and was healed. So I have no clue when I came in contact with the virus. I'll keep everyone updated on this 3 day visit.  Thanks for the support guys/girls it helps out alot.  Well the bus is here guess this will be DAY 1. I'll respond after I leave the hospital today.  :-\
April 2010- tested neg.
April 1 2011 -  CD4 346 VL 46856 22%
July 27 2011- Started Atripla
(Meds are good) needed more space to update been UD now for three years. Current down below
Jun 5 2014 - CD4 704 VL UD % 44.0

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: First appointment today to see my Dr.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:47:29 am »
Good luck, Mini. After a while, those doctor visits will become routine. And don't feel bad about having to drive six hours to get there - if you're getting good care it's worth it. I have to fly to my appointments and yes, it's worth it.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:22:51 am »
By the time you read this your appointment at Walter Reed will be done for Day 1.  I expect that your doctor there took time to discuss your case in greater detail.  Keep us all posted buddy and sending you my best!

Offline MiniPozToyota

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 07:49:10 am »
Alright guys just gave 12 blood samples and waiting till 10am to talk with the doctor about PTSD/ life stuff and that should be it for day one I'll let you guys know I seen my appointments and tomorrow is when I talk to my main doctor and some other people. So far so good!!!
April 2010- tested neg.
(Meds are good) needed more space to update been UD now for three years. Current down below

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:00:01 am »
WOW..  They start early at Walter Reed!  Go get a nice lunch after the morning meeting is done and see some sights in DC.  If you like Chinese food, take the metro down to Chinatown (Gallery Place stop) and you will find some pretty good places really cheap! 

Offline MiniPozToyota

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:33 am »
Will do I wanna check out the history building with dinosaurs thanks man
April 2010- tested neg.

Offline MiniPozToyota

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:24 am »
DAY 2 sitting in the lobby waiting for the shuttle bus today on my schedule is to talk to my id doctor a social worker again and the pharmacist. I think I might be going on meds also I get my cd4 today so will see what it is!!!  I'll keep u guys posted. Thanks
April 2010- tested neg.

Offline MiniPozToyota

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:30 am »
Ok guys just got down seeing my doctor for the first time he seems pretty cool helped explain alot of thing but most the stuff he talked about I already knew due to this site thanks guys. My 2nd cd4 came back 576 vl hasn't came back yet, and 33%. I'm going to hold off on meds till I get one more cd4 count. Were still waiting back for the geno type tests to check for resistance overall health seems to be good I got a tight lyphnod in my groin but other than that I'm good.  Thanks for this site and all the info. This is for everyone who recently became positive this is not a death sentence and It took me a couple weeks to understand but take it in move on and live a long life and everything will be good.   :)
April 2010- tested neg.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.