Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:44:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG 07 Co-Coordinators--please give feedback  (Read 8545 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
AMG 07 Co-Coordinators--please give feedback
« on: September 08, 2006, 07:55:37 pm »
Hello Everyone:

I'm not sure if this should be a new thread, an addition to the current discussion thread, or what.

Ric and Anne (Emeraldize) have both offered to serve as Co-coordinators for AMG 07.

As I mentioned earlier I think they are good choices for a number of reasons.

1.  They both have experience at event planning.

2.  They present a good mix that represents the attendees/membership.

3.  They will bring new energy and new ideas to next years event.  (If that's when we decide to do it.)

The decisions of what, where, when, are still made by the members who plan to attend.  The coordinators really just serve to help facilitate that, make sure things keep moving forward (as you know we can sometimes go in 100 different directions), they help make sure arrangements at our hotel/resort are handled smoothly (and hopefully Dennis can continue to play a role in that, especially now that he has started his own business), they coordinate a schedule of events (events which come from members who want specific activities like the visit to Hope Chapel, Meet & Greet, and Tim Horn's presentation, plus anything else that becomes a part of next year), they work with the Ambassadors, and most importantly they become masters at HERDING CATS   :D  He He He.

How does that sound to everyone else? 

RAB
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:58:47 pm by RAB »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: AMG 07 Co-Coordinators--please give feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »
I cannot think of any two people that I believe would be more perfectly suited to be coordinators.

I give them both my vote of confidence, and I feel sure they will do us all proud.

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 10:44:01 pm »
Dearest Rocky...I third Alan's second of your wonderful choices for next years AMG'07 coordinators, they are fine, decent folks....I will assist in any way I can, my job, health and elder care issues aside.  We shall talk but this is a great start with Anne and Ric.

I just wanted to say that dear, sweet Rocky is our Rock of Gibraltar...Our Rock of Ages, Indeed Our Third Rock from the Sun...WE LOVE Rockila forever and ever !!!

Jody  :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:59:11 pm by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:00:12 pm »
Ric and Anne

Well, congratulations!!  It's not an easy task.  Rocky did an incredible job this last year.  He might have looked as calm as a cucumber but I'll bet you dollars to donuts his t-cells took a dive.  It's certainly not a job for one person.  I'm not even sure 2 people can handle it.  so I want  you to know, I will help you in any way possible. I would love to.  It's a little early to know exactly what you're getting into but I think you'll find  soon enough just how full your plate is.  

Let me help you.  That's what I'm here for.  

robert

(whose only going to give 100%.  Anything beyond that I consider an imaginary number and I mean business!)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:00:35 pm »
I think Ric and Anne are great choices as co-coordinators. I believe they are perfectly suited to the task.

As Jody said, this is a great start. I'll also pitch in should you need me. I have limited experience in such things.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:02:19 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 02:37:24 am »
Dearest Rocky

You have did a wonderful Job organizing Toronto and Montreal, thank you for everything and for making them so memorable for all of us, I can only imagine how exhausting it must have been for you on your own... I believe that Ric and Ann will be perfect for the AMG 07..so they definitely get my vote.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 11:21:29 am »
DITTO Jan!!

Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline Cliff

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 12:47:44 pm »
Rocky,

You did an outstanding job in Montreal.  This thankless position sorta fell in your lap, but you took it and ran with it, only so that the gathering would be enjoyed by others.  That's a testament to your character.  Well that and the fact that you stress too damn much.  God bless damn fool.

So to Mr. Thrusted-upon you, thankless Organizer of AMG 2006......Thank you.  Thank you very much.

I believe that Ric and Anne would be great to tackle AMG 07.  I'm sure they will have the full support of all those who wish to help out.  And I wish them well with that cat herding thing.  Cause, nobody own a cat.  Nobody!  But if Ric and Anne ever need some advice, please click here....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7635587316493151891

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 12:59:32 pm »
i second what cliffy said so well.

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 02:46:50 am »
I can't add much to what others have already said.  Rocky, you did an amazing job.  You're a rockstar!!!   ;)  (btw, haven't seen a salt shaker yet  :D )

I think Ric and Ann would be great.
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 02:18:43 pm »
Ric and Anne have my vote.....
of course I do have a soft spot for both of them.

A Big Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 09:18:00 am »
I am confidant that Anne, and Ric will do a fabulous job. I offer myself for any help they may need.
WAHOO !!! Let the planning begin. ;D
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:42:13 am »
Anne & Ric have my vote!

Offline ozjen

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 07:44:10 am »
As everyone who went to Montreal knows.....herding cats is not easy.......lol. I felt for you Rocky. Ric and Anne have my vote just for putting their hands up........and i reckon they'll do a stirling job as well, with their backgrounds.
love and hugs
Jen    xxxxxxxxx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.