Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:04:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 471
Total: 474

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Western Blot  (Read 3805 times)

Offline purplerain

• finally figured out the pic thing
Western Blot
« on: July 01, 2006, 07:19:39 am »
Well went in yesterday and got the results from my Western Blot.
Still Poz.   I didn't go in expecting it not 2 be but I have 2 admit, there was a part of me that hoping like ALL HELL that it was a false Poz. 
It wasn't as bad getting the news this time as it was the first time with the rapid test but yesterday was still a pretty rough day 4 me.  I feel like a couple of the people I have told feel like it's been a week and I should be over it and back 2 normal and as much as I wish that was the case It's just not in the cards 4 me right now.  I have way 2 much shit running thru my mind that sometimes I find it hard 2 even keep up with conversations.
I also had 2 disclose 2 someone that there was a chance he was infected and that was one of the hardest things I have had 2 do EVER.  He seemed 2 be understanding about it but time will tell. 
YESTERDAY SUCKED
HOWEVER ON THE GOOD SIDE LOL
Got a lot done after getting my results.
I met with a counselor/case management type person there in the same office and ended up making the appointment with my
I.D. doc this Monday 2 get my full screens, got an appointment with an H.I.V. therapist on the 13th, got in touch with my local AIDS organization and got the ball rolling on that.   
I am anxious and scared about getting my initial numbers and yet at the same time I wish they would be here tomorrow LOL does that make sense to any one else??

Ok enough out of me I need 2 try and get some sleep if I can

Thanks 4 reading/listening
JAG

Offline Teresa

Re: Western Blot
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:40:01 am »
JAG,
I thought about you all day yesterday. So sorry about your diagonisis, but now you know for sure and you have done the right thing in getting the ball rolling.

Give yourself some time..its been 2 months for us and im sure not sure that i feel "normal" half the time. My life has changed for sure and it will never be the same as it was before but its not the end of the world. Things are starting to fall into place slowly but surely.

You have alot of people here at Aids/Med that will be here for you. You hang in there hon. Wish i was there to give ya a big hug.

Hugs JAG
From TAG
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 10:02:29 am »
Hi Jag,

Sorry to read you've gotten confirmation. It's going to take a while to get adjusted to the news. You're doing very well so far in dealing with it. Just realize that you have support here and from others you are already checking out.

Allow yourself time to get accustomed to living with HIV in your life. Gradually you will learn whatever you need to know. If you think of questions to ask your doctor, write them down so you don't have to rely on your memory. Make notes if you need to when you talk with your doctor.

You'll find some helpful information in some of the lessons on this site as well.

You're always welcome here to ask questions or to discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:47:40 am »
Hey Jag,
Sorry for the confirmation. But you have done all the right things.

Now, try to take some time to relax, try to put this out of your mind (easier said than done) and just let the dust settle a little bit.

The reaction of your friends, while sad, is common. They don't understand what you are going through.

I have had people tell me, "Well, everyone has to have something wrong with them." Yeah, right.

But, keep in mind we understand and will be here for you.

Hang in there.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Christine

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »
Hi Jag,
I am sorry about the results, but you are taking all the right steps. It is very hard in the beginning. I would hide in the closet, crying, afraid to go out, afraid to go to the doctors. Take one day at a time, talking to a therapist is a great thing also.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.