Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:43:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 463
Total: 465

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: how do u work this site  (Read 6087 times)

Offline Rockit

• i want it all - i will shine
how do u work this site
« on: December 05, 2006, 09:08:42 pm »
im freakind out here. >:(

ok any ways well i see wht seems like people posting mssggs. and i want to reply or comment wht i think . but i dont knw how. so i saw a button said- post topic. and i clicked here i am . lets see wht this does? ???

i will figure it out. i got so use to MYSPACE>com  but any whoo. i will star by saying ...
 all the way from south texas!  introducing ME and i have a face pic. maybe not for long . thats wht my subject is about.

im browsing away on these forums and personals, and realise many dont have any information other than screen name and or random pic of a dog or building.

are we hidding from something or some one? is this a hook up site where we hide behinde fake pics? are we realllyt trying to communicate and reachout? well i feell like thiers no one real out thier.

how can i get to knw about YOU when all i see is blanks and comments all over the site.

howwill i knw wht i have in common with u?

ok ill get on laters, i love rocky road ice cream...YUM YUM

[attachment deleted by admin]
...after the storm, the calm......

Offline java2

Re: how do u work this site
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:37:23 am »
I NEED TO CHAT TO OTHER MEMBERS HOW DO I DO IT
[/quote]

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:49:50 am »
are we hidding from something or some one?
How did you find us?  Damn Peter, I thought no one would think to look under the rug! Just don't tell the cats ???
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline chadnla

• Relaxed in SoCal
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 08:51:22 pm »
i agree, it is confusing at first. hit reply to add to a topic. you already figured out how to post a new topic. unfortunately i don't there is a chat. would just have to IM using outside service i guess. if you find out let me know.
"I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing."

Offline Rockit

is this my own little area?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:59:10 am »
     cool if it is.. today is sat. morning my tummy hurts right now >:( . i want tacos!

its now dec. and oct5 was the day i got my results. 2months. it feels like time goes by slowly. but at the same time i cant belive it*me?!  have i been chosen? to do what?  well like IMAN says in her champain. she wants to put a face to whts going on in Africa. i in some way feel i want to put a face to HIV here where i live and maybe else where. so one day more poeple will help fight this desease. beacuse they knw/knew of some one who has IT.     
   yesterday after noon i went back to my job where i was working before i got sick tomy stomach inpart due to the status.  one of those apportunistic deseases. i was advice to not work for a few month. im frustratedbeing at home. but  iknw if for my best interest.  i can only take so much tv.and being in one house with MOM! lol
i needed to goback and tell some of my ex-co-workers about the wonderfull blessing GOD had done for me couple of months ago. when it seemed i was going to accompany my  DAD in heaven. if let me stay i feel i owe him ,my self , my loved ones something. and if i have this i want to make a diff. not go by unoticed. and no its not a thing that happens to promescuouse , party animal,kids like me.  now my co-workers think ive turned jahova or something . but i dont care wht any one thinks like i use to. paranoid me*  i care wht GOD thinks and thats it.
but i doo fee more of  us need to come out and talk , teach, voice, yell, that we have it and are ok.
OK- no one said it would be easy, no one said it would be this hard.

lets take it back to the begening.

Offline chadnla

• Relaxed in SoCal
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 11:21:18 am »
well Rockit, i found out a month before i was laid off from my job. talk about freaked out, but as my best friend put it "Maybe someone up above felt that you needed time to deal with it. It will all work out". And it did. I went on temp disability per my doc to get through emotionally and now that i look back, it was nice to have a few months off to deal with it.

best of luck. of course this forum you can use to ask any questions you want. everyone is very helpful.
"I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing."

Offline Rockit

im getting the hang of it
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 01:05:03 pm »
                      hey guy and gril bellow this or above this. lol ithink imgetting the hang of it. wish me luck.

yes time helps im not sure it heals but it wht we have time.  come wht may as the song from MOULIN ROUGE. la lala... oh yeah i learned a smal lesson about nto taking the meds. looking backiknw why the nurses and doctors were so addiment about metking them. they were only trying to help keep me alive. :o   but for nowthings are ok. anything from now on is a plus or GOD;s grace.   how r u guys doing?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 01:49:06 pm »
Hi Rockit and welcome to the forum.

I meant to move this post into the Living forum the other day (so you'll get more responses) but I see I forgot to. Sorry! I'll move it now...

You might find the help pages for these forums useful - Click here!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 02:04:11 pm »
Welcome Rockit.  We arent Hiding per se.  Some people like to keep things PRIVATE which is different from SECRET.

Everyone , amost everyone, here respects the others privacy and we disclose what we want WHEN we want. 

Good luck figuring out the site.  Try using the spell checker some, it will help clean up your posts a little and may generate you some responses.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Longislander

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 03:31:38 pm »
Hi Rockit, welcome. I'm not ready to post a full face pic yet, but you'll get to know me by my posts, in time.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Dan J.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 04:11:04 pm »
Hi Rockit,

Welcome to the forum. Like someone else said some of us like to keep things more private than others. I personally don't care who knows my status.  I LIVE with it, THEY don't. Thanks for the PM, send me one anytime. Glad you found us.

Dan

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 04:27:11 pm »
There are inherent differences between social networking (myspace) and a message board.

If folks here really want to form a chat room only for members of this message board I would suggest setting one up on IRC as it is cross platform.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Eldon

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 01:13:41 am »
Hello Rockit,

I wish to extend to you a WARM WELCOME here at the AM forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

With the consideration of implementing a Positive Mental Attitude, it will also assist you on your journey in this life as well as having a Positive Impact on your immune system.

In fact, through your Positive Mental Attitude, it will help you push forward through all of the obstacles on your path that you are now walking on.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time.

Often the act of writing and the ability to “see” your feelings leads to therapeutic insights and solutions. .

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and you may want to keep an eye on your diet.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 12:29:07 pm »
Ahhhhhhhh THE HANDSHAKE OF DOOM!!!!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Rockit

im getting it
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 09:58:26 pm »
   thanks alot people. yes i knw its not myspace. and i guess its just the way i feel at the moment that quides me into writting what i do.  i want to thank u so much for the replys i do feel like someone is out thier.  i once posted something about why we dont have a face pic.- if it ment we were hidding. but look at me now. i have toons. i had an inciident the other day, long story. so i decided to put my face/I.D. away for now.   :-\   

as for me im25, diagnosed in oct.06. i had never gone tested before. and the doctor said i had it for maybe 3 yrs.  :o
i almost went to heaven but GOD left me down here for a reason. wht it is im trying to finde out. 

love JAVI

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.