Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HANDjob? ARS AFTER 3 WEEKS?  (Read 18956 times)

Offline tarkan

HANDjob? ARS AFTER 3 WEEKS?
« on: September 04, 2007, 08:42:39 pm »
HELLo well my name is jorge and im from texas. ok I got sent here from medhelp website and they said that they can tell me about my risk here, um im 21 and im really nervous. I read your transmission thingy and it didnt say anythign about handjobs or anything so i got relieved. Um well i got a handjob at a massage parlor 3weeks ago and as of now i developed a sore throat, i checked and i didnt have any stds and doc said i would of noticed symptoms of stds since im a guy and im uncircumsized. Well now im worried about hiv. I read millions of stories like this and it didnt say any risk about getting hiv through hand however i have symptoms i think i have  a sore throat i just got it this morning and i hope it isnt Hiv. I never get sick and im drinking tetraciclin i dont know if u know wat it is i think its an antibiotic i drink 500mg of it every 6hrs doc gave it to me just in case i had an infection. IF im on this then y do i have a sore throat shouldnt this prevent it?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: HANDjob? ARS AFTER 3 WEEKS?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:58:28 pm »
Tarkan,

Getting or giving a handjob is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. Never has been, never will be. And yes, tetracycline is an antibiotic.

Your symptoms are something you need to discuss with your doctor, but I can tell you they have nothing to do with HIV. I don't know why they couldn't have told you this at medhelp.

You don't need to test for HIV as a result of getting your harbl stroked.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:59:13 pm »
Read the lesson on transmission. The link can be found in the "Welcome" thread. You weren't told to come here from Medhelp.

Offline tarkan

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:21:29 pm »
yes i did, the guy pmed me telling me about this site NOT In the forum in a private message. wELL then i guess thanks can u guys tell me wat ARS is though and does everyone who is hiv+ get it.

Offline tarkan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:24:02 pm »
And rapid rod i read the hiv transmission thing and it said it was vaginal, anal and theorotically oral but i dont know what that is either, i never got oral. it DIDNT say anything about getting handjobs but my sore throat remains not very sore but like i u know wat i think i may have caused it cuz i didnt drink alot of water and yea.. ok well this is very helpful jee thanks, so can i forget about this hole episode and go on with my life? And are u absolutely sure i didnt get hiv from that situation? i read another story but its not identical to mine, but both of us diddnt penetrate. Can i put this behind me?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:31 pm »
Yes Tarkan, we're sure. You can put this behind you.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 10:37:46 pm »
Tark, the reason there isn't any mention of handjobs is because they are not in any way, shape or form a risk for HIV transmission. Not even if the person has nicks on their hand or you have them on your dick. HIV transmission absolutely doesn't happen in that way.

THe real risk for HIV transmission sexuall is via unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Everything esle sexually is pretty much theoretical, which means in the real world of HIV infections don't happen in all those other ways people worry about. Use a condom everytime you have intercourse and you'll be covered.

As for your symptoms, if they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. This is not an HIV situation so get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tarkan

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 10:58:34 pm »
thanks alot take care all of you.

Offline tarkan

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 02:04:06 am »
I have a general question, its not about my risk situation or anything i know it was a no risk sitiuation. How come if im on antibiotics i got a sore throat, can this be normal? and i also want to know what ars is, i cant seem to find a straight answer on the internet they all tell me when do they begin etc. i JUST want to cure my ignorance because i thought i had ars and i didnt even know wat it was

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 04:49:22 am »
tarkan,

If you have questions about your sore throat or the treatment your doctor put you on, you'll have to ask the doctor. We cannot diagnose you here and neither do we have a crystal ball with which to read your doctor's mind.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 06:35:05 am »
yes i did, the guy pmed me telling me about this site NOT In the forum in a private message. wELL then i guess thanks can u guys tell me wat ARS is though and does everyone who is hiv+ get it.

That is kinda of weird, because Medhelp hasn't started the PM program yet.

Offline tarkan

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 08:55:50 am »
it might have been yahoo answers where i got info about this site, i just noticed that the medhelp layout is different from the message i received. Can u tell me wat ARS Means?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:19:06 am »
I suspect you're still edging your way around worrying unnecessarily, but I'll answer that specific question anyway.

ARS = acute retroviral symptoms. It's a complex of symptoms which many but not all experience when the body is seroconverting. It may include a high fever, a flat rash on torso and arms and legs which appears and then disappears in a week or two, sore throat, etc. Many of the symptoms are similar to flu which is why people often mistake symptoms they have for ARS instead of the flu. With some symptoms are so mild as to come and go unnoticed.

Because of the similarity to flu among other occurences, in cases where there has been a real risk like unprotected intercourse getting tested at 13 weeks after the incident is the only reliable way to know HIV status accurately.

Andy Velez

Offline tarkan

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 04:02:09 pm »
:D, yea well i dunno its just an awful coincididence that i got the sore throat 3weeks after exposure, but its gone i mean thanks i dont have anymore questions, i am safe. Bye

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:59 pm »
And that's all it was. An awful coincidence. You're home free right now with regards to HIV.

Time to get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tarkan

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 12:04:12 am »
cool thanks, umm u guys need to get involved in colleges and highscools. theres alot of abstincence people that feed us bullshit and scare us away from sex. I seriously never knew there was treatment to aids and antiretrovirals, that can make hiv+ people live a lifetime, its great. i dunno guys i think there will be a cure sometime soon, like in 5 more years. or 10. I guess its not a life threatnening situation anymore, but are there people that die even if there on antiretrovirals like from aids? well like idont mean those who are in terminal hiv and were diagnosed with it when they were at the final stage, but those who were newly diagnosed. This is a great info site, hopefully i will be able to help those who were in my situation and help cure ignorance. I want to be a part of your team, and help take out the stigma in aids and hiv. How do i get started in doing that? people have to change there prespectives but i dont know how to get started, there has to be  away in taking that stigma out.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 04:50:01 am »
tarkan,

If you want to help, look in your local phone book for your nearest hiv/aids organisation and see if they need volunteers. Most do - and will train you. Training is essential.

As for helping on this site, it's not possible, sorry. We don't have the resources to train you. I'd like to draw your attention to the following posting guideline, found in our Welcome Thread:

Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

Make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tarkan

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 12:38:50 am »
hey guys, well i contacted my local aids/hiv organization and it turns out that there was an aids day this week, i dunno which day though. Anywho they are looking forward to train me and i might get an hourly salary, i need the job since im still in college so yea. Im going to be in a campaign supporting people with hiv and educating others about the disease. Well i wont do that ill just be spectating but its some sort of training, i still need to learn more about the subject. Well just came back to say thanks for helping me and maybe we will meet sometime hehe.

peace

Tarkan ;D

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 06:03:25 am »
Tarkan,

Good luck with the training.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tarkan

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 10:46:04 pm »
hello well hi, i know u said that my risk was no risk, but i think i may have put myself at risk, um my exposure happend august 8th and today i think i had a discharge, i dunno if it was because before i urinated i squeezed mypenis head and white stuff came out that looked like semen, i dunno if its normal but if it isnt im screwd. IF i caught ghonorrea then i should also be atrisk for hiv because Ghonorrea is only aquired sexually however i hadnt had discharge before till now wtf! AND i got a handjob at a stupid massage parlor and i may have touched her vagina with the tip of my penis, i read something about this before but damn i dunno im scared.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 05:09:09 am »
Tarkan,

Take your willy to your doctor. We cannot diagnose such things over the Internet nor are we remotely interested in what you squeeze from your knob.

MtD

Offline tarkan

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 11:26:39 pm »
thanks matty, tommorrow i will test for Ghonnorrea, chlamydea, And NGU thanks guys and i wont post about my NO RISK SITUATION i got it I UNDERSTAND. um can i ask one question though what did u guys do when u found out u had hiv? What happened to your life, your friends, and your love life, can u still fall in love with a non aids person? I mean it is harder but and how do the meds work? CAN U get aids even though your in meds?

Offline tarkan

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:30 pm »
i ment non hiv person

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 01:44:34 am »
Tarkan,

The correct terms are "HIV positive person" and "HIV negative person". As for the rest of your questions, well we just get on with our lives as best we can. Be sure you follow the safer sex guidelines in our Lessons and you'll never have to worry about it.

On medications, your question is unclear. If you mean can HIV still be transmitted through unprotected anal and/or vaginal sex even if a positive person is on ARV medication then the answer is a definite 'yes'.

If you mean can an HIV positive person progress to a diagnosis of AIDS even when taking ARV medication then the answer to that is also 'yes'. ARV medications are not a cure or permanent solution to the HIV problem.

MtD

Offline tarkan

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 02:22:52 am »
how long does the average person who has newly hiv diagnose last in hiv status with arv meds before they get to aids stage?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 02:29:09 am »
Persons on HAART may never come down with AIDS.

Offline tarkan

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 10:48:49 pm »
sup guys, hey today i went to my local std clinic and i got tested for everything. They interviewed me ab teout the hiv thing and why i thought i had it and i said i got a handjob at a massage place. I was told that it was possible to get hiv from this because my penis produces a liquid when its erect and if i touched my dick and touched her vagina u could get hiv that way and thats fluid exchange. So im feeling really bad right now. I never thought this would happen. I argued with her that hiv was unable to infect when it contacted air and etc, but she kept telling me that the risk was mild and etc. What do u guys think about this, i have to wait 1 week for my results to get back and im gona have to call. Im scared if i happened to test negative at 5 weeks which is what i testet at,ut it. can i forget about it?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 05:42:02 am »
Tark,

Some places operate a CYA policy (cover your ass) - just in case their patients are't being 100% honest with their sexual history. Some employees sometimes just like to make people squirm and some employees don't know what they're talking about. Which was the case at the clinic you went to, I don't know. I don't care either, frankly.

The bottom line here is that hiv is NOT transmitted during mutual masturbation. It IS transmitted through uprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. YOU did not have a risk.

You can test all you like, but unless you've been having unprotected intercourse that you haven't told anyone about, you're just going to test hiv negative.

No risk = no hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tarkan

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 11:20:26 pm »
i know that im no risk, uve made that very clear in the first post. Can i ask something for future reference? well wat if u rub closley and she has vaginal fluids and i have fluids of my own. IS that risk for hiv? or no i didnt do this this is for future reference just in case, but i plan to use condoms all the way. I just wna know if i can do that

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 05:47:04 am »
tark,

What you describe - rubbing of the genitals together on the OUTSIDE - is called frottage and frottage is not a risk. The ONLY danger from frottage where hiv is concerned is if you get carried away and actually put your penis INSIDE without a condom.

You should know that while frottage is NOT a risk for hiv, it IS a risk for the other, more easily transmitted STIs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes and others. But it is NOT a risk for hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tarkan

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 10:09:51 pm »
im still waiting for my results, im scared of being positive. i tested at 4.85 weeks how reliable is that? i heard 80% Of people tested positive at 4weeks. Do they call u for ur results or do u have to call them. tHEY Told me to wait a week. IM so scared.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 04:21:28 am »
tark,

Different clinics give out results in different ways. You'll have to call the clinic YOU went to and find out. We don't have crystal balls here. (brass ones sometimes, but not crystal)

Your 4.85 week test will be conclusive as you did NOT have a risk. Getting a handjob or a blowjob are not risks for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tarkan

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 02:20:46 am »
im scared

Offline tarkan

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 09:29:13 am »
guys do people who r seroconverting always have a fever?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 09:47:18 am »
Tark,

No, some people notice absolutely nothing at all.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. You don't need to know about seroconversion illness because it isn't going to happen to you as a result of this handjob. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse in future and you won't EVER have to worry about seroconversion illness.

Did you bother to read the posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread like I've asked you to do? Because if you did, you would have seen the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned. If you continue to post about this no-risk handjob, I'll have no option but to give you a time out. I won't warn you again.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tarkan

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 10:13:03 am »
ive already seen people outside, adn i got a blood test but i havent goten my resuts, its because i woke up and i have a really bad sore throat and a slighty runny nose. IT hurts to swallow.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:59 am »
Tark,

The point is, you didn't have a risk for hiv infection. This means that whatever is causing your sore throat, it isn't hiv. This forum is for hiv concerns and getting a handjob is NOT a concern when it comes to hiv. Go see your doctor.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. It will last for four weeks. Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 10:24:58 am »
Tark,

I've just realised you've already created a second account to get around a time out - you also have an account here under the name of jedispider.

That's it mate, you're outta here. Banned, permanently.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.