Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:08:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 324
Total: 325

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: yay!  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
yay!
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »
It started out like every other doctor's appointment...  there I was, lying on the floor, looking directly at the light on the ceiling, with my legs resting calf to seat.  BLAH< BLAH< BLAH< BLAH>>>

He didn't tell me ANYTHING I didn't already know... but from this angle, Dr. Q always looks cute. :)  unfortunately, though the real reason I was laying this way was so that I can deal with the realities that I may not be prepared to handle (In case you didn't figure it out, I like to take it lying down).

So, we're treating the cholesterol...  no HIV meds yet (thus, the "yay") thank god. :)

Perhaps next time.  I'm gonna harness my positive thoughts and become a LTNP.  You'll see! (or not)

Anyway, thanks for all the positive thoughts already. :)  *hugs* to everyone!  :)  yay!

-joseph

Offline Robert

Re: yay!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:40:30 pm »
You see, Joseph, all that worrying for nothting.  All Dr. Q (hubba hubba) wanted, I suspect, was an excuse to get you on the floor of his office.

Keep this in mind next time he calls.  Let us know and we'll send you more vibes (you have an unlimited allotment).  Who knows, we keep this up and  you'll have more than enough to reache that LTNP status you covet so.

robert

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:41:55 pm »
Yay for you Joseph!  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:57:57 pm »
It started out like every other doctor's appointment...  there I was, lying on the floor, looking directly at the light on the ceiling, with my legs resting calf to seat. 

Are you sure you didn't step into the Treasure Island Media studios by mistake?

(Glad to hear about no meds for now....about that cholesterol though, Mister.... ;))

Hugs,
John (who is a LTSGP, long-term Speedy Gonzalez progressor)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:13:09 am »
Are you sure you didn't step into the Treasure Island Media studios by mistake?

You have to understand... it's often easier for me to talk about difficult things if I can remove the stress and uncomfortability surrounding them.. which is why I lay on the floor whenever I go to visit him. 

He used to think it odd until I told him about what I used to make my old roommate do at the University of Iowa...   My roommate was a straight man, and the agreement was that whenever we needed to talk about serious issues, we had to put on these old lady caftan frocks that I picked up at the thrift store.  Needless to say, there were only a handful of issues in the two years we lived together - and I think it was because he was closet cross-dresser.

Anyway, It made us laugh so much that nothing we said could be taken personally, and everything became much easier to talk about.

Diffusing the stress is an easy thing for me.  I won't even tell you what I do at work... LOL   Everyone will probably think I'm a freak now.  :)

-joseph

Offline rick21007

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:35:36 am »

Congratulations Joseph!   You have always seemed like a freaky kind of guy to me, so it would hardly be surprising if you were a LTNP too.   So how do you connect this victory to the chi of Joseph??   I'd love to lie down draped in a kaftan on the floor and look up at the ceiling----scratch that, lie down on the lawn in GGP looking up at the blue sky, and discuss that with you for a few hours.

Rick

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 02:50:54 am »

Everyone will probably think I'm a freak now.  :)

-joseph

Nah...just makes you more interesting.

Hugs,
John

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 03:09:08 am »
I wouldn't consider you a freak because of that, we all have our quirks or whatever you wish to call them. It is part of what makes us unique. Congrats on the not having to take your meds.... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 03:32:11 am »
CAFTAN FROCKS!!!

nuf said!

v. la fetch!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.