Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:32:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Psychological Problems/Bi-Polar/Anxiety  (Read 4417 times)

Offline SANJUANDUDE

Psychological Problems/Bi-Polar/Anxiety
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
 :)  Sometimes I may use too many words to describe something, and this is simply because I don't know how to describe it. :o  Well yesterday, I was "let go" from my job as a waiter.  Yeah, what a loser, right.  He said to me, after only one month, "it's just not working out."  Oh' well, I'll survive.  But sometimes I feel that it may be me because I would go into this place and no click with the co-workers; however, they were about 20+ years younger than me.   I am 45.  This past year when I go out to work, the grocery store, or anywhere which is going to take a lengthy period of time, I just can't wait to get back home.  I hate being out now in public, and it seems to get worse as time goes on.  For a while, I thought it was just a little phase that I was going through, but no.  I don't know how else to say it, but if I am just going to the post office, and I know that will take just a few minutes, well then I am fine.  Well, as fine as it gets these days, but if I have to go to the grocery store or work as a server the anxiety just gets to me, and I'm not myself anymore.  Not at all!!!!  My employer said to me, and quite pleasantly yesterday just a little after noon, "this just isn't working, your a good guy, and it just seems that sometimes your not here and very unhappy.  I don't think it is this place as much but something outside."  I was thinking to myself, if only you knew.  It was a bit surprising to me because most places that I have ever bartended or been a waiter, even the truck stop (Petro) in Alabama, I was considered one of the best servers on the floor, and they hated to see me go when I relocated.  It's my head these days, not that I can't do the job.  I could go on all night about this.  My partner doesn't work any longer due to being advanced.  Thankfully, we are not broke, and there have been a few kind persons to help us out either by family or through the webpage via paypal.   It was the same way at another job.  Sometimes I would just have this anxiety with issues that is unlikely, HIGHLY UNLIKELY, to ever occur.  I don't get it.  Have any of you in here ever dealt with similar issues.  Does the virus eventually affect the brain chemistry...??  I have a physician appointment tomorrow and may or may not bring it up with her.

http://timehasshownme.com

10/2011-CD-4-598-Undetectable
01/2012-CD-4-758-Undetectable
04/2012-CD$-780-70 Viral Load
08-2012-CD4-846--20 viral load
02/2013-CD$ 865----20 Undetectable Viral Load
08/2013- CD4-898----<20 undetectable viral load

Offline phost86

Re: Psychological Problems/Bi-Polar/Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »
:)  Sometimes I may use too many words to describe something, and this is simply because I don't know how to describe it. :o  Well yesterday, I was "let go" from my job as a waiter.  Yeah, what a loser, right.  He said to me, after only one month, "it's just not working out."  Oh' well, I'll survive.  But sometimes I feel that it may be me because I would go into this place and no click with the co-workers; however, they were about 20+ years younger than me.   I am 45.  This past year when I go out to work, the grocery store, or anywhere which is going to take a lengthy period of time, I just can't wait to get back home.  I hate being out now in public, and it seems to get worse as time goes on.  For a while, I thought it was just a little phase that I was going through, but no.  I don't know how else to say it, but if I am just going to the post office, and I know that will take just a few minutes, well then I am fine.  Well, as fine as it gets these days, but if I have to go to the grocery store or work as a server the anxiety just gets to me, and I'm not myself anymore.  Not at all!!!!  My employer said to me, and quite pleasantly yesterday just a little after noon, "this just isn't working, your a good guy, and it just seems that sometimes your not here and very unhappy.  I don't think it is this place as much but something outside."  I was thinking to myself, if only you knew.  It was a bit surprising to me because most places that I have ever bartended or been a waiter, even the truck stop (Petro) in Alabama, I was considered one of the best servers on the floor, and they hated to see me go when I relocated.  It's my head these days, not that I can't do the job.  I could go on all night about this.  My partner doesn't work any longer due to being advanced.  Thankfully, we are not broke, and there have been a few kind persons to help us out either by family or through the webpage via paypal.   It was the same way at another job.  Sometimes I would just have this anxiety with issues that is unlikely, HIGHLY UNLIKELY, to ever occur.  I don't get it.  Have any of you in here ever dealt with similar issues.  Does the virus eventually affect the brain chemistry...??  I have a physician appointment tomorrow and may or may not bring it up with her.

Well, we all get slower with age:) I'm 49 and don't know were my day went,LOL!
Talking to a doctor sure will relieve your mind. That's probably all you need:)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 05:16:15 am »
You should definitely mention this to your doctor. There's no point in suffering in silence.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:09:18 am »
You have got a lot on your plate. Your other post informed about the health challenges of your partner. 

Please clarify the title of this thread for me, or others?  Are you bi-polar, diagnosed as such? Or is this something you are wondering you might be?  I read back through some of your posts but didn't see that mentioned.

Losing a job due to distance, being in a bubble, and also reporting that you want to be more and more reclusive.  This is not about aging, in my opinion.   I think you need more than just "a good talk" with someone, even the doctor. 

Seems to me you could be screened for depression and/or other mental health challenges, and/or cognitive problems.  Maybe you need treatment for depression?  Maybe you need some treatment to engage more with people and the world around you?  Post-traumatic stress, anxiety run amok?  Depression?  Something.

Or, are you already identified as bi-polar and being treated??

You shouldn't put up the feeling if you think its reducing the quality of your life. AT least get some counseling.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:30:46 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:47:58 am »
I don't get it.  Have any of you in here ever dealt with similar issues.  Does the virus eventually affect the brain chemistry...??  I have a physician appointment tomorrow and may or may not bring it up with her.

YES, it sure couldn't hurt bringing that up @ your doctors appointment, it's a very good place to start  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.