Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 321
Total: 322

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "I will go, if you will go with me"  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
"I will go, if you will go with me"
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:35 am »

William 1960-2009

Merry Christmas Will

Gentle Savior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFNnJObieA

Where are the signs? Which way should I go?
I planned each step but now I don’t know.
Tomorrow is a chasm of uncertainty
But, I will go there, if You’ll go with me.

Gentle Savior, lead me on.
Let Your Spirit light the way.
Gentle Savior, lead me on.
Hold me close and keep me safe.
Lead me on, Gentle Savior.

Why can’t I walk away from my regrets
And why is forgiveness so hard to accept.
My past surrounds me like a house I can’t afford.
But You say, "Come with me; don’t live there anymore."

And when I reach the valley every soul must journey through
I’ll remember then how well You know the way,
I’ll put my hand in Your hand like a trusting child would do
And say…

Wishing everyone a pleasant next few weeks...  
This has been a healing year for me.  All good memories and the spirit
lives on.

Love

Eric

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:11:22 am by Life »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: "I will go, if you will go with me"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:47:58 pm »
{{{{Hugs}}}

Merry Christmas Eric.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:28:31 am »
Jan, Merry Christmas to you and your family...  All your fellow countrymen seem to have moved up to my area of the mountains for the winter...  Great people....  Thank you for all your encouraging words this year.

Love

Eric

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 05:16:44 pm »
Good to hear from you, Eric. Great picture of William.

Wishing you sweet holidays and a happy and healthy New Year!
Andy Velez

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:49:41 am »
Hi Andy, William's folks sent me a bunch of pictures of Will in his young years..  After three memorials in Aspen, Denver and Boulder I feel I have honored him the way I was brought up.   In Boulder on the C U campus the staff planted a s sycamore tree just outside the library were Will worked for 25 years.  It will grow to sixty foot tall and span eighty foot years from now.  They say it will give the students shade for the next 100 years.  So when I am long gone, his memory lives on..  

Everyone now is moving me forward in a gentle way...

I am so much happier this Christmas..   Time helps as they say...

Happy holidays Andy.  

Eric
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 12:51:58 am by Life »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:20 am »
They say it will give the students shade for the next 100 years.  So when I am long gone, his memory lives on..
that's really beautiful  :-* :'(

Time helps as they say...
isn't it strange how that is? The loss doesn't go away but the pain isn't as, well, painful. Hard to believe that this would come true back when everyone was first saying it to you, isn't it?

It still makes me mad remembering the people who insinuated that it would all be better or that it would go away with time, because that isn't what happens at all. The grief is still there, you just learn to manage it somewhat so that it's not so all-consuming as those first days of endless tears.

I'm glad to hear that you're learning how to cope. Trust me, you'll be coping with losing Will for a long time, so having these new coping skills and integrating them into being part of your new life is the only way to keep moving forward - as you have already started to do. ;)

Happy Holidays Eric

:-* mikie
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 10:45:52 pm »
Mike....

I think when we first started talking a year or so ago, I felt I was on a good path..  I now know you are very right in that William will always be there and pop up at a moments notice.   I never want to forget but I also want to continue the journey without him being physically present by my side.   I just keep showing up and doing the best I know how to do and hopefully,  someone special will again step in front of me and I may have or may not, have the opportunity to share my life with someone else equally as important as William was....

Merry Christmas Mike, and thank you for showing me the way..

Hugs,

Eric

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:17:23 pm »
That's touching and beautiful about the tree, Eric. I can see William being very happy about that and enjoying the tree growing and giving shade to many for years to come.

Rock on buddy and have a wonderful New Year.

Abrazos.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.