Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:24:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 468
Total: 470

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A time to be thankful.  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
A time to be thankful.
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »
Hey Forum family this has been a long wait for some of us wanting the chance to go to Montreal. The time is almost here in under a week. I would like too take the time to say thanks to all of the ones that have done such hard work in putting together this gathering.

We all have had a tough year trying to get this Gathering going and finally we are almost there. To those that have changed there minds about going may you find your peace and no hard feeling's from your family here on Aidsmeds. Living with HIV has its moments and believe me it has its days where you wish you could just wake up and see it all gone. This gathering will mean the world too so many that are going.

So at the present lets try to move on and have a great time in Montreal. Forget about all the mad feelings we have had through this year and just be happy that we are alive and have such a wonderful family here on aidsmeds. Can't wait to finally get to meet some of you that I have gotten to know from on here and finally get to meet face to face. It is so different that having to look at a screen and wanting to reach through the screen and give that person a hug. After meeting a few of you last year in Nashville was great and it will be nice to see you and many of the others again.

So one big  ((((( HUG ))))) from me to you.

See you all in Montreal.  :-*

Offline kypozguy

• Kentucky Poz Guy
    • My group website
Well Said!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:22:37 pm »
Well said Jerry, 

I am looking forward to meeting you and everybody else during this "Positive" weekend in Montreal.  A positive attitude is so much more uplifting!  Cheers to all the organizers and safe travels to all the participants.  See you all in Montreal, eh?

Marc
See you at AMG 06--Montreal Quebec Canada--August 17 - 21, 2006

Diagnosed Oct 05, 1985

Organizer and Moderator of the Louisville Poz Buddies Social group in Louisville Kentucky USA.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: A time to be thankful.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 09:42:29 pm »
Jerry

You said it guy.

We are almost there.

I know I'm going to have a great time.  There is no question about that. 

I believe in these gatherings.  I believe in giving ourselves the chance to see, experience, laugh, and enjoy.  I believe in the power we all bring to the table. DRAMA BE DAMNED!  >:(

I believe that HIV be damned we are all about to do something, see something, experience something, that most of us never could have imagined as even a possibility.

Montreal is a beautiful city.

Canada is our gracious host country.

We are going to Montreal. 

We are living. 

I'm turning my focus to tomorrow and anxiously awaiting the privilege of meeting so many of you.

If I had to sum up my feelings. . . . ( and this comes from the bottom of my heart to everyone going and many more who will not, but are part of aidsmeds.com)

click on the link below . . . . . . . .

(NOTE:  DO ME ONE FAVOR.  DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND LISTEN TO THE WORDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N79FrrZElDA

RAB

WE'RE GOING TO MONTREAL
NOW SHUT UP, GET OVER IT, AND START PACKING!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:12:48 pm by RAB »

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:49:14 pm »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:16:57 am »
Jerry....

Indeed I am thankful for the privilege of gathering with you and all the others.  Its a honor to feel such love and support from people I haven't even met yet....I dare say this is a very special EVENT in my life and I am getting more anxious by the day.... :P  Now if I can just avoid getting lost in the airport, losing my luggage or getting strip searched by two over zealous Customs Agents...I'm gonna have the time of my life :P

And knowing how tall you are, good buddy...No comments about short people..OK? :-*

Madonna...Madonna...Madonna ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.