Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:02:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773207
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 525
Total: 528

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Left leg vibrates for 4 seconds like a cell phone? Magnesium deficiency?  (Read 54573 times)

Offline pozzitive

• LOVE heals everything!
I became paranoid after my seroconversion, I am always waiting for the next shoe to drop. My next horrible news, I know it is horrible, I am trying to fix this pattern with therapy and mediation, but it is hard. So whenever something weird hapens, my first reaction is to panic and always think the worst.

I've been noticing that my left leg vibrates. It happens so often and I always think it is my phone and I reach for it in my back pocket but then I have nothing there. It vibrates for 4 seconds stops for 5 and then vibrates again, very subtle almost unoticeable, it does it for a while then it stops. But it happens throughout the day. Now that I am paying attention I notice it a lot and I think I had it in the past. It comes and goes there are months that it is completely gone.

I am going through a period of high stress in my life.

I called my sister , she is a doctor and she said that Zync - Magnesium deficiency would do that or Sciatica.
Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Some asshole at work told me it could be MS or Parkinson

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:55:43 am by pozzitive »
POZ since 2000 • On Genvoya

"I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it.”

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Left leg vibrates for 4 seconds like a cell phone?

Have you tried answering it?

MtD

Offline pozzitive

• LOVE heals everything!
Thanks for making me laugh.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
. . . but seriously folks. :)

If it's something that is really worrying you, you should speak to your doctor. Ask about the magnesium thing too.

MtD

Offline pozzitive

• LOVE heals everything!
I always do, but trust me there were times that people here had more intelligent insights and were WAY much more compassionate than some of my doctors.

Offline TheRoof

I became paranoid after my seroconversion, I am always waiting for the next shoe to drop. My next horrible news, I know it is horrible, I am trying to fix this pattern with therapy and mediation, but it is hard. So whenever something weird hapens, my first reaction is to panic and always think the worst.

I've been noticing that my left leg vibrates. It happens so often and I always think it is my phone and I reach for it in my back pocket but then I have nothing there. It vibrates for 4 seconds stops for 5 and then vibrates again, very subtle almost unoticeable, it does it for a while then it stops. But it happens throughout the day. Now that I am paying attention I notice it a lot and I think I had it in the past. It comes and goes there are months that it is completely gone.

I am going through a period of high stress in my life.

I called my sister , she is a doctor and she said that Zync - Magnesium deficiency would do that or Sciatica.
Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Some asshole at work told me it could be MS or Parkinson
I suffer from the same thing. Sometimes my muscle twitches very quickly (But I am not on meds yet. Healthy. CD4 off 500's with Viral load of 11,000)

My take is you can rule out the hiv meds since I suffer from the same problem. I too suffer from stress and partial anxiety. When I am anxious/stressed this tends to happen Only then.
My take is that it is your stress that is causing it. (Like for me)

Have you taken any anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, or any other medications by any chance? (or stopped taking them)

Offline weasel

Hullo Pozzitve ,
                      I read this the other day ....

My arm VIBRATED for  two days after that  :o

I thought it was odd to vibrate  :)

I don't know why   it did . But it stopped  thankfully  .

Be well , don't worry about it ,
                                                                                  Carl       
" Live and let Live "

Offline chico_mkd

HI pozzitive,

I have the same problem but I also have been diagnosed with something else related to that.

I'm 6 mounts HIV+, not on meds yet, in perfect shape, 30 yo..
First I've noticed vibrations on my left arm 4-5 secs, few times daily till one day, when vibrations were not stopping whole day, my arm started to numb, with pain in my fingers..

I went to my ID and she told me maybe it is from to much stress or maybe the virus it self cause in it. She told me to take  vit B12 and Magnesium 400mg on daily bases. And for the first few days she prescribe me meds for anti-anxiety.

I must say this helped me and I'm still consuming B12 and Magnesium. My arm still vibrate but not so often..  :-\

Cheers

Offline chico_mkd

I wanna add something to the previous post..

Stress can make bigger damage to your body than the virus, believe me.

Read books, watch movies, hang out with your friends..

I was not so lucky and stress already made damage to me. (still not sure which is the real reason, virus or stress, but I assume that is the stress).

I hope you will be ok. And don't listen advice from people who are not + or ID  :)

Cheers to you

Offline TheRoof

Stress can make bigger damage to your body than the virus, believe me.

Read books, watch movies, hang out with your friends..

Yes!!! I know this from so much personal experience I agree with this 250% lol.

Offline lincoln6echo

Re: Left leg vibrates for 4 seconds like a cell phone? Magnesium deficiency?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 01:21:06 am »
Hi, i'm glad I found this post.

I am newly diagnosed (have a thread going in that section, had asked for some advice) in the past week and a half and had a double take when I read this thread.

That's exactly what I told my doctor what i've been feeling on my right leg...that when I first noticed it, I thought my cell phone was vibrating in my pocket but it wasn't even there.  He kind of dismissed it but since i'm not on meds yet, I'm thinking it's part of the stress level i'm experiencing, much like how i'm loosing hair (which he did identify was due to the extreme stress i'm under atm). 

I'll ask about the magnesium thing when I see him next...i'm also thinking of going on an anti anxiety med for a while to get a handle on things.

Offline PerfectlyHuman

Re: Left leg vibrates for 4 seconds like a cell phone? Magnesium deficiency?
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:31 am »
Have you tried answering it?

MtD

lmaooooooooooooo

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.