Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:59:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 637
Total: 637

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What is your favorite car your MOTHER drove ? or you !  (Read 25765 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: What is your favorite car your MOTHER drove ? or you !
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:25 pm »
The "Wish List"

1963 Studebaker Avanti R3 (Supercharged)

As you can see, I like 'em big, and I like 'em fast. Really fast.

CaptCarl

The parents of my sisters BF had one of these Avanti's.  I got to drive it a few times and it was slicker than deer guts on a door knob.  One night, I was driving into Sacramento, Bob was sleeping and I opened it up.  I was going nearly a hundred mph and my brothers wife and her boyfriend passed me like my lane wasn't even there.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline weasel

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2008, 07:33:02 am »
hey Carl
hey michael .

I would take ANY  Imperial Convertible  ANY  ;D

The Avanti storey ,going one hundred and " they " passed you !

Machael you left out WHAT  they were driving.

I MUST  assume it was a Cadillac                          BEEP  BEEP  ;)

I once thought about chopping the top off my 48' DeSoto ,not to practicle now
           Missouri not to dry                           LOL

keepem coming  :)

I love it ,   Karl

P.S.  Post a picture of a 1970 Cadillac Convertible ..............................
" Live and let Live "

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2008, 10:30:36 am »

My mother drove a 1969 Impala and my father had a 1967 Camaro SS.   One of my memories of the Impala is of me standing in the front seat, not sure if baby seats were mandatory at the time.  Went through 3 accidents not buckled in while standing on the front seat and never went through the windshield once.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2008, 03:03:01 pm »

The Avanti storey ,going one hundred and " they " passed you !

Machael you left out WHAT  they were driving.

I MUST  assume it was a Cadillac                          BEEP  BEEP  ;)

My brothers wife had a lot of boyfriends while he was in the Army and none of them drove Cadillacs.  This one drove a mid-sixties Ford Ranchero w/ Nitrous oxide conversion. N2O was not legal in California but it was in Oregon and with a P.O. Box across the state line, Oregon plates were available  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline weasel

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2008, 06:45:30 pm »
no beep   ;)

ZOOM ZOOM  :o
" Live and let Live "

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2008, 07:26:32 pm »
Michael,
     I once had a car with nitrous in it. I had it hooked up for about a year before I realized you could plumb it in to the engine too ;) ;) ;) Seriously though, nitrous is  big fun when installed in a car. It's scary as shit when installed on a Suzuki GSXR1100 sportbike that already has 130 hp at the rear wheels. Hit the little red button and see God. I blew by a minivan loaded with nuns so fast I though it has a Zebra in it.

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2008, 08:40:22 pm »
Michael,
     I once had a car with nitrous in it.

Hit the little red button and see God. I blew by a minivan loaded with nuns so fast I though it has a Zebra in it.

CaptCarl

Hey Carl,

The Nuns and the Zebra conjures visions and that is THE funniest thing, I have heard all day.  I never rode in the Ranchero because it was my brothers wife and he was in Vietnam.  I knew the car.  I did have a friend later who drove a Vette between San Francisco and Portland at least twice a week.  We were riding in Marin, in the 80's on 101, another Vette was about to pass...  He said "watch this" as he opened up a gas bottle, hit a switch and we were in the 140's range.  I saw god, using the lower case'g' so not to appear pretentious  ;D.  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.