Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:08:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone using the Atripla Copay Card?  (Read 12177 times)

Offline Ac75088

Anyone using the Atripla Copay Card?
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »
I finally got my insurance mess straight but my copay is gonna be $300 a month..Is it better to order a 2 or 3 month supply? Anyone else pay this much or more and using the copay card? I need to look into getting one now if it'll do me some good.

Offline RemyG1971

• E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa Try it to end the panic
Re: Anyone using the Atripla Copay Card?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:00 pm »
AC I have Insurance but still applied for a received the Atripla Asst Card in the mail. I plan on using it the next time I have to fill a Rx, like yours I believe it covers up to $300 a month. My current  Insurance allows me to fill 3 months Rx of Atripla for $90, I wonder if I will still be allowed to use this card?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »
http://www.atripla.com/copay-assistance.aspx

link to the site -- says up to $200/month (cap at $2400/year) unless you're in Massachusetts (I think)

check it out

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »
I called the number and got the info to take to the Rx! What a relief!! 200.00 off my meds today already. Copay is normally 355.00 a month but 155.00 is so much better

Offline Cosmicdancer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »
Glad to hear your co-pay is more manageable, AC.   

I'm using the Atripla card.  My co-pay had recently gone up from $30 to $130, so I got the card.  No my co-pay is $0, but I worry that next year, my co-pay will keep going up over year after year. 
Summer, 2007 - &$#@?
November, 2007 - Tested poz, 300,000 vl, 560 cd4
Feb, 2008 - 57,000 vl, 520 cd4, started Atripla
2/2008 - 5/2015 - undetectable on Atripla
May, 2015 - UD, switched to Complera
September, 2015 - UD, 980 cd4, switched to Stribild (Complera interacted with acid reflux medication)
January, 2016 - Stribild, UD, 950 cd4
June, 2016 - UD, 929 cd4

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:24 pm »
I wish my insurance was that good, but it's better than nothing I guess..I looked at my prescription and it said "your insurance saved you $2166.00" I almost cussed out loud

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »
Glad you're starting to get the assistance. What a relief, indeed.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »
I wish my insurance was that good, but it's better than nothing I guess..I looked at my prescription and it said "your insurance saved you $2166.00" I almost cussed out loud

That's what mine says when I get my script filled at Walgreen's -
I have a $60 copay - but the Atripla copay card picks that up - I have had the card for about a year and a half. You have to renew it every year.

It has saved me about $1,100 since I've had it.

Maybe someday we will see the price come down - it is sickening that 30 pills can cost that much - works out to about $72 a pill.

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »
Thanks guys..I couldn't believe how easy the process was..only 5 min on the phone and another 5 at the pharmacy while they called to find out how to take care of it

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 08:34:17 am »
You should also find there will not be an "interaction" of any sort with pharmacy staff for future pickups. Your co-pay card number is now on file and will be automatically factored in to the process. I never have to say or do anything. Given Phil's post, I'll note in my December calendar to call the companies (I deal with two -- one for Isentress and the other Truvada) regarding renewal.

Offline WorriedWife

• Our Little Gift From God
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »
Can anyone tell me how they got the card. My husband just got a prescription for Atripla, he went to fill it and was told it would be almost 1800. This is because I have a high deductible insurance and have to meet the deductable before the insurance will cover it. Please help, I have no idea how to come up with this much money to get his meds.

Thanks
"Everything Happens for a Reason"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »
http://www.atripla.com/copay-assistance.aspx

Today, open this link and CALL THE NUMBER EMBEDDED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. Don't get sidetracked by reading the directions, just call.  Less than five minutes and you're on the way to enjoying savings!

Please report back in, will ya?

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »
Will do thanks for the info. Can I call or will my husband need to call since its his meds?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »
Can't imagine why you can't call. I called on behalf of a relative for an ATRIPLA card and it was NO problem at all. My own cards are with two other companies.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 04:57:20 pm »
I re-read your earlier post. If you do this today, you can take the number they give you over the phone and trot right down to the pharmacy with it. You don't have to have the fancy card which comes in the mail later. One of my cards is actually an online printout version. But you will get a plastic card soon in the mail which you won't need because the pharmacy will have your husband's number on file and it shouldn't be an issue again until you need to renew.

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
Ok I called and this is what I was told. I can not use the copay assistence card until after I meet my deductable. So Im still in the same position. They did transfer me to another program that is offered and since I live in GA that really limits the type of assistence I can get but he did tell me to go to www.needymeds.org and fill out an appeal and submit all the paperwork it requires. If the appeal is approved then we will be able to get the meds for free for a year. So I guess I will try and do that and see what happens. I just have a feeling they are going to tell me that I dont qualify.

Thanks for the help

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 09:42:18 pm »
Hey WW,

I apologize -- I didn't have a deductible to deal with and I concede when I saw your post I thought you needed help engaging the card sign-up process.

I suppose the silver lining is that they gave you an additional source to check out.

Try to be optimistic until you get the final word.

Again, I apologize, but I'm also most hopeful your appeal is granted.

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16:40 pm »
Hey everyone,

I just thought I would update everyone on some good news for me. My husband still doesnt have his meds but on the bright side. CVS made a claim to the insurance for his med (even though it wasent filled) and because there was an EOB filed I was able to make the claim for the amount to my Flex account. I was just notified that the claim as approved and they will pay it. So hopefully by Friday we will be able to fill his prescription  ;D ;D ;D YAY

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 04:59:07 pm »
Wonderful news. Hopefully, the next good news is word on your appeal.

Offline WorriedWife

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »
Ok so I have an update on my situation. I was unable to get assistence other then the copay card from Atripla, I did get my flex payment for the prescription so my husband now has his meds. I called Atripla and they just issued the copay card to me :) Better late then never :D So at least next month we will save a little money on his prescription :D Thanks for all the help and advise from everyone here.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 09:07:35 pm »
This is good news, WW!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.