Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:32:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773265
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 313
Total: 315

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Was Diana, Princess of Wales, a:

Tragic whore
Vapid slut
All of the above

Author Topic: Diana: We Remember  (Read 11252 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Diana: We Remember
« on: August 31, 2007, 05:05:07 pm »
Somewhere around now we celebrate 10 years of a world without everyone's favourite simpering victim. When she wasn't screwing arab playboys, she was pretending to care about AIDS sufferers or harrassing land mine victims.

We're grateful you're gone, Diana.

MtD

Dan J.

Re: Diana: We Remember
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »
She's been dead 10 years, let the girl rest for Pete's Sake.

Dan
(Who wasn't a "fan".)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »
I don't know about you sometimes Matty. We're? Meaning you, yourself and I. I'm not greatful that she is gone. If this was one of your jokes it was in bad taste.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:26:52 pm »
Poor taste maybe Roddles, but undeniably true. It's not like you knew the inbred wench.

MtD

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:40:02 pm »
So I don't guess you have a coffee table book on "The Life and Times of Princess Di"?
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »
I dislike the Windsors even more so I was more than happy when Lady DiDi turned on them.  She's still preferable over the Rottweiler.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 06:52:25 pm »
I voted "All of the Above".

They didn't call her "The People's Princess" for nothing.

(Or "England's Rose" for that matter)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 06:55:22 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 07:00:09 pm »
She's still preferable over the Rottweiler.

I must disagree, Philodendron. Camilla is everything an English wife should be. Dowdy, frumpily dressed, wide arsed and horsey in every sense of the word.

MtD

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 07:37:34 pm »
this is what i remember:

her marriage - i was 5 years old, i was dragged all the way us to scotland to watch the wedding on tv with some relatives, it was boring, we went for a walk to escape.

her wedded life - in the newspapers lots. i tried to avoid reading about her cos it was boring (strangely enough im not interested in the life of some rich upper class bird i dont know who i have nothing in common with).

her divorce - in the newpapers lots. tried to avoid having to read to or listen to accounts of her 'miserable' life as a very rich person. get told by allegedly ghostwritten but blatantly written by her propaganda book that her being bulimic and histrionic and deliberately throwing herself down the stairs at a dinner party while pregnant is all someone else's fault.  tried not to vomit at footage of the "there were three of us in the marriage" interview.

her life after divorce - shags alot. goes on holiday alot. does some things for charity. hangs out with celebrities. makes friends with muhammed al fayed, a man who is only marginally a better person than colonel gaddafi, cos she knows it'll really piss the royal family and the government off. goes on holiday with dodi al fayed to make her indian (married) surgeon boyfriend jealous and to piss off the british establishment. dies (cue conspiracy theories).

her death (here it gets fun) - having had a fabulous and very chemical night out i finally got together with someone who id liked for ages. we went back to his, were hanging out, a friend phoned up "princess diana's dead" "yeah right, how many pills have you had?" "ten, but it's true". turn on tv. at this point she's not dead just 'in a car crash'. then they say she's dead. we say "oh well, never liked her anyway" then feel really really bad cos we remember she's got kids. smoke some coke to try to get back the happy vibe her death has trashed. are unable to change the channel for quite some time. sit the rest of the night watching the news and trying to get the same hit as we got off our first coke joint. dont succeed in that but manage to succeed in watching FOURTEEN HOURS of coverage of her death. many highly unintentionally funny bits of live tv. feel at this point that it may be appropriate to go to bed. - sexual interlude - get up, go out (in gold tommy hilfigger xl puffa vest!!???!!) get trashed.

her funeral - had to work in a bar. no customers that day. elton john commits unforgivable sin of creating his 'goodbye england's rose' version of 'candle in the wind'. crazy people think she should be beatified. half of london is covered with flowers. her fat mysoginist brother manages to become temporarily popular by making a bitchy speech at her funeral. everyone is pissed off at the queen for doing her normal 'non-emotional' queenly thing.

present day - her husband and his nice, normal (and not at all dim, but admittedly no oil painting) wife (who he shouldve been allowed to marry in the first place) have a good, functional, loving marriage as intellectual equals. her sons appear to be fairly normal (which probably is her best lagacy) but obviously hooray henry pisshead potheads (as i suspect most rich english people are), have lots of 'memorial' pop concerts in an attempt to shag kylie/girls aloud/britney spears etc. lots of dreadful chavs call her "queen of hearts". finally a balanced and vaguely truthful portrayal of her background, life and personality appears.
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »
ps - apologies for the long post above. that's what you get when i come online after having been out drinking after work on a friday night. my only saving grace is that i was the most sober and best behaved reprobate tonight! (probably cos i was out til 130 last night as well - ouch on a 'school night')

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 08:00:08 pm »
I was in Paris that night, and had been drinking coffee right above where it happened only a few hours beforehand.
I remember seeing it on the tv the next morning in the pensione but as my French is all but non-existent and the owner spoke little English I had to ring friends in London to find out what was happening.
I'm no churchgoer, but we went to Notre Dame that night, the place was jam packed and very solemn.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 08:04:17 pm »
I do remember when it happened that special editions of the tabloids burst out the next day.  In most stores, you could see headlines of "The People's Princess Remembered" right next to the previously scheduled banners of the "Dodi Dicks Dirty Di" variety.

It was quite tender, really.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 08:25:19 pm »
Indeed.  The television coverage was second only to 9/11.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:44 pm »
this is what i remember:

her marriage - i was 5 years old, i was dragged all the way us to scotland to watch the wedding on tv with some relatives, it was boring, we went for a walk to escape.

her wedded life - in the newspapers lots. i tried to avoid reading about her cos it was boring (strangely enough im not interested in the life of some rich upper class bird i dont know who i have nothing in common with).

her divorce - in the newpapers lots. tried to avoid having to read to or listen to accounts of her 'miserable' life as a very rich person. get told by allegedly ghostwritten but blatantly written by her propaganda book that her being bulimic and histrionic and deliberately throwing herself down the stairs at a dinner party while pregnant is all someone else's fault.  tried not to vomit at footage of the "there were three of us in the marriage" interview.

her life after divorce - shags alot. goes on holiday alot. does some things for charity. hangs out with celebrities. makes friends with muhammed al fayed, a man who is only marginally a better person than colonel gaddafi, cos she knows it'll really piss the royal family and the government off. goes on holiday with dodi al fayed to make her indian (married) surgeon boyfriend jealous and to piss off the british establishment. dies (cue conspiracy theories).

her death (here it gets fun) - having had a fabulous and very chemical night out i finally got together with someone who id liked for ages. we went back to his, were hanging out, a friend phoned up "princess diana's dead" "yeah right, how many pills have you had?" "ten, but it's true". turn on tv. at this point she's not dead just 'in a car crash'. then they say she's dead. we say "oh well, never liked her anyway" then feel really really bad cos we remember she's got kids. smoke some coke to try to get back the happy vibe her death has trashed. are unable to change the channel for quite some time. sit the rest of the night watching the news and trying to get the same hit as we got off our first coke joint. dont succeed in that but manage to succeed in watching FOURTEEN HOURS of coverage of her death. many highly unintentionally funny bits of live tv. feel at this point that it may be appropriate to go to bed. - sexual interlude - get up, go out (in gold tommy hilfigger xl puffa vest!!???!!) get trashed.

her funeral - had to work in a bar. no customers that day. elton john commits unforgivable sin of creating his 'goodbye england's rose' version of 'candle in the wind'. crazy people think she should be beatified. half of london is covered with flowers. her fat mysoginist brother manages to become temporarily popular by making a bitchy speech at her funeral. everyone is pissed off at the queen for doing her normal 'non-emotional' queenly thing.

present day - her husband and his nice, normal (and not at all dim, but admittedly no oil painting) wife (who he shouldve been allowed to marry in the first place) have a good, functional, loving marriage as intellectual equals. her sons appear to be fairly normal (which probably is her best lagacy) but obviously hooray henry pisshead potheads (as i suspect most rich english people are), have lots of 'memorial' pop concerts in an attempt to shag kylie/girls aloud/britney spears etc. lots of dreadful chavs call her "queen of hearts". finally a balanced and vaguely truthful portrayal of her background, life and personality appears.

My feelings summed up perfectly, except that i remember those hideously cloying "Shy Di" stories during the engagement. She was dull as dishwater at the time and changed very little with maturity, or what she passed off as such.

The "Lady Of The Lake" burial site is a typical example of the nauseating lace-and-dried-flower romanticism she stirred deep within England's heaving, overwrought bosom.

I am certain she paid Tina Brown off handsomely over the years for the most puerile PR campaign in my memory.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 08:40:58 pm »

I am certain she paid Tina Brown off handsomely over the years for the most puerile PR campaign in my memory.

If this is true I'd admire DiDi for being so manipulative (which I think she was).

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 09:14:52 pm »
If this is true I'd admire DiDi for being so manipulative (which I think she was).

Be certain of it, doll. Ms Brown was a cheerleader par excellence. Was anyone more responsible for elevating that simpleton from nobody-we-care-about to The World's Own Princess?
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline northernguy

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 10:15:51 pm »
There's a lesson to be learned from her death: wear a seatbelt.

I have a hard time conjuring up anything more than the usual sympathy for someone who died.  Its easy to be Lady Bountiful when you've married into a rich family, only turn on them in hysterics when your vapid charms can't hold someone's interest.  I mean, did the girl ever read any history and clue in that most princes have a mistress?   

I think the Windsors get a bad rap.  Can you imagine any job more boring than trooping around to open new playgrounds, bridges and the like for your whole life?

Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Basquo

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 10:26:51 pm »
What Dan said.

Offline ademas

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 10:41:21 pm »
I kind of liked her, foibles and all.
Don't know what else to add, really...maybe RIP?

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 10:58:56 pm »
Have nothing against people remembering their departed with respect.....but wheres the rememberance books for the real and so called 'little people'? Just a thought
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline northernguy

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 11:00:24 pm »
Anyone else notice how Prince Harry has become so very, very much hotter than Prince William?  Just like the bad boy rugby player you always wanted to do in high school.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 11:30:12 pm »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:43 pm »
ugh.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 11:35:20 pm »
I said Poo, not you.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 12:11:43 am »
omg... watch these Queens.  One of them explodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbPsTUxobg
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 12:15:56 am by philly267 »

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 12:16:26 am »
omg... watch these Queens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbPsTUxobg

I'm surprised he hasn't said "I'm aggravated". Not queeny enough.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline carousel

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 06:20:38 am »
I was off my face in a club called Fist when I heard.  I'd spent the evening getting drugged up, only for this news to put a dampener on it.

Nothing like the death of a princess to make loads of leather queens weep and wail.

I spent the day, taking more drugs, watching it on tv for what seemed like an eternity.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 07:47:20 am »
I'm tired of all these specials and books about her life.  It's too much.  The world has moved on.  Why can't the media?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 08:04:02 am »
I'm tired of all these specials and books about her life.  It's too much.  The world has moved on.  Why can't the media?

Cliff, try reading the Independant instead of the Sun or the Daily Wail. ;D

:-*

Ann
(who fervently hopes Cliff isn't a Sun ReaderTM)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 06:32:47 pm »
The Wedding Gift

I worked in a very small FM radio station in the community of Fort Bragg, CA when I got out of college.  Fort Bragg CA was the shoot location of "Murder She Wrote" with Angela Landsbury and since the show ended, nothing much happened there.

One day... A press Release arrived from the Royal Palace.  It listed the wedding gifts for Prince Charles and Lady Spencer.  It had nothing to do with any of our lives but if Lord and Lady Tushingham were gifting a castle, or a team of Arabian horses... Our Station Manager would announce such gifts to fill what we call "air space".

Fort Bragg, when the filming crews and tourists were gone, probably had a population of about 5000 people.  It was the beach front of what is referred to as "the Emerald Triangle" and most everyone were stoners.  One morning, Ron announced that the wedding gift list did not include a toaster.

What! no toaster for the soon to be married couple?    An appliance store donated a toaster, a stationary shop provided a huge card which circulated the town for weeks so everyone could sign it.  KOZT sent the gift and card with love in their hearts for the entire community.  Somewhere on the gift tables with all the precious gifts from the Lords, Ladies and rulers of the World, the rich and famous, sat a toaster from the town of Fort Bragg California.  The town received a Thank You note.  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:35:14 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »
I can't remember the clients name, I think it was Taylor.  He was an older gay man in Hollywood and worked as Lana Turners Personal Assistant way back when.  In his book "Always Lana" he tells a story of visiting England with the actress.  There was a knock on the door of their rooms in the hotel... The Queen had sent an invitation for Miss Turner to visit her at the palace during her stay in London.

Lana replies, Please do tell the Queen how deeply honored I am by her invitation but, I neglected to pack a proper gown for the occasion and must decline.  As Taylor was closing the door to the suite, he was visably irritated by his employer who said... "Now, now my dear... Los Angeles is full of queens and you are the only one for me."  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Smoothstone

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2007, 03:57:25 am »
It was big news and a good surprise when Princess Diana opened an AIDS care center in the UK. She opened the center with great fan fare...and most significantly touched people with AIDS during her long visit. She educated the public...worldwide... you dont get AIDS from casual contact.At that time many people feared touching us, or what we might have touched. Her efforts in behalf of people with AIDS were remarkable.

In San Francisco's Castro, this year as every year since her death,a flower memorial acknowledged her contributions to PWAs. Thank you Diana.

PS.I hope to personally express my gratitude if I find her in slut heaven. I hear its pretty crowded.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 04:52:29 am »
It was big news and a good surprise when Princess Diana opened an AIDS care center in the UK. She opened the center with great fan fare...and most significantly touched people with AIDS during her long visit. She educated the public...worldwide... you dont get AIDS from casual contact.At that time many people feared touching us, or what we might have touched. Her efforts in behalf of people with AIDS were remarkable.

In San Francisco's Castro, this year as every year since her death,a flower memorial acknowledged her contributions to PWAs. Thank you Diana.

PS.I hope to personally express my gratitude if I find her in slut heaven. I hear its pretty crowded.

Well there's one in every crowd.

The Diana that Smoothstone paints for us is typical of the myth. The selfless martyr who strove to improve the lot of the poor and marginalised and along the way single-handedly changed the course of the pandemic. In token whereof a bunch of fairies in the porn district of San Francisco perform an annual flower arrangement in her honour.

She was nothing of the sort.

Diana was the perverse, mindless product of the most obnoxious aristocracy the world has ever known. Everything she did was for her own glorification. And for those who think she did anything meaningful in terms of educating the sweaty masses about HIV, I invite you to visit the Am I Infected forum and decide just how successful she was.

Diana rose to privileged moneyed heights not because of any merit she possessed but because her father had the regimental silver of the Queen's Own Loyal Trufflenudgers dangling from his trilby. It beggars belief to think that she was in anyway a role model.

Except for other syphilitic blonde cum latrines such as Anna Nicole and Paris Hilton.

The real battle against HIV and stigma was and is now fought by community based activists. It was not waged by some bulimic, pill popping, vodka swilling, diamond wearing courtesan whose most notable contribution to humanity was to meet her more than timely death in a paparazzi pursued, concrete pillar seeking Mercedes piloted by a drunken Frenchman.

Fuck you, Diana.

MtD

Offline Iggy

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 10:43:49 am »
The burning of her in effigy is as misguided as the push to make her a saint.

She was a woman who did what she wanted - some of it - a small part of it - was some pr work for AIDS and other charities, a lot of it was for hedonistic pleasure.  Seems about on par for the human race in general.

She didn't change my life,  I didn't cry when she died, nor have I ever understood the enthralled masses (particularly U.S. gay men) who have been obsessed with her, but I don't think that she deserves to be attacked either.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 11:24:54 am »
The poor girl has been dead ten years and still she must suffer attacks....
What a shame....
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Cliff

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2007, 11:54:25 am »
Cliff, try reading the Independant instead of the Sun or the Daily Wail. ;D

:-*

Ann
(who fervently hopes Cliff isn't a Sun ReaderTM)
LOL.  Not a sun reader, but I have been known to get the Daily Mail from time to time (especially when they excerpts from Victoria Beckman's new book).   :o

Offline Robert

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2007, 12:06:15 pm »
Cliff

this reminds me.  Gilette or a car company, I can't remember which, has been showing off its products using Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Thierry Henry as its spokesmen. 

2 out of 3 aint bad.

robert

Offline northernguy

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2007, 12:25:08 pm »
Matty, you have to learn to stop repressing your feelings.  Just tell us how you really feel. ;D 

Offline englishgirl

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2007, 12:44:57 pm »
sept 5th will mark 10 years since the death of mother teresa - maybe we should focus on that anniversary instead...

hopefully in her case we can all agree that (despite being religious and being beatified in record time, neither of which endears her to me) she was actually very inspirational and genuine in her charity work and did tons of good.

Offline carousel

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2007, 12:53:41 pm »
As Mother Teresa stood against the distribution of condoms, I think she is not a person that I look up to in any way.

God chose the wrong week to take our little kitchern towel wearer to the skies.  We were all rather preoccupied.  What a shame.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 01:13:46 pm »
As Mother Teresa stood against the distribution of condoms, I think she is not a person that I look up to in any way.

God chose the wrong week to take our little kitchern towel wearer to the skies.  We were all rather preoccupied.  What a shame.

so this one thing outweighs any and all other beneficial things she participated in?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline carousel

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 06:38:41 pm »
Probably not and when I pressed the post button, I thought was I being a bit harsh.

However, my anger at the Church and its supporters in believing moral orders are more important the lives of people stands.

Offline tigger2376

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 07:16:15 pm »
I'm with carousel on this. When the catholic church issues an edict saying condoms DONT protect you from HIV (in africa), despite being begged not to by the WHO,thats just plain mad. (and please take note,thats not just an unjustified attack on that particular part of the church,I'm a lapsed catholic myself)
And as for idols, they all have feet of clay
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 10:30:18 pm »
Camilla is everything an English wife should be. Dowdy, frumpily dressed, wide arsed and horsey in every sense of the word.

Wow - this makes Magilla Camilla sound simply enchanting.  No wonder the royal Chuckie boy gets a woody with his new wide-arsed horsey bride.

Now back to Diana... I USED to love her.  I was sad and felt bad when she died, but afterwards I saw that she is just like the rest of us and not the saint as depicted in the media.  I dont care if she was a commoner, a princess or even the Queen Bee herself, but her life is worth no more or less than anyone elses.  That said, I am sorry that she died so suddenly and tragically.  Now I would agree that the media used her...but dont kid yourself, she also used the media to her advantage when it suited her.  She was a smart woman indeed and did manage to captivate millions around the world.

Offline tigger2376

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2007, 08:05:20 pm »
Sorry, personally have none of the attributes of an english wife...so thats where I've been going wrong!  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.