Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:49:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773155
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 182
Total: 183

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Protected Sex and Unprotected Oral  (Read 13224 times)

Offline babai

• Standard
Protected Sex and Unprotected Oral
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:57:33 am »
Hi All

I recently received an unprotected oral sex from a CSW 19 days back. She also kissed me for quite sometime and I touched her vagina with my fingers. All these went on for 40 mins approx.

I never had any anal/vaginal sex with her but now I am worried to death about being HIV positive. Everytime I am searching internet I am reading some articles or the other which says its possible.

Could you please let me know my chances of contracting HIV. Which conclusive tests shall I go for and after how many days.

I would really appreciate if you help me out.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:59:05 am by babai »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Protected Sex and Unprotected Oral
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:14:45 am »
Getting oral sex is one of the most common of sexual activities. In the entire history of the epidemic, there has never been a single case of transmission confirmed to a man through his having received oral sex. It's safe to say that you will not make history by becoming the first.

There's no need for HIV testing.

Only unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV. As long as you properly use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

On with your life now...
Andy Velez

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:22:24 am »
Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply. Anxiety because of this have taken a huge toll of my life.

Could you please let me know how the chances are if she had bleeding gums or cuts or sores in her mouth.

Would you recommend a PCR RNA Test?

Regards

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »
Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply. Anxiety because of this have taken a huge toll of my life.

Could you please let me know how the chances are if she had bleeding gums or cuts or sores in her mouth.

Would you recommend a PCR RNA Test?

Regards

Bleeding gums and cuts have never been implicated in HIV transmission, and neither has getting oral sex. Not in the thirty recorded years of statistical gathering, nor in the three serodiscordant studies.

You have had absolutely no risk for HIV at all.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:49 am »
Hi Members

Thanks for your response. But after she kissed me for quite sometime I notice a little blood in my saliva.

Could you please let me know if that would a possible risk for contracting HIV.

Regards

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 04:56:29 am »
As you were advised above. You had no exposure.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 11:33:29 am »
Hi All

I have recently involved myself in a stupid incident at a oriental massage centre. I had a full body massage and at the end the lady offered a topless unprotected handjob with oil. I am verry worried about this incident and am anxious about the fact if I have put myself to risk of HIV.

I did not see if the lady had cuts in her hand or not. Also if anything in her hand from her previous customer might cause HIV.

Please help me. I am really worried.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:35:56 am by babai »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »
Please do not start other threads , only post in this thread . If you cant find your thread go to your profile and select show own post and it will take you here .

We have been over the risk for transmission of HIV with you already , read your thread again . Hand jobs are not a risk for HIV under any circumstances . 

HIV is transmitted by;
Mother to child   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »
Hi Jeff

I am sorry. My earlier post had different subject so I posted my current exposure under diff subject line.

I did not notice if she had any cuts in her hand also if any left over from her previous client on the bed or in her hand. So I am a bit worried. Do you recommend and tests. I just cant sleep after this incident.

Regards

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:03 pm »
I already told you that hand jobs are not a risk for HIV under any circumstances .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »
Is there a possibility of the massage oil being contaminated with HIV from the previous client.

Is there a possibility of blood from cuts of her hand entering my urethra.

Regards

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »
Is there a possibility of the massage oil being contaminated with HIV from the previous client.

Is there a possibility of blood from cuts of her hand entering my urethra.

Regards

Neither of those things pose the remotest possibility of HIV transmission. HIV is a fragil virus and can only be transmitted INSIDE the body through unprotected anal and vaginal sex. No other form of sexual contact carries a risk.

You have been told this over and over, and I must warn you that you will not be allowed to continually ask the same questions over and over again.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 03:02:13 am »
Hi All

I recently engaged in a deep french kiss with a female of unknown status. After 2 weeks I started having stomach problems and hot flushes. 3rd week I developed a sore throat.

Could you please let me know if I need to get tested. I am very worried , please help. What is the possibility if blood was present in mouth during kissing and my oral health also not great.

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 07:25:22 am »
As you have been repeatedly told oral sex is not a risk for HIV and that goes double for kissing ... not a risk .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
Hi Jeff

Thanks for reply. Would it still be no risk with existing bleeding gums or sores or blood present in saliva.

Thanks

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:33 pm »
Hi Jeff

Thanks for reply. Would it still be no risk with existing bleeding gums or sores or blood present in saliva.

Thanks

As you have been repeatedly told oral sex is not a risk for HIV and that goes double for kissing ... not a risk.

Joe

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:24 pm »
Hi Joe

Thanks for your response but 2 weeks after I frenched kissed her I developed weakness and on the third week I had sore throat and now I have fever.

I am really worried. Since I have a little bit of gum problem can bllod/saliva enter through this and cause HIV.

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 04:06:45 pm »
No one has ever been infected with HIV from kissing so if you are sick its not caused by HIV ... go see your doctor and find out whats making you sick .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 10:13:45 am »
Hi All

I made a mistake recently and went for a massage after which the masseur gave me an unprotected blowjob and handjob.

After 5 days I started suffering from itchy skin and swellings like hives all over my body. Is this a symptom of HIV ? Can I contract HIV ?

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 10:16:48 am »
Getting a blow job or hand job is not a risk for HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 10:28:44 am »
Would there be a risk if the masseur had cuts in her mouth. My skin rash is exactly like HIV rash and the itchiness increasing every day

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 10:37:59 am »

We have been over the risk for transmission of HIV with you already , read your thread again . Hand jobs are not a risk for HIV under any circumstances . 

HIV is transmitted by;
Mother to child   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 11:26:46 am »
Hi Jeff

Would you recommend any HIV testing for this incident.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 12:09:57 pm »
Hi , Jeff has advised you this was a no risk incident ,
in light testing is not recommended.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 12:39:59 pm »
Somehow I am going mad thinking about this. I have developed a rash on my upper lip. I have been reading on the internet about potential cases.

Could you please let me know if you have across any cases where anyone has been infected with HIV after blowjob performed on them.

I have developed a huge anxiety due to this and am unable to sleep.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »
Somehow I am going mad thinking about this. I have developed a rash on my upper lip. I have been reading on the internet about potential cases.

Could you please let me know if you have across any cases where anyone has been infected with HIV after blowjob performed on them.

I have developed a huge anxiety due to this and am unable to sleep.

No one in 30 + years in the history of HIV has a person been infected from a blow job and you will not be the first.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 06:57:38 am »
Hi All

I have made a mistake 3 weeks back and was involved in an incident in massage parlour. I did not do any insertive sex or oral but sucked breasts of the masseuse for 10-15 mins and received a handjob. The handjob was a bit rough.

2 weeks after the incident I started experiencing extreme dry mouth and having pain after passing urine.

Do you think I am experiencing ARS symptoms. I am scared of HIV.

Please help

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 07:00:56 am »
Nothing you mentioned was a HIV transmission risk. Its that simple HIV is not transmitted to adults in this fashion.

Pain when pissing is not caused by HIV, it can be caused by many other infections and problems so go see a doctor and treat whatever is making you sick.

This to be honest has been covered with you in the past. You know how HIV is transmitted and how to prevent it so cut the worry.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline poison_ivy

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 10:39:03 am »
X
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:50:29 am by JimDublin »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 10:50:04 am »
@poison_ivy

You are not permitted to comment on other peoples threads or concerns in the "Am I infected section" 

Please refrain from doing so and post only in your own thread.
You can read some of the basic rules of this forum here: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0

Jim 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 12:36:06 am »
Hi All

I am a male of 35 yrs age and have made a huge mistake recently and ended up having sex with a CSW. I received a unprotected blowjob and I gave oral to her (cunninglus). I did notice something which felt like blood in my mouth. Protection was used for vaginal sex.

On day 3, I started having fever with sore throat. The fever is still there. I m worried that I have caught HIV. Do I need to get tested ? I do test once every year. I am going mad at the moment. Please help
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:51:12 am by babai »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 04:13:05 am »
Hi

Receiving a BJ is not a HIV risk and cunnilingus is not a HIV concern either.
Take some time to read back your thread however I am not going to continue to answer questions asked and answered before.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline babai

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:59 pm »
Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for this. Do you think protected sex could sometimes cause Hiv or if there is any risk to it.

Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »
This has also truly been asked and answered.

To clarify latex or polyurethane condoms are effective barriers against HIV, simply put HIV simply can not transmit through the intact barrier.

When using condoms to reduce the risk of them breaking and when they do its obvious as they shred, make sure that you only use approved condoms. In other words check for certification mark (FDA, CE, ISO or Kitemark). This means it complies with safety standards. Check the expiry date and make sure the condom is still in date.

Also to note when using condoms use lubricant, condom safe water-based lubricants makes condoms more comfortable and reduces the risk of breakage. – but avoid oil-based lubricants  as they can weaken or break condoms.

As for putting condom on correctly, as incorrectly done it increases the risk of breakage.  Place one on top of the erect penis and pinch the teat at the end of the condom before you start to roll it down the penis. By doing this you’ll squeeze out any air bubbles and ensure there is room for the semen (cum).
Roll the condom down to the base of the penis.

If it's on correctly it will roll downwards easily. If you've started putting it on the wrong way or you’re not sure then take it off and try again. Even if the man hasn’t ejaculated (cum) there can still be semen on his penis (pre-cum), so it’s important to try again with a new condom. This due to the risk from other easier to transmit STI's & pregnancy

Finally if you are changing the sex act, than change the condom.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.