Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:10:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 620
Total: 624

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Book logs book logs!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Book logs book logs!
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:19:47 am »
Everyone here should start a book log and this shall be the official thread because I have deemed it so.

Okay, basically, just read as much as alsfj;ldfj;ldf humanly possible and list the statistics on a website! And then post them here and we can discuss books and be nerdy and as soon as I bribe one of my domain-owning friends to host my booklog I'll post the link here.

Okay go!

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
Re: Book logs book logs!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:29:32 am »
good idea, mr mouse  :)  A few, read recently:

The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins - very thought provoking exploration / arguments on the irrationality of faith, and the harm it has historically caused.

Murder In Samarkand, Craig Murray - memoir of  the uk’s former ambassador to Uzbekistan, and his discovery/exposure of human rights abuses by the US funded regime of president Islam Karimov.

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun, Peter Godwin - same guy that wrote Mukawi, A White Boy In Africa,  about modern Zimbabwe’s implosion under Mugabe’s rule. Narrative, a bit fractured - otherwise, powerful stuff, deffo worth reading.

& am halfway through How To Be Right: The Essential Guide to Making Lefty Liberals History, James Delingpole

what are you reading?

kate

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.