Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 391
Total: 391

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tested positive in October  (Read 4340 times)

Offline wanderer37

Tested positive in October
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:27:27 am »
Hi,

I tested positive in October and have just recently found these forums, they have been a great comfort to me and the education I have had from reading people's posts on here has been fantastic. I'm trying to look on bright side, my wife has been incredibly supportive and I don't want to let this get the better of me. 
I have been living in the 3rd world for the last 2 years and just this month have moved to Indonesia with work so my biggest worry is medication/ care. I have read from a few posters on here about the quality and availability of meds/ care in Thailand and am going there this month to do a CD4 test etc.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi :)

Regards

Offline Mantra

Re: Tested positive in October
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:44:44 pm »
Lots of good energy to you and your family Wanderer37.  This website is full of really, good and concerned people.  YOu are not alone.

Blessings friend.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:01:11 am »
I live in the third world too!  ;)

Sorry you tested poz but welcome to the forums.  :)

It's great you have a supportive wife that will make living with this bug a lot easier.

Best
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:38 pm »
In Thailand, go to the red cross anonymous clinic ratchadamri road bangkok. You can get all your tests done there. Then go to an international hospital with your results and consult with an ID doctor. Ask for a script and return to the red cross clinic to fill it. The reason being that it will cost you one fifth of the price. They will give you 2 months meds at a time. I do this, and it works.
pm me if you need more info.
take care.

Offline wanderer37

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:08:59 am »
thanks for the replies guys, Inognito I am planning to go to Thailand to do as you suggested, having read a lot of posts on this site from people living in Thailand I definately think that is the way to go, it seems far ahead of where I currently live in regards to HIV awareness and medical care. I will PM you once I have made a couple more posts and can use that facility  ;)

Offline Incognito12

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:48 pm »
No problem. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.