Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 09:08:25 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773295
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Finally…. A therapist  (Leído 3428 veces)

Desconectado numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
Finally…. A therapist
« en: Enero 26, 2024, 03:02:01 pm »
So I have struggled to find a talk therapist since I moved to Boston in 2021. Back in Dec of 2022,  I went on a wait list with several organizations and …. This week my number was finally called!

The organization is out of Georgia so unfortunately they only offer telehealth. I have an intake next week to narrow down my actual provider. My therapist for years, back in Fort Lauderdale, will be a tough act to follow. She was in her 70s, preferred dogs to humans, and her office was filled with hundreds of toy llamas and alpacas.

Fingers crossed on just such an eccentric that can handle all of this crazy!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Desconectado Tonny2

Re: Finally…. A therapist
« Respuesta #1 en: Enero 26, 2024, 03:18:48 pm »

ojo.            I will be crossing my fingers even my toes, and if that isn’t enough, I would cross my legs too, so you can find the right help. I think that I missed why you need such a help. In an event, I will be thinking of you, and I wish you the best. ….hugs

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Respuesta #2 en: Enero 26, 2024, 03:29:08 pm »

ojo.            I will be crossing my fingers even my toes, and if that isn’t enough, I would cross my legs too, so you can find the right help. I think that I missed why you need such a help. In an event, I will be thinking of you, and I wish you the best. ….hugs

I appreciate all of those crossings Tonny lol! You have more than ensured all will go smoothly!

I go to talk therapy for mental illness. I’ve been riding the Bipolar express since 2014ish. I’ve been institutionalized a handful of times, a few for more than a month. I’ve attempted suicide more times than I can count, and a few times I ended up hospitalized.

Now I just try to equip myself with all the armor I can to battle my demons ie: psychiatrist, therapist, a peer sponsor, and now our biweekly peer support calls and these forums. It takes an army 😅
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #3 en: Enero 26, 2024, 05:50:25 pm »

ojo.              OMG!!,
I am so sorry to hear about here situation and I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to meet you guys on your biweekly support. If I can help you by talking to someone feel free to send me a private message. I’m no psychiatrist nor psychologist. but maybe talking with someone else will help. I must confess I don’t know anything or anyone who is bipolar although my brother-in-law sometime, I think that he’s bipolar. Lol… seriously I can be there for you, sometimes difficult for me to post or reply because I use dictation on my cell phone and then I have they sell fun to read what he typed and if I see a typo and I tried to correct it it becomes a mess, and believe me, I do get frustrated. But anyway, I wish you the best, and I am so sorry that you had to deal with Sasha situation, specially when you had attempted suicide, that must be terrible for your family and for you… i’ll be thinking of you…hugs gs

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Respuesta #4 en: Enero 26, 2024, 06:52:29 pm »
Thank you Tonny for being so supportive, and willing to be available. Thankfully bipolar is simply a chemical imbalance. So long as I take my medicine, and it’s working, I will be just fine. The talk therapy serves dual purposes by helping me unpack some of the things I’ve done while “spinning” out during my manic episodes, and also to allow an independent person to evaluate my current mood and raise any red flags. They might be the first to recognize when something isn’t right.

Sometimes I wish I was as passionate about my hiv treatment as I am my mental health. I guess I feel like the mental health could kill me much more quickly than HIV ever could.

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #5 en: Enero 26, 2024, 09:06:08 pm »

ojo.             Well, we are going to be here for you, and hopefully you will die of  old age.. so keep taking your medication for your mental issue as well as your vitamin as i call my HIV medication. I know that is difficult to deal with a mental illness but like I said, we are here for you…hugs

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.