Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:56:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What was that loud noise last night???  (Read 12005 times)

Offline Jeffreyj

What was that loud noise last night???
« on: November 08, 2006, 01:28:20 am »
That noise that woke you up was The USA moving to the LEFT!

Yahooooooooooo

Change is on the way. Finally.
Positive since 1985

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: What was that loud noise last night???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:37:03 am »
I too heard that noise as the GOP lost three seats in the Senate.  SEnators Chaffee, Rhode Island, DeWine, Ohio and Santorum, Pennsylvania have been defeated.  Two important House seats Nancy L. Johnson, Conneticutt and Chris Chocola, Indiana will not be on the committees.  Change could be on the way.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:16:18 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:35:57 am »
It sounded like thunder down here in Alabama
 :o :o :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:49:42 am »
Locally, California-wise, we didn't have that much zig in our elections.  Schwartzenegger won in a cake walk...there was never a doubt ...and Feinstein did the same.  But what noise we did make was enough to make others stand up and listen.   GOP Rep. Richard Pombo, the powerful chairman of the House Resources Committee, lost in a stunning victory for environmentalists and surging Democras.

robert

oh and the $2.60 cigarette tax lost. 

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:07:19 pm »
 ;D ;D ,

And I just woke( turned on the TV) up to hear about the resignation of Rumsfeld !! Things are certainly moving fast now, aren't they ?    Love it !!  :o

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:18:31 pm »
Looks like the Dems took majority in both the House and the Senate. Ha! Hip Hip Hurray!

Hip Hip Hurray!!

Now that ol' Idiot, I mean, Bush doesn't have a "Yes, Dear" Congress, he might remember what his job actually is.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Blixer

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 09:37:50 pm »
Molten, but do you think Bush even has any clue as to what his job actually is?  One thing he had done quite well during his turm is to piss of most of the rest of the world (along with many in the US).  One of the former foreign exchange students that attended our school called from Germany today to say that the outcome of the election had at least brought about some discussion that maybe the American people are finally starting to wise up.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »
Sadly, I don't think he does. Especially when he blatantly told Congress "I don't have to answer to you" over the Iraq war some months back.

Abuse of Power

Impeach the bastard, I say. Will that likely happen? No, but I can dream.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline RobT

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 11:29:47 pm »
Happy to hear that Donald Rumsfield has ressigned and that the former Sen Santorum was defeated as well.

RobT
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline stevevaboy

• In disguise ;>)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 11:52:55 pm »
Oh I just HAVE to chime in on this one!  I'm living in California now, but I'm from Virginia - yes, the state where the lone GOP boulder is still waiting to teeter and fall into the canyon.  I HATE George Allen and I just have to publicly proclaim my joy over yesterday's results.  They are better than I ever expected and to see Rumsfeld go down too... what more can I ask?!?!  I guess that for those of you living outside of the U.S. this is considered good news, perhaps, but this is freakin' GREAT NEWS!!!  This country has been set back so far by the current administration and made to look like fools to the rest of the world for too long.  It's going to take YEARS to recover and gain back what respect we ever had.  Just think, if we can get our government's focus off of "who people sleep with" or fighting the abortion issue and other nonsense, they might have time to devise a healthcare system that saves EVERYONE'S lives without financially destroying them.

Oh let me stop, I could go on.... I'm just damn happy and want to say it out loud!
;0

Offline cph9680

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 12:08:44 am »
I think everyone else in this post has managed to express my feelings.  Could it get any better than this?  Nope, dina think so!

Corey

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 01:07:10 am »
Molton,
I think you just might see some ass-kicking throughout the congress. There is ALOT of bad blood there. The Republicans have pissed off many.

Payback is a bitch. Stay tuned. It is going to get real interesting. And A Bush impeachment is not as far fetched as it may seem.

Positive since 1985

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 02:56:47 am »
Either Drudge falling in a K-hole or Ann Coulter passing out on the floor after a vodka and cocaine binge.

(if we're really lucky, she'll have broken her fetlock)

http://www.ccmr.cornell.edu/education/ask/index.html?quid=506

John

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 03:03:02 am »
Plus George Allen was a favored choice by conservatives for a presidential run in '08, possibly Santorum as well and now they're kind of ruined in that respect.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 04:41:05 am »
Hey philly,
Had Allen been President, I would have no choice but to move to Canada! LoL...What a scary thought!
Positive since 1985

Offline racingmind

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 10:30:21 am »
all I know is that Rick Santorum is history.........and it was a landslide! WOOHOO!
Tested Negative: 5/06
Tested Positive: 9/06 
9/06: CD4: 442 (28%) VL: +100,000
10/06: CD4: 323 (25%) VL: 243,440
11/06: CD4: 405 (28%) VL: 124,324
12/06: CD4: 450 (29%) VL: 114,600
1/07: CD4: 440 (27%) VL: 75,286
3/07: CD4: 459 (30%) VL: 44,860
5/07: CD4: 353 (24%) VL: 50,852
7/07: CD4: 437 (29%) VL: 39,475
9/07: CD4: 237 (32%) VL: 372,774
10/07: CD4: 324 (27%) VL: 115,454 
Started Atripla: 10/07
11/07: CD4: 524 (?%) VL: Undetectable!
2/08: CD4: 653 (35%) VL: undetectable
5/08: CD4: 822 (40%) VL: undetectable
8/08: CD4: 626 (35%) VL: undetectable
12/08: CD4: 619 (36%) VL: undetectable
3/09: CD4: 802 (38%) VL: undetectable
7/09: CD4: 1027 (43%) VL: not tested
10/09: CD4: 1045 (43%) VL: undetectable

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 04:23:33 pm »
The loud noise today was the sound of the towel hitting the floor.  What towel?  So glad you asked... It was Senator George Allen's towel. The Democrats now have control of the House and the Senate for the first time in 12 years.  Have the best day
Michael

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:25:21 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline BooBoo

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 04:31:02 pm »
all I know is that Rick Santorum is history.........and it was a landslide! WOOHOO!

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm so glad that I was able to help boot him out of office......and I don't feel the least bit guilty about making his kid cry!!!!! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 07:45:18 pm »
In two more years, the landscapers will be removing the Bushes (or is it brush) from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  A delight for everyone... As voters in the United States, we have a committment to see this does not happen again.  Have the best day
Michael

Hey Boo Boo... Are those ugly children his?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:48:47 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline BooBoo

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:09:52 pm »
Hey Boo Boo... Are those ugly children his?

Yep.....those would be the devil's offspring......there's actually a total of six.  I just hope he's done reproducing!!!!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 01:09:30 am »
Hey Boo Boo,

Far be it for me to cast stones at another mans children in a glass house but... Those are the ugliest children in the world.

I realize no one in the world could possibly see every child in the world.  My statement is based on a number which is not a controllable number.  However they do justify that bumper sticker which reads, "IF YOU CAN"T TRUST ME WITH A CHOICE, HOW CAN YOU TRUST ME WITH A CHILD."  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 01:15:43 am »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:51 am »
Jeff,

Did I ever tell the story about Harold?  He is one of the Commissioners in the COA.  Actually it was through meeting him at the L.I.F.E. program that I became involved in the RWCA issues.  Harold has lived here a few months longer than I have and we are considered to be on the fast track in all the committees.

Harold is a long term survivor and has lived in Phoenix for 13 years.  He had a problem with getting his meds filled and took them tyo the office of Congressman J.D. Hayworth.  In Harold's story, he took his meds out of his backpack in the Congressman's office and saw the fear in the eyes of the Congressman and the staff, they could not end the meeting fast enough.  Up until the election J.D. Hayworth served on the House Subcommittee on Health.  Based on this story, getting the man out of office is a benefit to all of us living with HIV in the U.S.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 01:43:11 am »
Hey Philly,

Thank you... I do not have to feel bad about casting stones at the children.  Fortunately the voters cast stones at the father and someone should have been casting stones at both parents.  I particularly enjoyed the part about Santorum being Latin for Anus.  This article is a MUST READ, TWO THUMBS UP!  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 02:01:48 am »
Richard Mountjoy (R) is a career politician after nearly losing his construction business over workers' comp claims, he ran for State Assembly.  He was quite the mover and shaker in workers' comp reform. 

I first met him at a speaking event in Los Angeles.  He was the keynote speaker while my employer was too drunk to go to the podium.  I closed the event with a talk on utilizing peer pressure and behavior modification techniques to control the costs of doing business in this economy.  That was over 12 years ago.  I was promoted to Vice President and had HIV at the time.

Assemblyman Richard Mountjoy ran for State Senate, won that election, has been a featured guest on my radio show on several occasions.  I still use his name and the name of his Chief Assistant as a reference.  Congressman Mountjoy also ran for Lt. Governator (along with thousands) and lost to Cruz Bustamonte.

Did I vote for this man in the election as he tried to unseat Senator Diane Feinstein?  No, he is too important at the state level and should have run for Insurance Commissioner against Cruz Bustamonte.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Grinch

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 09:58:14 am »
Congratulations to those that won their races.

Micheal this is an HIV site. I find your self promoting agenda both tiresome and offensive.  You take every possible opportunity to bash everything about this country that many have fought and bled to defend.
Your obvious goal is to gain some type of political office. I would congratulate you on that goal except you operate in a manner that offends me to the core.  You complain about the disability you suffer because of this disease and the medications you have to take in order to survive. In fact you are so disabled that you receive tax money to assist with your living expenses. Yet you are able to go to "Retreats" and be on the "Fast track" for some committee.

If you put half the effort into being a productive and employed citizen of this country you seem to hate so badly, as you do into promoting yourself and your agenda, perhaps that would be another $1000 a month that could be put back into the system to care for those that truly need it.
A true leader puts the needs of those beneath him ahead of his own.  You claim to champion the HIV+ people of your county yet you spend the funds allocated to them for your own gain.  Your web site is clearly nothing more than a political device.  Please, if you must promote your cause do it elsewhere and not under the guise of helping those that desperately need that help.

You have every right to your opinion regarding the performance of our elected leaders.  I personally fought and literally bled to ensure you retained that right.  I did not however, endure the hardship of war to stand by quietly while someone takes every available opportunity to divert desperately needed funds from those that truly need them, in order to stand in the spot light.

This is not a statement about your political views. This is a statement about ethical and in my mind offensive behavior.

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 07:48:52 pm »
Grinch -- unfortunately, you entered a thread with strong political views you obviously disagree with, and decided to write a personal attack instead of arguing the issues, or just ignoring the thread.  Please don't hijack threads with personal attacks like this.   Since few of us really know eachother personally here (have you ever met Michael?), your rush to attack him personally sounds like you've got your own issues to resolve.

Please use these forums for support, and when you see stuff you don't like, use the "ignore" button, or use the "report to moderators" link, or just move on to another thread.

Michael, please be the better man here, and rise above this.  Don't respond to Grinch's bait.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline Grinch

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 09:23:57 pm »
I had no intention of hijacking the thread. I simply replied to the never ending stream of statements that I find offensive.
Yet again it seems as if no one may have views of the world and right and wrong that don't fit the status quo.

It is sad one must toe the party line or be told to shut up.
If I publish a web site that attempted to give me personal gain and advertised it here under the guise of HIV assistance would it be permitted?
I doubt it.

I have no personal issues other than a sense of right and wrong.  When I see something I feel is wrong I point it out.

No real need to slap the gag on me I'll shut up and go to the back of the room with the rest of the non-conformists and only come out to say hello to new people.

Offline tryingforhope

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:06 pm »
I personally did a dance when I found out that both the senate and house were taken over. Now we have to wait and see if the dems can get some things going.  Bring back the oral under the desk, at least then we had a good economy and 20,000 soldiers with limbs still.

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 09:05:53 pm »
Watching the news has such a different feel to it. The right wing rubber stamp is done and over with. That was the worst congress I have ever seen. The lack of oversight was truly a failure of our government. I hope now that the "checks and balances " are back, I'm sure more will get done(It simply can't get worse, could it?)

I truly believe that the Tuesday election shows that our government works. It also shows that our founding fathers are one hell of allot smarter, then say Carl Rove.
Positive since 1985

Offline Eldon

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 09:14:25 pm »
Hey Jeff!

There has definitely been a major shift. It is just the beginning indication of some "positive" changes.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.