Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Better numbers on reduced regimen  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Jody

Better numbers on reduced regimen
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:46 pm »
I went to the doc tonight and had some of my better numbers ever.  VL continues undetectable, has been for almost the entire time I have ever been on meds, since late 1995.  CD4 stand at 266, second or third highest ever. PCT at 16% and ratio .41 both all time highs for me.  (I guess the fellows throwing the darts at the blood testing places gave me good counts this time)  :D

This is significant to me as my regimen was basically halved, as previously I was taking a total of 4 Prezista and 2 Norvir daily as well as 1Truvada at a two times a day schedule..Since late September it has been just 2 Prezista and 1 Norvir daily as well as the 1Truvada and I take them all together after lunch daily.  So it is fairly easy, it would be nice if Norvir came in a tablet and it gives me the runs now and then it seems but overall I certainly can't complain.

I asked the doctor about those doing basically monotherapy with just a boosted Prezista regimen but he thought that would be a poor idea for me.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline gemini20

Re: Better numbers on reduced regimen
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:34 am »
I asked the doctor about those doing basically monotherapy with just a boosted Prezista regimen but he thought that would be a poor idea for me.

Jody

Hi Jody,

Congratulations on your latest numbers; always good to get improvements.

Just curious as to why your doctor thought that boosted Prezista would be a 'poor idea' for you?.

I have been on that particular option for the last 18 months (except a one month break I took in August). My t-cells reached a 15 year high of 711 (33%) on Prezista/Norvir only and always undetectable.

I did screw up with my month off meds, dropping rapidly to 159 (16%) but just two months back on boosted Prezista I'm back up to 391 (27.5%) and undetectable again.

I must say I find the regime very easy to tolerate and will be continuing on it for the forseeable future.

Best wishes,

Emma

Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 03:24:22 pm »
Excellent news Jody! Many congrats!!!!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 05:52:52 pm »
Always good to hear good news from you Jody..I will pass on the good news to the "other" Jody, I'm sure he will be bouncing around the paddocks when I tell him.. :D

keep up the good work.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jody

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:19:19 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Wiily and Jan.  Emma, I don't believe my doctor is much of a proponent of monotherapy and feels that I am not a candidate for it.  My CD-4 t-cell counts have always been close to that "magic number" all HIV+ folks know so well - 200 - and he doesn't want to risk that undetectable viral load I've been blessed with these past 14 years.

Anyway cheers to you and I am glad you are doing well on Prezista mono, taking fewer meds and still having a successful regimen is what we are all hoping for until such a day as we will no longer need to take any meds at all.

I do hope to see you in London this Spring Emma.

Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 06:35:18 am »
Hey Jody,

Good to hear the meds are doing the trick for you.

I expect to get my results on Tuesday. The CD4/viral load aren't a biggie for me. Like you, I have been undetectable for a long time - since 96 in my case,

But its those damn lipids that are causing me grief.

Anyway, not to hijack the thread. Keep up the good work, young man.

HUGS,

Mark

P.S. remember to "watch your step." ;)
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 11:59:25 am »
Hi Mark...A while back my doctor gave me a prescription for Lovaza and along with Lipitor (Drano  :D) my cholesterol numbers including triglycerides have gone down a great deal...They were always borderline high but still high and now very good.  Best of luck and thanks for the walking reminder.  New York has streets and sidewalks that rival Mexico City for bumps and cracks !

Take care, Jody

Grateful Dead

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 12:08:15 pm »
HelloJody  so glad to hear that the meds are working so well for you.  hang in there,  hope to see you in Las vegas...

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »
Hi Jody

Congrats on the results, my friend.   Wishing you continued success with the regimen....

Happy Holidays to you.

Love, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.