Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 361
Total: 364

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Taking time off for a few weeks  (Read 6930 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Taking time off for a few weeks
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:14:18 am »
Hi everyone

I will be away for a few weeks, the winter is coming in and I have so much to do around the farm.
The winter feed has to be brought in and stored, which will involve a few trips over the next few days, we have to erect and reinforce some the winds breaks for the Alpacas, and their vitamin injections have to be given to see them over the winter, the goats have to be have their winter feed sorted plus the sheep have to be drenched and  checked...they are all pregnant now, also it's time to start halter training the Alpacas and that takes up to several hours a day for a couple of weeks.

I also have three talks to do before the end of July..two for the meds students and one for the local Pathology clinic, so I have a some paper work to write up on safety in the work force.

For all those who have e-mailed me please bear with me I WILL get round to replying to you all.

Take care and behave yourselves..see you all in a few weeks.

Love youall.

(((hugs)))

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Cliff

Re: Taking time off for a few weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 06:47:13 am »
Good luck with all your duties Jan and let us know how things go!!!

- Cliff

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:34:23 am »
A farmer's lot is not a happy one Jan! Especially on the South Island of En Zed.

Hope to see you soon dear!

MtD
(Who has been spat on by a llama)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:12 am »
Jan

Well this just sucks!  I don't give a rats ass (or should I say a goats butt?) what chores/responsibilities you have to tend to.  I know I know, it can't always be about us (read me). 

RAB

(Who intends to pout for the next "few weeks".   >:(  But won't whine!)

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 10:08:19 am »
Jan,

You guys had a summer in between. We still have winter over here.
Saturday it was 48°F, the coldest start of june ever recorded.....

I will think about you Jan.

Love u

hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 10:16:53 am »
Jan,
Good luck will all the things u have to do around your farm. Sounds like you will be busy busy. Dont overdo it. Take care of yourself.
Just getting to know you...i will miss you!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 11:44:18 am »
Shit Jan, you remember what happened the last time you took a hiatus?

:o

Be good to yourself girl!

Love you,

John

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 03:14:10 pm »
Jan, I miss you already  >:(

I know you have to take care of all the animals, that's important.   We'll be here when you are able to return.

Love & hugs,

Alan (who finds it so weird that it is WINTER where Jan lives; it is almost 100 degrees here today)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 12:54:59 am »
Hi Sweetie!!

Well, boo hoo. I guess we'll just have to make due without your lovely posts until your chores are done!

Like Alan, I'm missing you already, honey, but I understand...what, with all your babies depending on you and all, that's what it's all about!

Soon, though, we'll be in Montreal, laughing up a storm, stayin' up real late, trying to make the most of EVERY SECOND!!

Good luck with those classes, Jan, they're lucky to have you, honey.

Til next time, lots of Love!

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:34:51 am »
Well, MY halter training just took a couple of days.....um, we are talking about the same thing here, aren't we???

Oops, too much information.    ;D

Gosh, I wish you had Wi Fi in those fjords Jan....you could dip your sheep and dole out loving word of support to each and every one of us simultaneously!

Will miss you, hurry back and be careful.

John

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:08:35 pm »
Hey Jan,

I'm gonna miss you, but I know you're not far away.

xx
Matt

Offline Trish

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 12:45:12 am »
Darn it!  Like you Jan, I'm the last one to chime in. ;) 

I just saw this thread, and it made me sad...I will miss you.  Always do.

And be careful out there.

Love you,

Trish

HEY, HURRY BACK!!!
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 02:32:38 am »
Jan, we'll see you when you return.

Rod

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 02:42:25 am »
Good lluck with all the errands.....I look forward to your return.  In the meantime, stay safe and health.  And most importantly, have fun.   ;D

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.